Mango & Truffles: curve done

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Ilse - M - T - P, Nov 12, 2022.

1. Ilse - M - T - P

Ilse - M - T - P Member

Hello,

I did a curve on Mango and Truffles today.

Mangos numbers look OK, although his preshots are pretty high.
    Truffles is the other way around.
    She has decent preshots but she raises throughout the day.
    Their spreadsheet is up to date.

I also have sent it to their vet but would like to get your input as well.

Thanks
    Ilse

2. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Per the SLGS guidelines you would hold Mango's dose, yes. AMPS if often higher for many cats, does he eat overnight? When?

You would also hold Truffles dose as well. Has she been tested for IAA or acromegaly? Or does she perhaps have a thyroid condition? At her dose we recommend testing for those.

3. Ilse - M - T - P

Ilse - M - T - P Member

They do eat at night, they get a snack before bedtime and I put some frozen tiki out to get them through the night. Mangos preshot numbers are also high in the evening.

Truffles' T4 is perfectly fine. I discussed testing for IAA and acromegaly with the vet, and she doesn't believe that Truffles is an acro girl.
    Truffles' diabetes was mistreated at the very beginning by the vet of the rescue. She also has a hernia. The vet and I think that's the reason why she is so high.

4. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Ok. Just be aware that the classical acro signs and symptoms do not appear until the later stages of the disease, so insulin dose is often our first clue. And the sooner you can catch it, the better chances you have at managing it.