Mannie ~ One Year Ago Today

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by CD and BigMac, Apr 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

One Year Ago Today….
    by Michelle

Where does time go…. Has it really been a year? It is hard for me to fathom such a length of time when I think of Mannie. It seems like just the other day when I was poking and testing and calculating and feeding and shooting and charting …. and hoping. It seems like just yesterday that Mannie was so engrossed in those nanners. He LOVED those nanners! They were slept on, drooled on, cuddled, stacked and restacked, moved around to make the perfect sleeping bed, defended from the other civvies at all costs…. It seems like just yesterday that Mannie was basking in those sun beams, he was such a master at finding them all… It seems like just yesterday that Nicholas was Mannie’s best buddy and Mannie his, that those two were inseparable, that Nicholas shared his fuds, that Nicholas helped with Mannie’s testing, that Mannie watched over Nicholas while he slept. It all seems like it was just yesterday. It has been a year since Mannie left us for the Rainbow Bridge. There isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t miss him, yet remember him ever so fondly.

Mannie, I hope I did right by you. I hope every day that I did right by you. You never complained. Ever. Even when you were so sick, and we tried everything we could to help you. All those vetty trips, the meds and the pills, the extra shots of this that and whatever, the odd fuds, all those labs… yet you never companied. Ever. I hope I made the right decisions. It is something I wrestle with every time I think of those last few months, when I knew what the outcome would be. So many compounded illnesses…. What I can never forget about you was that through it all, you always were just you: the never ending purrs, the evening lap cuddles, the steals from the human’s breakfasts lunches and dinners and Nicholas, the outdoor kingdom that you patrolled every day until your last, those nanners, and that incredible bond between you and Nicholas. To this day Nicholas has not forgotten you, he still remembers – everything. I think of those last two weeks, especially those last two weeks, and hope that I did right by you. I know I gave it all I had. Could I have done more? Should I have? I let you be my guide, and with that thought I find comfort. You were so incredible. Full of quiet dignity and grace, what an example you set for us all. Thank you for being you, from the bottom on my heart.

Mannie was a shelter adoption. We adopted him after another furkid wandered off one day, leaving BJ alone. So after days of searching for Corky, we decided to adopt so BJ could have some much needed company, and brought Elsa and Mannie into our home. The laugh of the situation was that that wandering kitty returned 2 weeks later with that "so what's the big deal" look on his face. Mannie was my son's cat. When we went to the shelter for that meet and greet Mannie literally leaped into my eldest son's arms and purred and purred and purred. We knew then that he was meant to be with us. Home we went with the cutest tailless bundle of fluff. He was 8 months old then. There never was a dull moment with Mannie: a tree climber, dog chaser, ladder climber, cake eater, squirrel lover, sunbeam chaser, stray kitty adopter, chow hound, the memories are endless.... One day back in 1998 we knew something was wrong... after a long process we learned Mannie was Diabetic, and so began what turned out to be a rewarding journey. We grew so much as a team, Mannie and I. I would not trade any of it for anything. Mannie taught me patience, preference, team, compassion, understanding, acceptance, honesty. He taught me self-less unconditional love, giving and not asking anything in return, He taught me that life is a journey, keep on living, never look back, be true to who you are and remember that you can still have a life, even with diabetes. Thank you Big Guy, for everything.

One of the joys during the past three years was the arrival of Nicholas. He and Mannie had such an incredible bond. They were truly best friends. At first Mannie had no clue what that crying tiny thing was. He'd check him out, sit and watch from a distance. When things got a bit noisy off to the basement he'd go, relief from a crying baby. I'd find him creeping up stairs moments later to see if that noise maker had quieted some. So so cute, and so so Mannie. Over the course of two years those two learned to share, whether it be nanners, or fishie crackers or a nap or two. They looked for each other every day. It was such an incredible bond. Nicholas knows things are different now, but it was a difficult concept for him to understand as a two year old. He told me several times during the months that followed Mannie’s crossing that "Man-NIE now hap-PY" Yes, that he is. Happy. Nihcolas now knows Mannie resides in Mannie’s Garden, a special place out in the yard. He believes that Mannie loves his garden, and the Lola and Bug and Elsa tend to it, to make sure all stays well, and that Mannie is doing OK. He believes that Mannie plays there, chases sunbeams there, loves the flowers and all that grows there. Mannie – this young boy will always remember you. Always.

Mannie was larger than life. I always use to think of him as just my tailless bundle of fluff, such a cute loving fun stoic kitty. And then FD, and LL, and Mannie Lore entered the picture. FDMB, and all the wonderful people here enabled Mannie and I to grow as a team. I cannot thank you enough for that, all of it. Mannie Lore was incredible….. from his being the head chef in LL, to the KTSS, to the FDMB Olympic Diving Champ, to the President and CEO of the CPC, to the charter member of Nanner Anonymous, to the activities director, to the Nanner King, to the Rainbow bandit, to the creator of the Treehouse, the developer of the kitty bus, the roadster, the wheelies in Tarragon’s driveway, and more. I remember one day posting that he had made my coffee…. The next thing I know here he is running his own barista business. And the fuds dance. Remember the fuds dance? And the Remembrance Circle… what a wonderful thing that is. Mannie Lore just grew and grew. He became larger than life. So many here have described him as such. I think he was…. From the origins of Mannie Lore, to his just being who he was: tackling all with quiet dignity and grace.

Mannie, I will remember you today with much joy in my heart. I hope all will. He is no doubt having the time of his life at the Bridge, celebrating life with all his friends, human and furry. Remember him fondly today. No sadness or tears, or unhappiness. Remember all the happiness and fun he brought to so many. A day of good cheer, fond memories. Party on! As it should be. Mannie said so.

Here’s to you Big Guy! Always remembered, never forgotten.

• "To have loved and then said farewell is better than to have never loved at all.
      For all of the times that you stooped and touched my head, fed me my favorite treat and returned the love that I so unconditionally gave to you. 

For the care that you gave to me so unselfishly.
      For all of these things I am grateful and thankful. I ask that you grieve not for the loss but rejoice in the fact that we lived, loved and touched each other's lives.

My life was fuller because you were there, not as owner, but as my friend. Today, I am as I was in my youth.
      The grass is always green, butterflies flit among the flowers and the sun shines gently down upon all of God's creatures.
      I can run, jump and play and do all of the things that I did in my youth. There is no sickness, no aching joints and no regrets and no aging.
      We await the arrival of our lifelong companions and know that togetherness is forever. You live in our hearts as we do in yours.
      Companions such as you are very rare and unique. Don't hold the love that you have within yourself.

Give it to another like me and then I will live forever. For love never really dies,
 and you are loved and missed as surely as we are."
      ♥ ♥ ♥

Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
    Reason for edit: fixed link
  2. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Can a year have passed already? My fondest memories of Mannie are reading the stories with Nicholas. Such a bond forms a furever memory.

You did the most bestest, rightest and loving-est possible for your beloved Mannie. It must be just about time for Mannie's garden to be coming into Spring bloom.What a wonderful story to share with us all. :YMHUG:

Attached Files:

3. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

It is so hard to believe a full year has passed since Mannie crossed the bridge. He truly touched all of us, and we are honored to have shared a small piece of him with you, Michelle. He is always with you, and always with LL...never forgotten!

4. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

What a nice video <3 beautiful pictures and then brought tears to my eyes. Love you, Mannie.

5. Rachel & Chyna (GA)

Rachel & Chyna (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Michelle, I can't believe it's been a year. I know you said no tears, but I remember crying before for you when he left, and I am again today. Maybe because I am going through the "did I do right" thing now, but mostly because of the love you shared and it shows so obviously in your words. You are a wonderful mama bean. I especially loved the picture that Mannie was surrounded by nanners with his name written in red on them, such a perfect idea to show them that way for the nanner king and the look on his face said "mine" :D . Many hugs to you Michelle :YMHUG: Here's to you, Mannie! o:)

6. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Maybe you said no tears -- sorry.. There's a river running down my face. Your words and memories are far too eloquent to warrant anything less.

Those words and memories remind me of just how privileged we are to be allowed to share in the lives of these incredible creatures. They are with us for such a short time and teach us so much about ourselves, what we are capable of doing, and about how much we can care (especially when many would tell us, "It's just a cat."). These guys are so much more than "just" cats. They become our companions, our keepers of secrets, listeners, comedians, and care for and about us in ways at least i keep discovering. Your words about Mannie underscored all of that and more.

Mannie left his paw prints on more than the hearts of you, Nicholas, your son, and your family.

7. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone for visiting Mannie today. I cannot thank you guys enough. I will try and respond to you all when I have a minute later today. For now duty calls and I am off to pick up the boys...

And CD - omg! you have done him proud. This is truly wonderful. THANK YOU for the bottom of my heart!

I thought maybe I'd add one video to the mix: it was my all time favorite of Mannie and Nicholas:
    Lunch with the boys!
    [youtube]JXxDxxAv0sw[/youtube]

8. MrZ

MrZ Well-Known Member

Lovely, just lovely - Mannie's story, your words of remembrance, the bond you all shared, the life Mannie lived, your sentiments, the love you obviously all shared and the video created in honor of his life. So very lovely.

Mannie was so blessed to have lived such an incredible life thanks to you. You were so blessed to have had him enrich your life so.

Here's to the Nanner King!

9. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

(((Michelle)))

I watched CD's video with smiles and tears. I miss your boy (Bear Man's twin brother) so much. It is clear to me that you did everything right by Mannie, and that his bond with his family, especially his life-long bond with Nicholas, is evidence of that. He lived a wonderful life filled with love, and leaves behind so many friends who will always remember him. That is a life well-lived.

Thank you, CD, for this wonderful post and video.

10. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

I miss the Blue Mannie Group.
    I can't believe it's been a year.
    Mannie had a wonderful life. cat_pet_icon

11. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Michelle))) That is so beautiful, the memories and what a wonderful keepsake and gift with the video from CD. Tears and smiles, too, looking back at all the fond memories. It is hard to believe it's been a year. Those feelings of what could I have done better those last weeks I think must ring true with many of us, as I also felt the same. We love them so much, and they give us such joy and unconditional love that it's so hard to let them go. You were so in tune with Mannie and know you did everything possible to help. I love his Garden. I so remember all the plates of varieties of fuds just to get him to eat. And the nanners and parties and coffee deliveries are such happy and wonderful memories. I enjoyed seeing Nicholas again as a baby, and love the video with Mannie and Nicholas sharing breffifs together with animal crackers. :D Never to be forgotten, Mannie. Hugs, Michelle, and thanks for sharing.

12. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Dear Michelle,

Perhaps you are a jazz fan and know the slogan "Bird Lives" that used to crop up on walls, on flyers, on hats and t-shirts? (in reference to the great also saxophonist Charlie Parker). Well, I think we at FDMB can all say "MANNIE LIVES": he lives in our hearts, in our memories, in our relationships to one another. All we have to do is think of all the good times and Mannie's memory comes to the fore. I know he is continuing his magic from the Bridge. He has touched and continues to touch so many lives. Mannie, you are THE BEST! We celebrate your memory today and we know that you are indeed "hap-PY" and well and watching over your family.

Michelle, the "no tears" admonition didn't work here, either. What a beautiful tribute. Thank you and CD for the pictures and thank you so much for staying around LL. You are the BEST, too!!

Hugs, scritches, and scritches across the universe for Mannie,

Ella, Edward, Rusty

13. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

You did right by him. Mannie said so.

MJ

14. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

What a beautiful remembrance, Michelle and CD.
    I, too, am smiling through tears. Mannie touched my heart deeply.
    (((Michelle)))

♥MANNIE LIVES♥

15. Lauren & Tommy (GA)

Lauren & Tommy (GA) New Member

Really, a year has gone by since the great Nanner King left for his next great adventure? It does not seem like it. I too remember the wonderful Mannie stories. Mannie is the reason why there are 5 nanners scattered about this house. I thought if it was good enough for the king it was certainly good enough for my babies!
    Just as Sienne said, tears here as well, hard not to after reading that. I know in my heart that YOU DID RIGHT BY MANNIE!!! cat_pet_icon
    Absolutely beautiful tribute to the King, I hope that Tommy has found his way to him. Thank you for sharing this Michelle and CD :YMHUG:

16. Anne&Muffin (GA)

Anne&Muffin (GA) Well-Known Member

What a wonderful remembrance of dear sweet Mannie. Beautifully written, Michelle, and a beautiful and loving video CD. You can feel the love in every word and photo. Tears streaming here too.

I have to share a story with you Michelle. I logged on FDMB last night before going to bed, and it was only then that I learned of Shadow crossing the bridge. I went to the gratefullness candle site and lit a candle for Shadow, and one for Muffin, asking her to help Shadow find his way and to please come and visit me soon. Last night I had this long and involved dream that seemed to go on all night long. Muffin was in it. She has come to visit me several times in my dreams, always appearing in the same spot. Last night I was able to figure out where this spot is. She appears outside the hospital I used to work at, always next to a car. I have wondered in the past why she's always next to a car. It dawned on me this morning that maybe it's Mannie's car...maybe he's still driving her around, the way he used to pick her up "inna winnow" for every single party. As soon as I got to the computer, I logged on FDMB, which is not usually my first thing to do, and I see this beautiful post. So I am now convinced that it IS Mannie bringing her to visit me each and every time.

So thank you Mannie, for continuing to be such a wonderful friend to my Muffin. I think of you often, and I miss you. It does bring me comfort to know that the two of you are together, along with all our other friends. Michelle, Mannie truly WAS larger than life.

17. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

No Tears didn't work here either! I think you and mannie made LL so much more than a place to just get FD advice. You bound us into a family, who support each other as well as our kittehs! And yes, MANNIE LIVES!

[​IMG]

18. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I must admit to a little trickle coming out of my eye. This was a most beautiful video and condo today. Thank you CD and Michelle. Michelle/Mannie are so much a part of my memories of FDMB. When I was a frightened newbie here, you taught me that you can have a life and a diabetic cat at the same time. Nanners now rule here too. :cool: And I can't see a flat blue cycle without hearing the sounds of the BMG. After late nights of testing, the words "where's Mannie? :coffee: " still come to me.

Today the forecasters were calling for a rainy day, but I awoke to Mannie sunshine. :D Definitely a sign.

19. Tena and Curry(GA)

Tena and Curry(GA) Well-Known Member

Oh that was such a beautiful video CD. And Michelle, its hard to believe that Mannie hasn't been physicially with us for a whole year. But, boy howdy, does this fella live on.....In your heart, in Nicolas's heart, in all of our hearts here in LL. Your tribute was just poetic....and, yes, you did right by Mannie!!! He was so blessed to have such a caring and loving Mom. Thank you for sharing this day with us and thank you for sharing Mannie with us.

Lots of love and hugs for you today Michelle

tena, curry(ga), sidney and zeke

20. Shelly & Jersey (GA)

Shelly & Jersey (GA) Well-Known Member

Michelle,

This is an exceptional tribute to an exceptional kitty. I did not know Mannie, but today, you made me feel like I did. I am so sorry he is gone from the physical world, but it is evident that his spirit remains.

:YMHUG:
    Shelly

21. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Michelle))),

I read this, this morning, and decided to reply, when I wasn't crying. I know you said "no tears", but like others, couldn't make it through the post with dry eyes.
    This time, I'm smiling. What a joy, Mannie was to 'know'. I too, have 'nanners scattered about, because of Mannie :D
    I still love the video of him and Nicholas, with Mannie reaching out, to draw the treat closer :lol:

Oh Michelle, never doubt that you did right by Mannie. You were a fantastic mamabean to him. He was a lucky boy indeed, to have been part of your family.

Thank you, CD, for posting the beautiful tribute video.

Barb

22. Cleo & Jane (GA)

Cleo & Jane (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh, Michelle, what a wonderful tribute. Many tears here. You were a wonderful mamabean. I think we always question if we did enough or too much. But, you knew your boy. I love the Nicholas/Mannie video, just adorable. :YMHUG: cat_pet_icon

23. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

just beautiful, michelle and CD. we loved our Nanner King!

24. mariko

mariko Well-Known Member

Michelle,
    Such a beautiful remembrance and video.
    Even though I didn't know Mannie before he crossed (and I wish I did), your beautiful words made my eyes water too.
    And loved the video of Mannie and Nicholas sharing their snack too.
    Thank you for sharing. :YMHUG:

25. ecurie

ecurie Well-Known Member

Dear Michelle, I send you a huge long hug. This day could not pass without some tears. Beloved Mannie, you are dearly loved and sorely missed. There are also so very many smiles and giggles for all the love and fun you dragged us all into. Ripples of fun always flowed out from you. Thank you for every minute.
    Those squinty eyes that missed nothing, the caring for Nicholas, the love that will forever enfold your partner Michelle. I thank you for including us in your life and love and fun. I smile when I think of you. One kitteh, touching so many, bringing smiles to all.
    What a beautiful video and tribute to a wonderful soul.
    Xoxo mary and ollie

26. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Michelle, that is a wonderful tribute to your special kitty. I also had tears in my eyes as I read it. I have many wonderful memories of Mannie too. Thank you for sharing him with us. :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

CD did a great job with the video.

27. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

:D I so need to thank all of you! I do. I hope those simple words will do for now, until I can write more. It has been such a long day for he boys and I, and I exhaustion rules supreme. Please accept my THANK YOU ALL until tomorrow when i will write more. I have read all the posts and can go to be tonight with a smile on my face, happiness in my heart. Mannie, my guardian angel, watched over Nicholas and I tonight. What a kind gentle soul he is....

Thank you my LL family, thank you Mannie. More tomorrow.....

28. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

((((Michelle))))

Wow...I cannot believe it has been a year. Where did it go and how did we all get through it without Mannie? Your amazing, poignant memorial brought back so many incredible FDMB memories. There never was another kitty like Mannie and there never will be and he was so real to all of us through your stories.

Mannies condo was the place to be in LL. All new members flocked there for a laugh and happy moments during a very stressful time. Mike and I were among those new members who couldn't wait for our Mannie "fix".

As others have said, you did it right. You know why? Because you had this incredible bond with Mannie and you listened to him. You followed his lead ....you let him fly free when he was ready.

Thank you for sharing Mannie with us. It seems like such a small thing when I write it, but it was huge.

Carolyn....another gift from your heart that you share with us all and allow us to smile, cry, cry more, and laugh.

29. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Michelle:

As usual, I am late to the party. CD does wonderful videos. Mannie was such a handsome cat. I can see why everyone loved him. Sorry, I cried, too.

Hugs. :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

30. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Morning and Happy Caturay everyone. I wanted to take a moment and thank you all for taking the time yesterday, and today, to remember Mannie. It is ever so appreciated. What a treat to be able to relive so many wonderful things. Thanks everyone for bringing him back to life, even if for just one day. It made yesterday such a wonderful day for all of us that knew Mannie. Hugs to everyone.

Anne and Liz - I love that picture. I so agree: Nicholas! and it has done just that. He still remember shim. How cool is that? And thank you! His garden is just starting to grow, things are sprouting. I am very happy that it survived the winter! It got a "spruce-me-up" yesterday. :cool:
    Amy - Thank you so much... You were such a help to me when I was beginning to learn to deal with the BP aspect of his illnesses. I shall always remember that. It was an honor for me to be able to share him with all of you!
    Dyana - The video was wonderful. Cd's work is always so awesome. I am honored to have her remember him, she captured everything that was Mannie.
    Rachel - Tears are part of the process, aren't they? I hope yours will subside soon... it does take a while. Soon though they will be replaced by smiles form all the memories you have. I so remember the day that that photo hit LL. What a moment it was. Mannie did indeed feel ALL the nanners were his personal property! What an awesome memory.
    Sienne - I could not agree more on what you wrote- it is a privilege to ab able to care for out FD kitties. What teachers they truly are! They are indeed more than just cats. Companions says it well.
    Laura - Thank you! I do feel blessed to ave been allowed to care for me. Such a great one he was. I agree: Here's to the Nanner King!
    Linda - I know.... me too... smiles and tears. I so hope I did , do right. I think so, but one always wonders... It's nice to hear people think i did OK. Ya know, I think of BearMan all the time. It to this day is/was so uncanny how alike they were. TWINS!
    Rhiannon - oh yes!!! Every time I see a kitty with a blue surf, a Mannie specialty I think of him and the BMG. What fun that was. :D
    Ann - Many thanks to you! I know you felt the same too. When they have so many illnesses it is so difficult to know for sure if you've done your best. All we can do is listen to what they tell us, act upon that. I KNOW you did well by Maggie. LOL: YES (!!!) on all. those. cans. ;-)
    Ella - I love the reference. Thank you for all you write ether. I think he does too. I to think of the LL good times, ad remember him. So many things.... Great stuff, isn't it?
    MJ - That is one of my fav photos!! Many thanks for posting it.
    Josie - Thank you - couldn't agree more!
    Lauren - NANNERS RULE! Nannie said so... I am glad they are well loved at your house too. Thanks you on the rest. It is good to read. I have no doubt that Tommy is frolicking with the gang. Mannie would have watched for him!
    Anne - OMG on your story. WOW! I have no doubt that Mannie was bringing Muffin to visit you.... there is no other answer.... "inna window" - i do remember that. All those trips to parites in Mannie's Roadster. THX too, Larger than life, how cool is that?
    Ann - I so remember that image - from Mannie week in NYC. It touched me then, it still does now. What great memories it all brings back. Thanks for being there for us.
    Wendy - Thanks so much, what an honor for Mannie and I. I still believe it to this day, and hope the newbies can learn it too. You can have a life and a diabetic kitty at the same time. Accept what is, listen to your kitty, and anything can be. One just has to believe. I LOVE the thought: Mannie sunshine!!!!
    Tena - Thank you. You have been such a wonderful supporter throughout Mannie and my journey. I cannot thank you borough for just being there. It is nice today to read that I did ok...
    Shelly - Many thanks! I am so glad that the opportunity was there for you yo get to now a little of Mannie. very cool!
    Barb - You too are one of those people that have been there with us, and for us, from the beginning. For that alone I thank you! YAY! Another nanner convert! love that aspect... it is truly great. That video is my fav, always will be. It just screams forever buddies.
    Jane - Many thanks! I know... it is our nature to question and wonder, hope we get the answer. I just listened to him, it was the only way. Thx on that video - my fav!
    Julie - Many many thanks! CD is amazing!
    Mariko - I am glad that you too got the opportunity to know Mannie. That is wonderful. Thank you on the video. Those two really were inseparable.
    Mary - How AWESOME to hear from you. I hope all is well with Ollie! Ollie... Mannie's partner in crime, Elsa's partner in crime.... Good stuff! ah yes... those squinty eyes! A Mannie trademark! Thanks too - remembering you and Ollie brings a smile to my face too.
    Carla - Many thnaks, and you are welcome. Love the memories. such a great thing memories.
    Marje - Thank you. They were good time weren't they? I still remember Mannie and the gang rescuing the catnip patch at Gracie's. I hope the condos did just that: relieve the stress of FD. Thanks on the rest. It truly is nice to read that folks think I did OK. One just has to listen to our furkids...
    Tricia - no worries.... Mannie's parties often went on and on and on.... ;-) Many thanks on Mannie - he was unique. What a fun guy he was - in LL, and in real life. I miss his fluffy little pom pom of a tail.

CD: a forever THANK YOU! I am speechless.... the video was more than I could have ever hoped for. What a wonderful way to spend some time remembering the Nanner King. Thank you again from the bottom of my heart.

31. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

wowww- I did not have the privilege of knowing of Manny but I am sitting here sobbing as I can feel your heart connection and deep love for sweet Manny.
    Just beautiful...

32. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Wow! What a beautiful tribute. I don't know how I never managed to get to know Mannie as I've been here two ;years but I guess I wasn't visiting as much my first year. My loss. :bighug::bighug:

33. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

Aw, Manny, I remember you. What a great big hole you've left in your bean's heart.

Michelle, a lovely tribute. I hope everyone's good wishes have made the anniversary a little easier.

34. Paula

Paula Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug:Michelle, such a wonderful and loving tribute to Mannie. he was so blessed to have you and you were so blessed to have him. Such a beautiful bond which will remain in your heart forever. Mannie will never be forgotten. May he rest in peace.

35. suki & crystal (GA)

suki & crystal (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Michelle))) A wonderfully eloquent tribute to a L&LL legend. Mannie lives on in all our hearts forever :bighug:. The no tears rule didn't work here either.

36. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

How wonderful to log in here today and find posts to Mannie's 1 year at the bridge condo. That warmed my heart. @jayla , @tiffmaxee , @Lydia & Rosie AKA &Basil , @Paula , and @suki & crystal . THANK YOU guys for your posts! :):bighug: Reading it all this morning really took me back, to this post in April of 2014 and to the days of Mannie, and his crossing in April 2013. What awesome memories they all are. You guys are all wonderful. Mannie was such a great kitty, I so miss all his antics!, and those things that made him unique. Thank you all for taking me back today. Just the best thing ever! :cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat:

37. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Perhaps it is a sign from Mannie. He and Gracie are plotting.....could be we sre soon to see signs from Gabby and Tess.

38. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

@Marje and Gracie Hi Marje! I LOVE that thought, a sign from Mannie. It could be. He knows how ill his daddy-bean is, it is his way of letting him know that he is there, with him, I really like that thought. I like to think too that He and Gracie are in the thick of all those plots they used to do, and will be joined by Tess, and Gabby too. And the others. This really takes me think about all the kitties that were the LL family way back then. Well done Mannie! Comfort when your beans needed it.

Marje and Gracie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.