Lucky AMPS 384, +6 280, PMPS 308. Need dosing advice.

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by allison snyder, Nov 27, 2020.

1. allison snyder

allison snyder Member

Allison,Lucky,male,8-9,diagnosed 7/18,Lantus,started TR on 9/11,relion prime,wet food,eats throughout day,healthy weight, no other health issues.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19Bw5Hdjs6ge7XeXgI-huLz1L77Bkh9334xc9WM0Oebc/edit?usp=sharing

https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/10-21-lucky-amps-427-dosing-advice-for-am-shot.237272/

Hi,

I need dosing advice for Lucky. I’m not sure if I should be increasing? His numbers seemed better on the lower doses. Nothing has changed in his diet or behavior.

2. Cheryl & Jazzy

Cheryl & Jazzy Well-Known Member

Hi. Sorry you haven't been helped yet. I don't have any advice, but hopefully someone comes along soon :bighug:

allison snyder likes this.
  3. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Looks like @tiffmaxee and @Wendy&Neko stopped by on your 10/20 post - if they on the board later, perhaps they can chime in for dosing advice.

And, FWIW, I wouldn't worry too much about the numbers on different doses. Cats insulin needs change which makes the sugar dance extra fun :p People like to say to find some patience pants (I haven't found any yet :joyful:).

BTW, if you see this, I'd edit your title to put the date on it - just use today's since you didn't get an answer last night - the board gets a ton of posts and those scanning essentially look for ones with the current date.

? 11/28 Lucky - Need dosing advice

Hope that helps - Hugs to you and Lucky :bighug:

tiffmaxee likes this.
  4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Hi. Since you are following TR and he’s been on 3.5 for 6 cycles without blue nadirs I would increase to 3.75. Good luck with the increase. He just hasn’t hit the right dose.

JaxBenji likes this.
  5. allison snyder

allison snyder Member

Lucky surprised me early this morning with a 108@ +6.5, so I'll hold for another 3 cycles. His numbers had seemed flat for a while and I wasn't sure if I passed a good dose.

6. allison snyder

allison snyder Member

Is Patience a word in the feline diabetic world. LOL. It's discouraging when you see blues and greens on lower doses and on higher doses, higher numbers. He did surprise me after I posted, with an early morning low blue nadir, so I'll hold dose for now

7. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Sounds good.

8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

With nadirs under 200, you increase after 6-10 cycles. You could increase without waiting longer if you want to. You seem to be holding all your doses longer than you should lately. Unless you are getting mostly greens with some blues, you shouldn't be holding any longer than 10 cycles.

9. allison snyder

allison snyder Member

Yes, I have been holding doses longer. He seemed to be doing pretty well on a lower dose for a brief time and I wasn't sure, if I missed something. I'm glad I checked in with you all and will increase when needed. Thank you!