? Low number 9/19 Marnie PMPS 130 +3.5 47

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lynda & Marnie, Sep 19, 2021.

1. Lynda & Marnie

Lynda & Marnie Member

2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Lynda, I am around. It is later in the cycle, so some HC should bring her up quickly.

Congrats on another reduction. Please take her down to 0.5U from tomorrow morning. I see you shot 1U when you got a higher preshot. Lantus is not dosed based on preshot values but on nadirs - how low it takes the cat.

3. Lynda & Marnie

Lynda & Marnie Member

Hi again Bhooma, yes the first night of the reduction we felt that we had possibly given her less than the .75 and her numbers went up that pm so we decided go treat that as a fur shot and give the 1 unit in the morning with the pen needle and start again with the new dose .75 the following pm when we were both there to do it

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  4. Lynda & Marnie

Lynda & Marnie Member

+4.5 90

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  5. Lynda & Marnie

Lynda & Marnie Member

6. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

When you have a fur shot you can’t make up for it by shooting more the next time and the same goes if you shoot too little. In case you don’t know you also never shoot a second shot if you do shoot a fur shot. That’s because you don’t know if some got in.

Congrats on the reduction.

7. Lynda & Marnie

Lynda & Marnie Member

Thankyou :)

8. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Safe to stop testing and go to bed :)

Lynda & Marnie likes this.
  9. Lynda & Marnie

Lynda & Marnie Member

Thank you so much, I was just sitting here contemplating if I should ask you that. You must have read my mind , goodnight :)

Bandit's Mom likes this.