Lucy gets a condo!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Libby and Lucy, Jan 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

It's Caturday so Lucy gets a condo, I like this! I've missed having a home here, even though I'm home every day.

Since a lot of you don't know our story, I'll start with that. I am a volunteer for Siamese Cat Rescue Center, and I fell in love with Lucy when I met her when I did a transport and dropped another cat off at her foster home. She got into my heart and wouldn't get out, so I had no choice but to adopter her the following weekend. About a week after that, Lucy lost her appetite. Vet found nothing at that time, but a few days later I came home to find her in the closet almost dead. :sad: Diagnosis was diabetes, DKA, hepatic lipidosis. Her kidneys and liver were failing. Fortunately I was in too much denial to understand what all that meant, so I went ahead with treatment. At one point she was nearly comatose, leaking urine that was almost pure blood. Miraculously, Lucy made it! She's my hero. :D

I messed around with N and PZI for about 7 months until I moved and changed vets, and the new vet recommended Lantus. I joined LL in April 2008. Lucy quickly established herself as a star drama kitty, and people would stay up at night just to see what kind of numbers she would throw next. :roll:

We went up the dosing scale all the way to 4.25, then went down the scale FAST, then back up to 4.25 again, then back down fast.... I just hung on for the ride for the next 10 months, until one day all of a sudden my drama kitty turned into green kitty and went OTJ!

Today, Lucy is a GOOFY silly bouncy girl. She LOVES to be petted, any time, any place and she undulates under your hand. She purrs all the time. She recently went to the vet and had a great checkup, and she just got her toofies all polished up. BG's are running in the 80's usually, though I recently ran out of strips for my Aviva and have been using my backup meter, which gives lower numbers so now she is in the 60's. Right this minute she is hissing through the back door at the neighbor's cat who is hanging out on the porch.

2. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

Lucy has one of the most inspiring stories in LL. And LL wouldn't be LL without you.

3. Heather and Jasper

Heather and Jasper Member

Thank you for sharing the Lucy Show again :)

She is on of our FDMB Heros!

4. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

What Linda said.....((Libby & Lucy))

What a story!!!! You two are WONDERFUL!!!!! :YMHUG:

5. Judith and Thomas

Judith and Thomas Member

Thanks for posting your story of Lucy...what an inspiration she is, has been, and always will be here in LL! :mrgreen:

Thanks so much for all you do here for all the kitties and beans in LL. 'Paying it forward' is such an understatement with you!

Judith and Thomas (GA)

6. pjstroop

pjstroop Member

Thank you Libby for giving us a Lucy condo!

Lucy is truly our hero... She has certainly come a long way!
    I just love to read her story and how you helped her progress to where she is today..
    Such love and dedication.. not only to Lucy, but also to us peeps and kitties here! Thank you :D

7. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

[​IMG]

lol! i remember those long nights... lucy the drama kitty!

8. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

Awwww, the Lucy Show :mrgreen:

Lucy is such an inspiration. I'm so glad you are still here and paying it forward!

:YMHUG:

9. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Miriam and Putty (GA) Well-Known Member

I always love hearing the story of Lucy.
    It gives me and others first off a very sick kitty can become very healthy with hard work and dedication and second that a hard to regulate kitty can fool into thinking just that then go OTJ.

Thank you Libby for always being here for Putty and myself and for everyone else on this board day after day. :YMHUG:

10. Lynn and Angel

Lynn and Angel Member

Aww, Libby thanks for sharing Lucy Goosey with us today. What a happy story. Thanks so much for all the help you give us. (Kiss on top of Lucy's head!)

11. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

And I am very glad Lucy gets her own condo.

For once (and hopefully for more Saturdays), we get to stop by Lucy's condo and pay back the early morning and late night visits and share the good stuff. Thanks for being there in the broadest interpretation of what that means and for paying it forward.

12. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

jan and Hep and sara (GA) Well-Known Member

Libby,

It is great to see the Lucy condo again. I remember going to the "I Love Lucy party". She has the biggest sweetest eyes. She must get pretty much anything she wants from you. And she sure is a survivor, its a good thing you came home when you did! Wow!

Thanks for all your help.

:D

jan and sara

13. Sherry & Zoe (GA)

Sherry & Zoe (GA) Well-Known Member

So good to see Lucy and to hear how great she is doing!

Sherry & Zoe

14. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Libby, thank you so much for sharing part of Lucy's story with us.
    Max and I were not on the board then and only know of you through your help, kindness and advice.
    It is certainly wonderful to have a peak into Lucy herself.
    Such a beautiful girls she is adn found a wonderful mama bean in you.
    Thank you for being here.
    I am happy to be able to post in Lucy's condo.

15. Michelle and Doodle

Michelle and Doodle Member

Lucy's story is one of my very favorites!
    You are both amazing!!
    We love you to the moon and back!

16. Sara & Magnolia

Sara & Magnolia Member

Thank you for sharing your story! Being a newbie, I missed all the excitement!

What a good momma bean Lucy has...lucky girl!

17. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

I love hearing lucys story, and how she pulled through it. I feel like if lucy can do it, this stubborn siamese cat in our house can do it too, she just doesn't know it yet! Thanks for all the great advice you always give libby, and lucy, we admire you!!!

18. Wendi and Milo (GA)

Wendi and Milo (GA) Member

Happy old timer's day Libby & Miss Lucy.

19. Cyn and Cosmo

Cyn and Cosmo Member

Loo loo Lucy!! Such a silly goose!! Glad to hear she is enjoying life at the Fallz, though we knew that already.

Your story is so inspirational and heart warming. If only everyone who had pets were as dedicated to theirs as you are to yours.

20. stephanie & Ti-Mi (GA)

stephanie & Ti-Mi (GA) Member

I am so happy to hear about Lucy! Glad to hear she is still enjoying the falls!

21. Celia & Marco

Celia & Marco Member

I love Lucy's story so much!

When my family was skeptical that I was taking advice from a board - I showed them Lucy's video that you had linked in your siggy before. They teared up, and were instant fans!

22. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

So good to hear how Lucy is doing. Hope you post her video here as in the old board. Think of you often as we go up and down the dosing ladder. Lucy is a poster kitty.

23. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

Libby,
    I remember when I first came to the board, and how scared I was, especially thinking I might have to do the unthinkable with Buddy. Then I started reading profiles and came acrooss Lucy's video. As I read and watched (crying the whole time) I remember thinking how she started out and how lucky she is to be where she is now. There is NO doubt in my mind it's because of the caring, understanding, patient person that you are.

I "Thank You" from the bottom of my heart for all the time, patience and understanding that you have shown me. When I get on the board with a scared feeling, and I see your online, I know that everything will be OK.

Jan and Buddy

24. Joan and Madison

Joan and Madison Member

Ah, memories! I loved the Lucy Show. :smile: Thanks for all you do for Lala Land, Libby.

25. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

Michelle summed it up perfectly. Lucy's story is one of my favorites and I have thought about it often to keep me going. When I think of LL, I think of you and Lucy. I'm blessed to have gotten to know you a little bit better in recent months.

You make the world a better place for many kitties and beans. [​IMG]

26. Chris & Mally

Chris & Mally Member

What a great story. You two were made for each other and were obviously meant to spend happy years together! Success stories, especially one like Lucy's, are such an inspiration. Thank you! :smile:

27. Amy and Pedro

Amy and Pedro Member

Oh Libby and Lucy,
    You have a great condo! And what a story - not to mention the video. So glad to have had the fortune to have you looking over our shoulder.

28. Juanita & Chika (GA)

Juanita & Chika (GA) Member

Lucy really is a miracle kitty, and Libby, what a bean you are :YMHUG:

29. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA) Well-Known Member

And Lucy deserves a condo too!!
    Well color me happy...I get to visit you for a change :mrgreen:

Thanks for telling the story of brave little Lucy and how hard you fought to get her
    to where she is today. It is truly inspiring.

You are truly inspiring and I thank you for every time you have visited our condo.
    You have explained things in ways that made me understand when I was
    too upset to 'get it' the first time...you have helped get me and Alex
    through the first part of our journey and we love and appreciate you for it.
    You have really made a difference in our lives :razz:

Thank you ♥
    Caryl &Alex

30. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

I'm glad to hear that Ms. Lucy has her priorities straight....lots of loving and telling strangers to get lost. Good girl.

31. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Libby & Lucy--Spent several nights up together, either for Lucy or Moonie :coffee: :razz: -You have been a constant here and have made LL a better place for oldies & newbies alike..We all Love that Lucy!! 18 months till OTJ, when I see that it still inspires me, to know that maybe not Moonie, but another oldie cat can still get to the Falls!!
    We thank you for your knowledge & for being here to help --HUGS from Us!!

32. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Nice that Lucy has a condo so we can remind you how much we admire your dedication, insight and guidance.

I have often plugged Lucy's video, especially when people are new and overwhelmed. I hope you can link it here, too.

33. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

i remember her going OTJ but don't think i ever heard how she started.
    what a major comeback kid! miracle kitty!
    ya done good, libby. :)

34. paige

paige Well-Known Member

(((Libby and Lucy))) That is such an inspiring story. She is a survivor. So happy to hear that she got a clean check up.

Thank you for being here for us all. Bless you and Lucy!!!

35. Barb and Tori

Barb and Tori Well-Known Member

Lucy is for sure one of our miracle kitties. What a wild and crazy ride she has had. I'm just so glad that she is doing so well and that you are still here helping the rest of us .

36. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

Great story! Thanks for sharing your special kitty tale (and so much more) with us newbies.

37. Fleapunk

Fleapunk Member

I Love Lucy too!!

Geezy creezy! I remember those crazy numbahs! On the juice for 17 months, Miss Lucy is such an inspiration for those of us who are still dancing dancing_cat . It was so freaky how fast Lucy went off....well, fast after the 17 months. :mrgreen: That was wild, and great to see.

We heart you guys!

38. jojo and bunny

jojo and bunny Member

geez you forgot best part of story! okay i'll tell it. when libby met lucy, lucy was already an undx'ed diabetic and she had never known what "the real lucy" was like (like most of you know what your cat was like before the diabetes happened) and it was not until the last part of journey that ALL her real personality came out and we all found out that she was a card carrying member of the majorly goofy cat club! that there was like this whole new side to her that libby now gets to live with and ENJOY, no one knew that she was one of the big time goofy ones! (i have one of those goofy ones too, they are the bestest!) although we were suspicious when she would decorate her food bowls.... :lol:

thank you for sticking around and paying it back in a big way. it is not easy, trust me i know only too well. but nothing is more precious than these cats here......

39. Erica & Moses

Erica & Moses Member

Yay! I got to hear your story Lucy! And what an awesome and miraculous story it is :mrgreen:

And thank you, Libby, for being a huge part of the message board. I felt so welcomed and special when I came to Lantus Land. And your great advice and constant interest in Moses and I is so thoughtful. Thank you for having a heart so big for your Lucy and for other sugar kitties world wide.

40. WCF and Meowzi

WCF and Meowzi Well-Known Member

Memories indeed. I remember the Drama Kitty, that was fun! :lol:

41. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

Lucy has the most amazing story, and you are one amazing bean, Libby. Thanks for all the times you share what you learned with all of us new timers, mid timers, and YOUNG timers (I wish). :mrgreen:

42. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor Well-Known Member

43. Cheryl and Winnie

Cheryl and Winnie Well-Known Member

libby's lucy loves leaving lucky little letters in lantus land.

iz late ? I recall posting an all L reply to one of your early condos in LL.
    oh the halcion days !

happy to see she is still being goofy. oh that's it. lucy is rubbing off on me ! LOL

44. Lynee and Max

Lynee and Max Member

I just love Lucy's story. Gives such hope to those that are struggling with this game that we play.

45. Nancy & Bee

Nancy & Bee Member

Libby & Lucy have a condo!! Gotta love it... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

As a newbie I've only known you from your constant help & encouragement. How heartwarming to learn of your past struggles & well deserved graduation to the falls!! Thank you so much for sharing your story. And for your continued support!!

46. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

I had no idea. Wow!

Thanks for sharing, thanks for caring, thanks for helping all of us and our kitties out. You are an angel and we are all truly grateful.

Thank you, thank you thank you! cat_pet_icon :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: cat_pet_icon

47. Chris and Chloe

Chris and Chloe Member

Hi Libby! I needed to be reminded of your story, again. I just signed on, after being out of the loop for a few days, and Lucy's condo was the first I saw! I am in one of those "down" times with Chloe. I really don't know what's going on....why we're back to stinkus pinkus, and even have some reds.....which Chloe has almost never had. But, knowing what Lucy has overcome gives me continued hope with Chloe. And, you have been a life saver for us. You always seem to be there when we need help, support, advice, etc. We thank you, from the bottom of our hearts.

Libby and Lucy, you really are angels! Thank you!!!

48. Denise & Oreo (GA)

Denise & Oreo (GA) Member

Aww...I love hearing about Lucy again. I just found out that yesterday was "ole timers'" day. I'm so sorry I missed seeing everyone and reading great stories like yours. Lucy was always my favorite entertainer and I was so lucky to be able on more often back then so that I could see her go OTJ. You are the best; dedicated to Lucy and to LL. You give us all hope not to mention great advice. Thank you so much for taking the time to make sure all of our kitties are happy and for all the love and devotion to give to Lucy. :D

49. Suzanne + Nemo (GA)

Suzanne + Nemo (GA) Member

I'm so glad to hear Lucy's story, after all the help and support you've given me. Wow, what an amazing girl you have there!

50. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Thanks for stopping in and giving us a Lucy update!!

51. Judith and Thomas

Judith and Thomas Member

I just remembered about Lucy's sculptures! They were so amazing! Mind boggling that a kitty could even do that, and hers were so artistic! Miss 'Kitty Picasso'! :mrgreen:

She is one of a kind, that goofy girl. I'm so glad you got to see her real personality emerge once she became healthy again. Her video was an inspiration, too. I remember it well. What a sick kitty she was, and look at her now.

Has she made any new masterpieces lately? Would love to see them, if she has..... :D

Judith and Thomas (GA)

52. joyce-tuscany(GA)

joyce-tuscany(GA) Well-Known Member

Nice refresher on Lucy and very nice for her to have a condo. Thanks Libby for all the help that you do here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.