LOW BG pls advise

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Emma47, Aug 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emma47

Emma47 Member

hey guys Harry just read at 96 which is pretty low for him. We gave him a tiny bit of Karo on the gums just to get him up a little bit. What could this be? He’s been on 1 unit for a week and I would of suspected him to be higher not low. He usually stays within the 200 range and we were going to raise his insulin to 1.25 tomorrow but now I’m unsure whether to do that since he is running so low. What could be causing it to go so low?

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Emma, 96 is not a hypo number, it's just a lower number than you are used to seeing, so maybe you are seeing the insulin at work.

Please set up the spreadsheet so we can see the testing data and insulin dosing you have so far.

Idjit went off insulin very quickly and I just didn't know what was happening, and having that testing data to look at will be very helpful to advising members.

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/fdmb-spreadsheet-instructions.130337/

3. Margie and Jackson

Margie and Jackson Member

I wish my cat would test at 96! While some wouldn’t give insulin at that number, it’s a healthy number for your cat. You should worry about hypo at 50. Or if you think he might get to 50 or lower.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.