911 Low PMPS. what to do?

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by misskitty007, Feb 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. misskitty007

misskitty007 Member

Hey All,

So at PMPS Fredo was 93, clearly too low to shoot. Waited about 10 minutes and got 113, still too low. I needed to give him some chicken with his test, so now technically he has eaten, meaning his BG will rise. He is due for .5 in the next hour, what to do? He gets small dose, but vet says 125 should be no-shoot cut off.
    (AlphaTrak2) I literally don't know whether to be standing by with honey or an injection. Help.

2. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Did you give insulin? I wouldn't with that low of a number. He may be higher in the AM but it's safest to not give any on such a low number.

3. misskitty007

misskitty007 Member

have not given. was going to re-test at an hour.

4. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

I haven't used PZI but I wouldn't shoot that number unless you're prepared to stay up and test throughout the night. I like waiting the hour and testing again. Tagging @BJM and @MommaOfMuse as they're the only ones I can think of right now...

5. misskitty007

misskitty007 Member

thanks. that's my instinct. i will test him again in about ten minutes. i do not want us to go through a night of testing. i don't think it's worth the anxiety for either of us. we finally had a good day! @Sue and Oliver (GA) tagging you as well.

6. misskitty007

misskitty007 Member

141 now. no idea what to do. we are only a little past 12 hours.

7. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Can you eyeball 0.25 units? Or even just less than 0.5 units?
    You can use a stiff ruler to line it up with the U-40 syringe to help you be consistent.

8. misskitty007

misskitty007 Member

Hey all,

After a rise to BG 171 a few hours after his normal dose time, I gave Fredo 0.25 (instead of 0.5). I will now have to adjust his morning dose time as well, but I am unsure as to whether to go back to 0.5 (regular dose) or the adjust dose I gave him last night (o.25). Thoughts?

9. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.