? Low PMPS?? Just upped dosage this morning

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by AmyB, Jul 31, 2019.

1. AmyB

AmyB Member

So Salem's dosage went up from 2U to 2.5U this morning and I was concerned bc one of my cats vomited their food up and I didn't know if it was him. I gave him about half a can more of food this morning and his lowest number was at 89 (AlphaTrak2) at +6. It's technically only +11 at this point but I went ahead and tested him and he's at 168 (AT2) and 112(ReliOn Prime). I have no idea if this is from it being a larger dosage or if he vomited this morning or what so now I don't know what to do. I mean I know he'll be okay if I miss this dosage but I haven't talked to the vet yet about shooting lower doses since he isn't regulated yet. Any advice? I'm going to give him another 30 mins then re-test him.

Update: 30 mins later and he's at 179 (AT2) so he's not getting a shot tonight bc I don't want to mess up the schedule. Also I would literally be up all night panicking and I need my sleep right now. I think I'll call the vet and ask about possibly lowering doses but since we don't know what he needs to be at I'm not risking it. Part of the problem is the vet has been testing him at +4 and I think his nadir is somewhere around +6. Should I try giving him 2U in the morning and do a full curve? I'm off all day so that might be the time to do it. Either way he's not getting dosed tonight lol.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
  2. AmyB

AmyB Member

Okay now I re-tested him +2 after not giving the shot and it's up in the 400s (ReliOn) :nailbiting: I know it won't necessarily do too much damage for one cycle but now I feel awful having skipped. But I'm scared he would have gone too low if I had? Should I give him a lower dosage in the future if he's not above 200 but just to make sure he doesn't skyrocket like this? I'll just have to see what his PS is in the morning I guess.

3. Lisa and little

Lisa and little Well-Known Member

Don’t feel bad. You can only do what you think is right in that moment. Your own health and sanity is important too and this whole process is extremely stressful so I get needing to sleep. Look at it this way... Now you have the data to know what to next time which certainly be helpful. :bighug: