Maggie tested 99 today!

Discussion in 'Honeymooners / OTJ' started by Ann & Maggie11 (GA), Sep 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I'm so pleased with how well Maggie is doing since OTJ July 12. Do we count the trial as starting OTJ. I'm still using the Alpha Trak, which registers 20-25 points higher than my Relion and some of the other human meters, so 99 bg is very good. I wish I could get away from testing every other day, but I worry. Are most of you Honeymooners just testing once a week or once a month?

Ann & Maggie

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

You need help :lol:
    Awwww so funny Ann!
    Eventually you could let go and let Maggie's ears fur up, lol

I test once a month, unless I have no strips, like last month, which is why I sent away for a free a meter :lol:
    Maggie is just coming up to 2 months now, don't worry Ann, it gets easier to put away the meter.
    ((((hugs)))and congrats on the nifty 99! :mrgreen:

3. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Hi Ronnie,
    You always make me laugh! Okay I will take it easy and let Maggie's ears fur up! :lol: That is great that you only test once a month. Enjoy that free meter!

4. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

I thought 99 was great -- 70s is even better!

I am NOT a testaholic. I happily test either every 3-4 weeks, or when I worry. (You should now that I worry a lot. It's a job. Somebody's got to do it. :lol: ) If his fur is silky, though, I know he's low.

BTW, officially, OTJ starts the first day of no insulin. I know this, because I asked when I took over the LL master spreadsheet. So Maggie is that much longer OTJ! :RAHCAT

5. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Hi Kitty,
    Thanks so much. Yes, if I tested on the human meter, her bg would have been somewhere along the 70's, I have the Relion, and it reads about 20 points below the Alpha Trak meter. Wow, so you also just test about once a month. I am going to start going by Maggie's looks, like today first thing in the morning she is hungry and immediately wants to play after her breakfast, so that's a good sign she is doing well. It is so cute the way she wakes me up early and then waits for me til I am finished in the bathroom. Then she leads me into the kitchen waiting for her breffis. Her fur is looking really good, too, Thanks and I hope you and Kitty have a nice day. dancing_cat dancing_cat

6. Smokey

Smokey Member

Yippy for Maggie!!

That is wonderful! I must say, my Smokey is only 3 weeks OTJ and I'm still so paranoid that I test once daily and If I miss a day, I worry! So to see your doing it every few weeks is good! Good Luck! Keep us posted! party_cat

7. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Thanks Smokey. That's okay to test once a day as you feel better knowing she's okay. It's normal to be worried as I'm the same way; I am still testing every other day. After a while you might feel more comfortable with Smokey's numbers and test less often, but I can understand your wanting to know how she's doing every day. Yay for Smokey for three weeks OTJ!

8. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

I definitely tapered off -- tested more often in the first few weeks, then gradually reduced. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.