Mannie 1997 - 2013

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Michelle and Mannie (GA), Apr 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

7576 mannie GA.JPG

"To have loved and then said farewell is better than to have never loved at all.
    For all of the times that you stooped and touched my head, fed me my favorite treat and returned the love that I so unconditionally gave to you.
    For the care that you gave to me so unselfishly.
    For all of these things I am grateful and thankful. I ask that you grieve not for the loss but rejoice in the fact that we lived, loved and touched each other's lives.
    My life was fuller because you were there, not as owner, but as my friend. Today, I am as I was in my youth. The grass is always green, butterflies flit among the flowers and the sun shines gently down upon all of God's creatures. I can run, jump and play and do all of the things that I did in my youth. There is no sickness, no aching joints and no regrets and no aging. We await the arrival of our lifelong companions and know that togetherness is forever. You live in our hearts as we do in yours. Companions such as you are very rare and unique. Don't hold the love that you have within yourself.
    Give it to another like me and then I will live forever. For love never really dies,
    and you are loved and missed as surely as we are."

:rb_icon::rb_icon::rb_icon::rb_icon::rb_icon::rb_icon::rb_icon:

I am so overwhelmed by the amount of love, support, unconditional support, and caring Mannie and I have received over the course of the past few weeks. For me, the above says it all. Unconditional love. It was so Mannie. And so LL. I will be eternally grateful for all the support I, and Mannie, have received, from the very moment we joined LL. I wanted to take a few moments today to share Mannie with all of you, as I know you miss him as much as I do. What a unique character he was. My vet has always called him anomaly, as he never did play by the rules, or fit into any plan any of us ever had for him. He did things his way, his terms, his time.
    IMG_4861.JPG
    Mannie's infamous tail shot. Look at all that FLUFF!
    Mannie was a shelter adoption. We adopted him after another furkid wandered off one day, leaving BJ alone. So after days of searching for Corky, we decided to adopt so BJ could have some much needed company, and brought Elsa and Mannie into our home. The laugh of the situation was that that wandering kitty returned 2 weeks later with that "so what's the big deal" look on his face. Mannie was my son's cat. When we went to the shelter for that meet and greet Mannie literally leaped into my eldest son's arms and purred and purred and purred. We knew then that he was meant to be with us. Home we went with the cutest tailless bundle of fluff. He was 8 months old then. Never a dull moment with Mannie: a tree climber, dog chaser, ladder climber, cake eater, squirrel lover, sunbeam chaser, stray kitty adopter, chow hound, the memories are endless.... One day back in 1998 we knew something was wrong... after along process we learned Mannie was Diabetic, and so began what turned out to be a rewarding journey. We grew so much as a team, Mannie and I. I wrote this last year at Mannie's 4 year DX anniversary. It was so Mannie that I thought I'd share today.

IMG_7195.JPG
    Mannie and his nanners, Charter Member nanners anonymous!

One of the joys during the past two years was the arrival of Nicholas. He and Mannie had such an incredible bond. They were truly best friends. At first Mannie had no clue what that crying tiny thing was. He'd check him out, sit and watch from a distance. When things got a bit noisy off to the basement he'd go, relief from a crying baby. I'd find him creeping up stairs moments later to see if that notice maker had quieted some. So so cute, and so so Mannie. Over the past two years those two learned to share, whether it be nanners, or fishie crackers or a nap or two. They looked for each other every day. It was such an incredible bond. Nicholas knows things are different now, but it is a difficult concept for a two year old. He has told me several times over the past couple of days "Man-NIE now hap-PY" Yes, that he is. Happy. I would like to share a couple of videos with you - Mannie and Nicholas, together, and so indicative of their bond.

Lunch time... sharing rules!​

Patience is a virtue....

mannie 2.jpg
    Mannie and Nicholas: Best Friends

There have been so many things that Mannie has been known for. I have so many favorite photos, a few I'd love to share with you too. I am especially thankful to those that created the for us all: Tena, MJ, and CD. You guys are wonderful. Thank you for your humor, compassion, and all that you do for all of us in LL.

Coolguy_Mannie.jpg
    Mr Cool Cat​
    mannie adn the  roaddster, mannie said so.jpg
    Let's Roll!​

one cool dude.jpg
    Sunbeams Rule, Shades Required!
    manie's coffee house.jpg manie's coffee house.jpg
    Head Chef LL, Mocha Mannie

The stories were endless too. He will always be the FDMB Olympic Diving Champion. And the Rainbow Bandit. Creator and Founder of the CPC, the Blue Mannie Group. Celi and Christie were especially creative with creating the Mannie legend. How can one forget these posts!
    Mannie, the FDMB Olympic Diving Champion

The Rainbow Bandit

Mannie passed peacefully on the evening of April 18th. I laid Mannie to rest, in the back yard, in a spot that he loved, in NannerVile, a small suburb in MannieLand. It had rained all day. Relentless rains. At the moment that I put him to rest the rains just stopped, we had a brief moment of sun. I knew then that he had made it, that the Bridge had welcomed another traveler. It was his way of telling me that all was well, he was happy, whole, content. It was a moment I will not forget. I will be eternally grateful to his vet of 16 years, that made the trip on her day off, to help him cross. She would have it no other way. Thank you Candace! What a heroic warrior he was. Unbelievable that he could deal with FD, Aldosteronism, heart issues, Potassium issues, Endocrinology issues, Liver lesions, Pancreatitis, Anemia, CRF, and still be true to who he was. I always wondered if I would know when it was time, would I see the signs, would I know when he had told me? I did. They always manage to let us know, that is forever true. When I asked him that day if it was time, was he ready, he purred, closed his eye's and relaxed. I had my sign, and I knew he was ready. Mannie said so.

phpPfAouMAM.jpg

"As much as I loved the life we had and all the times we played,
    I was so very tired and knew my time on earth would fade.
    I saw a wondrous image then of a place that's trouble-free
    Where all of us can meet again to spend eternity.
    I saw the most beautiful Rainbow, and on the other side
    Were meadows rich and beautiful--lush and green and wide!
    And running through the meadows as far as the eye could see
    Were animals of every sort as healthy as could be!
    My own tired, failing body was fresh and healed and new
    And I wanted to go run with them, but I had something left to do.
    I needed to reach out to you, to tell you I'm alright
    That this place is truly wonderful, then a bright Glow pierced the night.
    'Twas the Glow of many Candles shining bright and strong and bold
    And I knew then that it held your love in its brilliant shades of gold.
    For although we may not be together in the way we used to be,
    We are still connected by a cord no eye can see.
    So whenever you need to find me, we're never far apart
    If you look beyond the Rainbow and listen with your heart."

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
  2. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

{{{{{{{Oh Michelle}}}}}}
    Thank you so much for posting. I am in awe of how you put this all together is such a time of grief. We have been wondering how you, Nicholas and Bear are managing in these sad days. I am so happy to read that Mannie sent you a sunbeam while you committed his tired body back to its beginnings. The stories, photographs and videos make me cry and laugh at the same time. It was so joyous to see Mannie in the days of CPC and looking so well to remind me what a happy, healthy, special unique fellow he was. We will miss Mannie terribly and also miss you. I've been missing my morning barista fix and I don't even like coffee. :lol:

As you readjust your life again, your hearts heal and time moves on, I will remember "we're never far apart", because Mannie said so.

All of our love from Anne, Liz, Zener and Tillie to you and your family.

3. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Michelle

Thank you for sharing Mannie all these past four years and for all you've done for LL. Always welcoming new members.....including us. But Mannie's condo was the place to go for laughter, adventure, parties, and to see what the kitties were up to that day. I feel sad for all the new members who will arrive and never get to experience that very, very special part of LL....thanks to you and Mannie.

Thank you also for this beautiful, elegant, wonderful tribute to Mannie.....for bringing us all smiles through the tears as we recall those photos, those funny quotes from Celi and Christie (miss them both, too).

I'm sure Mannie can still plan activities, menus, parties from the Rainbow Bridge ;-)

Love and hugs,

Marje, Mike, Gus, Gracie, and Tobey....and of course, GA Teddi who is with Mannie

4. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Michelle!

Thank you for such a glorious tribute to Mannie. He sooooooooo deserves it! We have all been thinking of you these past days. I have wondered how you explained it all to Nicholas and it sounds like he has adapted too. I hope you got out to the mountains to let them help settle your soul.

LL will never be the same without you and Mannie! Please do not disappear from our lives. Marje is right, laughter is needed here and we pledge not to let it die out! We could use you help from time to time, hint hint nudge nudge.

Take care and one last time [​IMG] [​IMG] and [​IMG] Those were Mannie's alone!

Auntie Michelle!??? We wents with Mannie as far as we could, Mannie told us at the edge of the Meadow that we could come no further. He got out of the roadster and stepped into the Meadow and he looked so good, just like before! And BJ was there to greet him! Know what? They had a Whack-a Thon! Then touched noses and went to the Bridge together! We kittehs all miss Mannie so much, but he is happy and so healthy now! -- Tess

p.s. Uh, Maui insisted on driving the roadster home! That's the last we saw of it or her! :shock:

5. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

Michelle,

What a wonderful tribute to Mannie. Thank you so much for the videos, photos, and stories. So many happy memories there. You and Mannie made Lantus Land a very special place for a long time. No one here will ever forget Mannie. Thank you for sharing him with all of us, and for making this Land a brighter place for all to visit. I know that Mannie is now Mayor of Bridgeville, and that he and his old friends have all sorts of adventures planned there.

My heart goes out to Nicholas as well, who has lost his Best Buddy. I am glad that he is comforted by the idea that Mannie is happy in his new surroundings.

I am keeping all of you close in my thoughts.

Linda

6. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Michelle))) what a heartwarming and beautiful tribute to Mannie. I so love the videos of Nicholas and Mannie and seeing their early days together and the bond they shared. It is so precious. I so agree LL will never be the same without you and Mannie. Thank you for sharing Mannie with all of us and making life at LL not so serious all the time. We sure did have fun with all the parties and adventures with Mannie as our leader. And oh those Triple Espressos and 10 Hour Energy coffee deliveries from Mannie. :D
    We're so glad you will still be around and visiting condos when time allows.
    Lots of love and hugs from Mags and me to you and Elsa.

7. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

What a beautiful tribute ((((((((((((Michelle))))))))))))))

8. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

Thank you for sharing more of Mr. Mannie with us. I love how he allowed Nicholas to play with his nanners and touch his tail and paws. It just shows that Mannie really liked this little boy and shared not only food, but Nannerville too. Such a kind soul and happy spirit. The perfect way to remember this fur of love.

Hey Tess,

What do you mean I stole the roadster! :eek: I didn't steal nuthin! Mannie gave it to me, he said he has driven it as far as he can and he can't take it to the bridge with him it had to stay here. And Mannie said only blind kitties can drive the roadster as it is designed especially for us with built in verbal commands! The roadster is mine all mine, but no worries, I will take the top down, picks you and everyone else up and drive it super fast, so we can feel the wind in our whiskers and the sun on our fur. We will have many great adventures to come with the roadster and the silly bus that I understand Mannie gave to you Miss Tess. He put Rusty in charge of the blankets and fleeces and Ollie is going to lead the new BMG.

I hear they are rehearsing for the party we will have at my place next week. Maybe Mannie will make a surprise appearance with his new friends and join us, his lounge chair is all set up in the sunbeams and his uniform err outfit is hanging in the closet. I made him a beauty - It's navy blue chef jacket, with a huge white chefs hat 3 ft tall and has his name Mannie Chef Extraordinaire embroidered on jacket!

Mannie and Stu are planning the menu, so you know it's going to be good. The wagon is locked and loaded, the Roadster and jet all gassed up and all the kitties are practicing their dance moves! Tess if you are nice, you can even play Titanic on my yacht!

Signed Maui the Magnificent, new owner of the famous Mannie LL Roadster :D

9. Tena and Curry(GA)

Tena and Curry(GA) Well-Known Member

What a wonderful tribute Michelle. He was so loved by all of our family here. You both brought so many smiles to the folks here and I would often sneak a peak at Mannie's condo to see how he was doing. I knew I would get a good chuckle at all the comments and kitty antics. He was one of kind.

Thank you for sharing your Mannie with us. Thank you for sharing his last days as well. And thank you for everything you did to make this sugar dance bearable, doable, and, well, gosh darn fun at times.

Bless you Michelle. I'll never forget dear Mannie or you.

Lots of love,
    Tena, Curry(GA), Zeke and Sidney

10. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Such a wonderful and fitting tribute for Mannie. Mannie and Nicholas had such a great bond. I'm glad he understands Mannie is happy now. Thank you for sharing Mannie and all of the kitty antics with us. Sending you hugs and prayers.

11. DD & Tinkerbell

DD & Tinkerbell Well-Known Member

What an incredibly beautiful tribute Michelle.

Mannie was, is, and always will be a legend around here.

Desi & Critters

12. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

What a wonderful tribute to Mannie. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all you have done for us over the last 2+ years. You have been there through many tears, celebrations, and no news days and always brought a smile to my face when I needed it. I always look forward to the pictures and videos of Nicholas and Mannie and Mason always wants to see them all when he comes home. Mannie was bigger than life and such an old soul. What a great bond he had with Nicholas and you. I always remember the stories of the whack-a-thons the trio had, the wake up kitty choir, and Mannie pacing the stairs with those silly slitted eyes when you were late getting home. As much as we all loved Mannie, I know your heart has a huge hole. Please know that you and Mannie have a very special place in my heart that will always be reserved for only you.

Hey Auntie Michelle!! I went out in the driveway today and did wheelies for an hour. My bean said it was a ok. Mannie would have liked that. I miss Mannie and I know you do too. When we left him at the meadow he said he was going away but would still be checking in on us and you and to check for him in the sunbeams. Love you. - T

13. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

What a beautiful tribute. We have all been so blessed to share in MannieLand. You are both a true inspiration, and we owe you many thanks for that.

14. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi, Michelle, what a BEAUTIFUL tribute to your handsome guy.

I loved watching the videos ~ Mannie was truly patient with Nicholas. I knew they had a good bond, but I had no idea how connected they were (are?) until today.

It's amazing that Nicholas says Mannie is happy now; I work with young children and I KNOW they know much more than we can ever imagine. This warms my heart, as I'm sure it does yours (and all of ours).

I have learned so much from reading about Mannie each day; mostly about OPTIMISM, as you truly embodied it. Despite his recent diagnoses, you always found the positivity in each day. Despite Mannie's health failing, you found the light and made LL brighter. I'm sure Mannie's calmness was largely in part because of YOU and your grace. You and Mannie = a perfect match.

THANK YOU for sharing Mannie; THANK YOU for sharing a part of yourself.

Sending peace and vines and love to you and your family.

15. ecurie

ecurie Well-Known Member

Thank you for sharing that most beautiful, loving message that Mannie sent to you. He must have sent it to you on his sunbeam. So wise, so caring, such a special one. It's no surprise that he should find his way from the shelter to you.

This is wonderful tribute and remembrance of Mannie. A handsome ball of fur who made the world a better place. The stories, pictures and videos brought tears, laughter and a very warm happy feeling. Laughter, Mannie always brought laughter. You are so kind to share yourself and him with all of us. I feel that i grew to know many kitties and beans because of the fun we had together in Mannie's condo. We could laugh at all the silly kitties and beans, forgetting for a few moments about fd and just laughing and having fun. You two are one of a kind. All my love and thanks to you and to Mannie.

Here's to you MochaMannie,dear barista.

16. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

Omg (Michelle). I loved this so much! The videos are priceless! What a wonderful tribute to our boy Mannie. Been thinking of you a lot and wondering how you were handling your loss. I know the first month for me was extremely hard. I hope Elsa is doing ok too. Big hugs to you and your family. Hope you are coping ok.

17. Patty & Champ

Patty & Champ Well-Known Member

What a lovely tribute for Mannie. I'll truly miss your stories about Mannie's adventures He was just bigger than life, with such a awesome personality!! I'm sure you're glad you took so many pictures and videos of him. He just had the sweetest face. Watching him share lunch with Nicholas....priceless!! I, too, hope to still keep in contact with you. I feel like you're my friend, above and beyond FD. Thank goodness for Facebook!!!

18. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

:D :D :D Dear Michelle, I just saw this beautiful condo. It's midnight, so I can't write now. 'till tomorrow,

Hugs from us,

Ella & Rusty

19. tortie58

tortie58 Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing your beautiful moments with Mannie & family. You are a very strong woman, Michelle. I really admire the way you carry your life even when Mannie's sick these couple of weeks. When we are all crying in our hearts for Mannie, you can still put up a smiling face & send us the morning coffee. I wish I can have that courage when I face the day for my 21.
    Hope you can release all the stress & enjoy your happy mountain hiking. I am sure we will miss all those beautiful pic with Nicholas splashing by the river. Take care!

20. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

so beautiful. vyktor particularly enjoyed the lunch video, I've never seen him so intent on a screen. still crying buckets for your gorgeous boy Michelle. we've all been so lucky to have u share him with us. he will never be forgotten.

21. knolet

knolet Well-Known Member

(((Michelle))). What a beautiful tribute to Mannie, thank you for sharing him with us. I loved the videos of him and Nicholas... Priceless. I loved the one where they were eating together at the high chair, so cute. What a bond they had. :smile:

22. cjleo

cjleo Member

Michelle,

What a beautiful tribute to Mannie!

So sorry for your loss. Hope you will find peace and solace in the greening of Spring.

Claudia

23. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

{{{{{{{{{{MICHELLE}}}}}}}}}}

Thank you for sharing Mannie's life with us, and for a beautiful tribute. He will always be a part of LL, and will never be forgotten by any of us.

24. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed looking at this even though it brings so many tears.
    I know how therapeutic it is to create it... it's such a good way to work through grief.
    Mannie is so very missed.

Shadow is laying in a sunbeam on the couch as I type. ( we rarely get sunbeams as our windows aren't positioned for it)
    ((((((Michelle)))))

25. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Yo Mannie! It was tough saying farewell to you at the meadow by the Bridge, but we all knew that you were beginning a new adventure and that our job was to stay in LL to help make it a good, safe, and joyful place for all kitties with diabetes. Your example is our inspiration. The parties and the trips and the adventures will continue and all your friends here will pitch in. Thank you for being you and for all the great times we had together. I love you, man!
    Your pal,
    Rusty

(((((((Michelle))))))) Your loving remembrance and tribute to your boy captures his uniqueness. He was the heart and soul of Lantus Land and I know that his spirit and his example will forever be the bright spot--the sunbeam--that keeps all of us going day after day. Thank you for your always inspiring and always joyful and optimistic "Mannie" condos. Thank you for sharing him with us. As Nicholas grows and when the new grandbaby arrives you will be busy, but we hope that you will still find time to visit LL.
    Sending much love to you and your family, and especially to Nicholas. And some special scritches to Elsa,

Ella & Edward, Rusty, and Stu (who is mighty excited to open with Mannie the new "Two Chefs' Kitchen" at the Bridge).

26. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

((((Michelle)))) Thank your for writing this beautiful story of Mannie. From his March calendar photo, to the videos (I've loved the ones you posted about Nicholas placing nanners) to the amusing quotes from his condos along the way. When I first started our journey in LL, the Mannie condo has always been a place of refuge, to get away from the stress and the worries, to even open up and have a little fun. I've taken comfort in knowing that we've been taking pages from Mannie's playbook and are not unique. The shared experiences have made everything so much easier for all of us new and not so new now. Thank you so much for sharing Mannie in the way that you have. You have been inspiring as a great team. :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

Mannie - the sunbeams are out here and I hope you've got a bunch where you are now. I'm glad you're going to be the new mayor of Bridgeville. I know there will be great parties there when it's my turn to go there.

27. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

Thank you for sharing Mannie, his adventures and his bond with Nicholas with all of us. We all know our furbabies are special but once in a while one comes along that is unusually unique. Mannie fits that bill. He had such a wonderful life. All your care and love contributed to the quality of life he experienced.

A 14 year old kitty that was not used to little humans, he adjusted to the noisy addition-they bonded and became best buds. He tried to overcome the frailties he was experiencing due to his mounting health problem. He did the best he could and then he told you it was time, more importantly, you listened. He expected no less of you then to follow his request.

I’m sure every time you have rays of sun in your garden, in his favorite haunts, it will be Mannie sending his blessings and telling you he is alright.

He will always hold a place in your heart and that of LL.

Your condos were always a bright spot. You encouraged all the newbies and your sense of humor and kindness was so encouraging. A job well done by both of you.

The tears will dry on your face but Mannie will always be in a corner of your heart.

Blessings.

May I Go

Do you think the time is right?
    May I say goodbye to pain filled days and endless lonely nights?
    I've lived my life and done my best, an example tried to be.
    So can I take that step beyond, and set my spirit free?
    I didn't want to go at first, I fought with all my might.
    But something seems to draw me now to a warm and living light.
    I want to go, I really do; it's difficult to stay.
    But I will try as best I can to live just one more day.
    To give you time to care for me and share your love and fears.
    I know you're sad and afraid, because I see your tears.
    I'll not be far, I promise that, and hope you'll always know,
    That my spirit will be close to you wherever you may go.
    Thank you so for loving me. You know I love you too,
    And that's why it's hard to say goodbye and end this life with you.
    So hold me now just one more time and let me hear you say,
    Because you care so much for me, you'll let me go today.

28. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

That was a beautiful post Michelle....thank you.
    You are a shining star ~ a most wonderful Mama...and an inspiration to us all.
    Your Mannie condos were always such a joy each day....as were all the tales of Mannie and his nanners and all the things he did. Thank you for sharing him with us....he will be truly missed.
    Sending you a million hugs....and a million thanks for everything that you do.....
    :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

29. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Mannie has been a part of Lantus Land since Gabby and I began our journey here. LL seems a little emptier without a condo with Mannie's name attached to it. He has been and will remain a presence.

You are indeed fortunate to have the photos and the videos to share with Nicholas and with your eldest son. Mannie was such a part of their lives. Thank you for sharing the best parts of what made Mannie so special with us. You have enriched us all.

I hope you will visit. And if not, know that you will always have an extended family here where Mannie left paw prints on many hearts.

30. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Dearest (((Michelle)
    I saw this ,this morning, but couldn't write through the tears. This is such a beautiful tribute to Mannie.
    I didn't know..or remember, how you came to have him. Thank you for telling us of the beginning of your life with him.
    Thanks for the videos. I remember them from when you originally posted them, and was sooo happy to relive them.
    It just doesn't feel right to come here and not see a Mannie condo. It was always the first one I read. Didn't always respond right away, but now there is a hole in the LL family.
    Michelle, I've always admired your strength, grace and upbeat attitude, and now is no exception. :YMHUG:

I will miss Mannie, and think fondly of him, always.

31. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Michelle... what a lovely tribute to Mannie. Actually it was a tribute to the love Mannie shared with you, Nicholas, and all of your family. AND your family here. You and Mannie are such an important part of FDMB and the cheer and kindness you showed every day brought many smiles to all of us. I had to have my Mannie/Michelle coffee fix everyday even if I didn't post much lately... I was reading... and smiling.

The joy of seeing Nicholas and Mannie together always brightened my day. That was so special and I know you will cherish the memories and videos for years and years.

What a great life you had with an awesome kitty. (((((((Many hugs to you.))))))))

32. RichNW & Rex

RichNW & Rex Well-Known Member

Michelle - what a beautiful tribute to Mannie and your journey!

I am relatively new to the board and loved all the memories you posted! Thanks you for sharing!!!!

Your Seattle Neighbor!

33. Lisa & Leo

Lisa & Leo Well-Known Member

Dear Michelle - what a wonderful tribute to Mannie - I love the videos with his patience and nanners tossed and squashed onto him. He certainly was a mellow and tolerant guy and so special. I, too, had to wait before I could respond to this. There always seem to be more tears right at hand.

I also miss not seeing a condo from Mannie when I visit, and there is a hole there since you guys were here since I started and we got to join the gang. I hope you can come and visit sometimes, knowing that you have a whole huge family here whenever you need anything.

(((hugs)))

Lisa & Leo

34. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA) Well-Known Member

(((((Michelle)))))

You NEVER fail to amaze me. Thank you for sharing yet more of Mannie with us.

I cannot express how sorry I am for your loss....yet so happy for you that you have so many beautiful tales to tell.
    My heart is with you.

Much love,
    Caryl

35. GregFurBall

GregFurBall Well-Known Member

What an amazing tribute to a well-loved Mannie. I've been out of town and just now able to get back to condos. I cried through the memories and so appreciate the time you took to put this together. This tribute was so well done. LL will never be the same without the fullness Mannie brought to it. Marje said it well...your condos were so uplifting, entertaining and just helped break up the stress of caring for FD. My heart goes out to you Michelle, as you grieve the empty space left by his passing.

:YMHUG:
    Karen, Greg and Fur Ball.

36. Sweeties-Mom

Sweeties-Mom Member

(((Michelle)))
    I LOVED learning more about the amazing Mannie! Love how he picked your son by leaping into his arms and purrrrrrrring. Wonderful videos and photos!

37. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Morning everyone! :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: on the house today, in memory of MochaMannie. :D

I really want to spend some time this morning and acknowledge everyone that posted on this condo. It has taken me a while to do so. I've started half a dozen times, and had to stop, emotions took over... ;-) I am still to this day overwhelmed by the response that Mannie's passing received. You guys are simply the best, and have made a difficult time so much easier. I truly thank you for that. Things are gradually becoming easier for us. There is an overwhelming sense of sadness that prevails throughout the day, but it is also matched with such great memories. ALot of Mannie's things remain as they are: his beds, the nanners, the photos. Elsa has taken over the nanners to some extent, but not nearly as involved as Mannie was. He so loved those nanners! We will leave them as they were, accessible to him should he ever need a well loved nanner fix. :D Finding his whisker the other day, (well he left it in a spot he never frequented, but is used by me all the time), has left me with a sense of peace, and calm, and happiness. Between that, and the sunbeams that erupted at the moment of his burial, we are doing OK, and know he made the journey to the Bridge safely, and is doing well. Eventually we will bring in others, more kitters, to carry on the legacy. Mannie would want that- he was always the one bringing home the strays, or inviting other kitties to visit... For now though we will let Elsa adjust. She has been a great comfort, and seeks me out alot. She knows it is good for me, and I think she needs the one on one time too. well anyways.... thanks to you all for being there for us: for Mannie in his final days, and the support once I had to say good bye. I cannot thank you enough.

Cathy - Thanks for all. I can still see that moment when Mannie chose us. truly a very special time.
    Karen - THX on all. It was a labor of love. THX too on what you wrote: it has always been my approach: to add a little humor, uplift some and try ad add something, or take away, from the stress of dealing with FD.
    Caryl - Many thnaks! The stories are endless, he was such a character. Over time I hope to tell more of those stories....
    Lisa - Thank you! Ne too on those videos - I am now so glad that took them, and was happy I could include them here, it occurred to me as I looked back on this that I missed one with DGS and Mannie and some fishie crackers. I will have to include it in a LLips condo.... oh yes - I will visit, as much as I can. a promise.
    Rich - THX so much! I never realized you were so close! a seattle-ite!
    CD - THX! it is so fun to think how that MochaMannie thing took off,and I am glad that people enjoyed it )(WOO HOO for 10 hour energy coffee), and his condo. a big yes on DGS and Mannie - what a pair! and thank you - it was a great life. :)!!
    Barb - THX so much! Thanks for all you wrote - I am so glad that you, and others, enjoyed the vids. and Mannie's story. He was without a doubt one of the best adoptions I ever made. Amazing what inner strength we ca all find when it is so needed.
    Sienne - Thank you for that, all you wrote. I am so fortunate that part of Mannie lives on with Nicholas - he still speaks of him, probably will for a while. and yes - visit I shall. I would like to return all that I received from all of the folks here.
    Pat - Thank you for all! You were such a teacher for me - I learned so much from how you dealt with FD, and will always be grateful. Remember the new moon parties?
    Barbara - thank you forever for all the support! I cannot thank you enough for what you wrote. This is so true: "The tears will dry on your face but Mannie will always be in a corner of your heart."
    Wendy - Thank you. it does make me feel so good to know that Mannie's condo was a place of refuge, Along the way I had so hoped that it was. I will smile over "Mannie's playbook" it is huge ya know... :) Please tell Neko that Mannie is basking in those rays, and is ever so excited to be the mayor of BridgeVille. I love that!
    Ella - many thank to you, and even more for your never ending support. Yupp: I will still be around.... how can I not? Can't you just see that "Two Chef's Kitchen"? AWESOME! Please tell Rusty that Mannie is elated that the kitties will continue to party on. He will never forget saying till we meet again to all his friends at the Meadow.
    Rhiannon - THX, it was just that. It was good for me to put it together, really brought on sense of calm, and happiness. They are all good memories. Tell Shadow to enjoy those sunbeams, perhaps Mannie sent them. :)
    Angela - Thank you so much! We do miss him, and all his antics...
    Claudia - Thank you! I have, the sun and green that is spring has brought on such good feelings, and great memories.
    Kathie - So so true on Mannie and DGS. It was wonderful, and a great remembrance for me. They had such a great bond!
    Serryn - Oh too fun on Vyktor! And thank you so much. The buckets are still here too.
    Helen - Hey thank you. You are more than kind. It is the way Mannie would have wanted it - it is the way he carried on with his life. As rotten as he had to have felt, he still was true to his routine, dd it all until the very end. what an incredible brave kitty he was. A fr sure on the mtn hiking - it always soothes the soul for me.
    Patty - Oh yes n the videos - more than glad. Yes on FB! It has proven to be invaluable to maintain contact with folks, and the ones who no longer post here. I wills till b around! : )Thanks on Manie - he really was a gorgeous cat, very pretty markings. I shall miss that tail! or rather the lack of one...
    Michelle - THX for everything. We are holding up OK. it helps to have Elsa, she has been my rock these past few weeks.
    Mary - THX for all - we thought so too when we met him at the shelter. Just knew he was meant for us. Thank you for the thoughts on laughter. It was part of what I wanted in his condos, just to lighten the "burden" of FD just a little, to show that one can have a life outside of FD. Thank you for all you wrote.
    Josie - THX on the vids. They had such a bond, and hopefully the vids put a visual image out there on how strong it really was. Oh yes on Nicholas who repeatedly tells me that Mannie is happy. It is just the best to hear it, see it through a very young child's eyes. THANK YOU so much for all you wrote. One simply has to have optimism! What a team he and I made.
    Amy - Thank you for that. I am humbled!
    Melissa - Thank you for everything, I am so grateful that you always too time to visit us. and Mason! it warms my heart to think that he loved all those videos of one very one boy. That is just way too cool. i know.... I so miss those whack-thons, the kitty choir, and Mannie giving me "that look": when I was late. What wonderful memories! Please tell Tarragon that he si one cool cat! Wheelies??? oh Mannie would have been so proud, and evolved it. I watch the sunbeams daily.
    Desi - Thank you so much for everything. Your posts have been such a help when Mannie passed.
    Carla - many thanks! Tanks for visiting us daily. Me too on Nicholas knowing, and telling me, that Mannie is happy. What a joy it is to hear it from him.
    Tena - I cannot thank you enough for your support, and understanding during the past few weeks. it meant so much, and got me through some pretty rough days. That he was - one of a kind. I am forever grateful that his condos helped so many, even if it was just to lighten the load for that day. It means alot to know that.
    Hillary - I love those vids - forever etched on a CD to watch as often as needed. Mannie loved that kid, and would let him do anything with him. I agree - it is perfect. Tell Maui that the fraudster needs to be driven often and very fast. It also does excellent wheelies. I love his new "outfit" Mannie shall wear hat hat with pride!
    Lisa - many many thanks!
    Ann - I know....I shall never look at a mocha the same again, and those 10 hour energys! HAHA! The memories are great ones, aren't they? yupp! I shall stick around.
    Linda - Thank you ever so much. You have been such a help over the past few weeks, I cannot thank you enough for all the support. I so love the thought that he is now mayor of BridgeVille - what smile that brings to my face. Me too on Nicholas - he is doing well with it, knows Mannie is gone, but not much more. in time I think....
    Ann - Thank you for all your support over the past years - invaluable to me! And all the help over the past few weeks. Nicholas has accepted things - he knows Mannie is gone, but I don't think yet he truly understands what that means, he still looks, and then asks, and when told he always responds that Mannie is happy. and that he is: happy. Thanks for all you wrote - I will still stick around, by choice. and.... oh my on those pics - yes, they were Mannie's, and his alone. that so makes me smile! Pleas thank Tess for telling me about teh journey to the Meadow - what a wonderful image that is. and with BJ too, and the whack-a-thon. huge smile now!
    Marje - THX for all you wrote. ah yes... things were so fun back then, serious, be with a light side too. remember the catnip patch? LOL! Thanks for all the support over the past few years,
    Anne, and Liz - THX for everything. It for me to know as good to focus on how he was way back when, and to now he is once again. Yes on that sunbeam - what a moment that was! I knew it was him, his way of saying he'd made it, and all was well, feel good and do not cry. This is so true: "we're never far apart", because Mannie said so."

And I'm still trying to figure out who Mannie willed his BG PlayBook to.... Kitties, best not read that, there are all kinds of scary things in there.... Oddly enough the trampolines and bungees and zip lines and scuba gear all seem to be missing too. :shock: :lol: :lol:

Take care everyone. Thank you again, from the bottom of my heart.

Attached Files:

38. Doug N Libby

Doug N Libby Well-Known Member

(((((Michelle))))) -

Thank you for sharing your photos, videos and memories of sweet Mannie. I know the pain of your loss is ever-present, but I hope over time that the sweet memories become greater than the pain.

Continued thoughts and prayers -

Libby (& Hershey, too!)

39. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

hi Libby, and Many thank yous! I know those memories will do just that, all will be well once gain. Thank you!

40. asoolty

asoolty Well-Known Member

(((Michelle))) I'm so very sorry that Mannie is gone !! she's the same age at my precious Noni .. 16 years old ! I remember the rain too when she passed away .. it was a sad day..

I Know how difficult it is to lose your sweet Mannie ..hope they will be waiting for us one day !

41. Iorwen & Tray

Iorwen & Tray Well-Known Member

I am only learning of Mannie's passing now. I am so so sorry to hear this but I reading this, what joy and love he had and gave in return. I know that, and it's power, never dies. Tray and I wish you and your family warmth and love, we hope the pain of grief passes quickly knowing that the memories you shared with Mannie will be a comfort.

42. GraceAndAngie

GraceAndAngie Member

Hi Michelle,

I'm so sorry to hear about Mannie's passing. I was looking for his condo as I wanted to catch up on our friend. I've spent the last hour crying and reading back about his passing and Elsa's new friends. You were the best of friends to each other. I'm glad that his passing happened in such a peaceful way. He will be a legend in LL and missed by everyone who knew him. I'm glad that you are still posting condos.

Big hugs,

Grace and Angie

43. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

It has been a while since I checked back on Mannie's remembrance condo... thanks to all that visited him since then. I am truly grateful still for all of you. It's hard to believe that he has been gone a month now. The sense of loss is as strong as it ever was. Miss ya big guy!

Aseel - THANKS for all. I know you miss Noni as much as I do Mannie. It is never easy when they have to leave us. Funny on the rain huh, seemed to match the day,. It was nice to see the sun show at his burial - a sign from him. I know they will, be waiting for us.

Iorwen - Many thanks... I think so: Mannie was such joy and love and fun. He gave so much, asked so little from us. What a great one he was. Yes, the grief is subsiding alot, we have good memories now, and focus on that. I do so hope all is well with you and Tray. I think of you guys often.

Hi Grace, and Angie too- Many thanks. It was hard to loose Mannie, but it was him time, as hard as it was for all of us here. We were the bets of friends, as was Nicholas to him too. Memories are great, and have gotten us through. as well as adopting two new kitties. It's been a good decision, and I think Mannie has given his approval: they fit right in here. THX for everything!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.