? Mango - Should I increase his dose?

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Ilse - M - T - P, May 11, 2021.

1. Ilse - M - T - P

Ilse - M - T - P Member

Hello,

I have moved out of state 3 weeks ago, so let's say that the last 2 months have been very hectic.
    BUT...
    I am back and ready to focus on Mango's diabetes again!

Pre-shots he is mid 200s, and will drop to upper 100s for his nadir. His curve a few days ago had a nadir of 171. (His spreadsheet is up to date)
    He is now at 2.25units prozinc BID. With these numbers I am leaning towards upping it to 2.5u BID.
    What is your opinion?

I also asked my (new) vet (no response yet) but am not sure yet what her knowledge about feline diabetes is so wanted to check with you all as well.

On a positive note: Cookie is still in remission and doing great!

Thanks
    Ilse

Deb & Wink likes this.
  2. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

You called it correctly Ilse. Mango is due for a dose increase.

p.s. Hope you are enjoying your new home and getting settled in.

3. Ilse - M - T - P

Ilse - M - T - P Member

Thank you!
    Of course he decided to go under 200 for his PMPS...

I am settling in ok.
    Not so sure about the cats. Had to take 1 (non-diabetic) already to the vet for not eating: got bloodwork done (all good), fluids given and sent home with an appetite stimulant.
    One of them is pooing next to the box every other night, and I haven't figured out who it is... Initially I thought it was Snickers (the one not eating) but I am not sure anymore. And of course it only happens at night.
    On the positive side, they LOVE the moving boxes :)
    There are still quite a few stacked up, and they made it their hurdle parcours
    I am sure we will all be Ok once all the boxes are gone and thing are in place and everything is back to normal

Deb & Wink likes this.
  4. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Cats HATE change. I moved the food dish for one of my cats, 4 feet away to the other side of the bathroom. She wasn't sure she wanted to eat.

It takes time for anyone, cats or humans, to settle into a new place and new routines.