Maury - Month 6

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Yong & Maury GA, Jun 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Any effects of bupe yet?

2. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Doesn't seem to? lol. He was a little more lovey on me when I went to check on him :cat:

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  3. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Hopefully it won't make him too loopy!

4. Kris & Teasel

Maury report, Yong?

5. Yong & Maury GA

No loopiness to report :cat:. Didn't seem to impact his BG like I've read Bupe can. Ate all his breakfast this morning, went through motions and he executed :). He seems like he feels a little better today. I hope we're heading in the right direction now! *paws crossed*

6. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

That's so good to hear!

7. Yong & Maury GA

8. Yong & Maury GA

For the record this Mack & Jack looks disgusting :p. I have a high tolerance for gross but when I opened the can, definitely had an "Ew" face like this:
    upload_2017-6-21_12-22-40.png

9. Djamila

LOL...that flavor wasn't real popular with me either. Sam ate it, Atticus ran from the room.

Yong & Maury GA likes this.
  10. Yong & Maury GA

11. Kris & Teasel

We want status reports, Yong! I worry when I don't see anything ...
    What makes it such a horror to behold? Too many recognizable bits? :eek:

12. Yong & Maury GA

Oh status report on the green? Vet called to confirm the Cerenia is the right one and said if I have issues cutting it into 1/4 pieces I can do 1/2 tablet. Also, asking how Maury was (I'm so glad I found them :smuggrin:) Luckily I had tested his +5 with AT2 too so told her his nadir ish for today :)

I think it's because it looks like chopped up fish sneezed on by Slimer from ghost busters :p

Didn't even flinch much for the green so didn't want to get everyone all excited :D

Djamila and Kris & Teasel like this.
  13. Kris & Teasel

Yeah, there's something to be said for processing food to the point where it's bland-looking and homogeneous ... o_O
    I'm glad the vet got back to you about the Cerenia and said you could give a 1/2 tab if it's easier. Sounds like you found a clinic that does things the right way! :smuggrin: I like my clinic a lot too. Teasel's brother was there for his annual checkup yesterday and they covered his carrier right away with a blankie that was sprayed with Feliway so he'd feel safer/calmer in the waiting room. Nice!

14. Yong & Maury GA

I have a few dollars left on credit from my "Aunt" who had a sugar boy so might see if they sell Feliway spray and buy it there to use the credit and be done with that clinic:)

It's not as processed looking as pate, it's just the transparent gel stuff that looks like fish slime that it's covered in :p I did mention to her I'm probably going to try and switch him to FF purely naturals because the Friskies and FF pates are high in fat! She even said sometimes to make it more appetizing they throw extra fat in, which as I've been reading, is not good for avoiding pancreatitis. If I need to get Friskies, I'll probably go back to MC because they might have a few extra carb % but they actually have less fat :woot:. Maury will be happier about that too :cat:. Time to call any extra people who owe me money :D.
    Me: "Hi remember when I loaned you $20? I need that back now."
    Friend: "For you to eat?"
    Me: "No, my cat's food."
    Friend: "What about you?"
    Me: "I'm fine eating once a day, my cat needs his 4 meals" :D:D:D

Keep telling myself, if I spend a little extra on food and what not for every day, it's less expensive than Vet visits or an ER stay :smuggrin:

Sharon14 and Kris & Teasel like this.
  15. Yong & Maury GA

Practice Lantus lingo: Maury is hanging in the lagoon :D
    Hearing Maury in litter box made me remember I forgot to tell everyone we had a formed Poo this morning or from overnight :woot:

Sharon14, Djamila and Kris & Teasel like this.
  16. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

I'm so glad to hear that Maury ate and seems to be feeling better!!!!

17. Yong & Maury GA

Back to not eating wet food tonight :(. Put two kinds down, will leave them there for a little bit to see if he changes his mind. Ate most of his YA.

18. Djamila

At least he's eating something! Hopefully he'll come get some wet food in a little bit.

19. Kris & Teasel

Cerenia? Appy stim?

20. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Glad he ate something. Sounds like he needs some meds?

21. Yong & Maury GA

Gave him Cerenia, he did not enjoy that experience. Mirtazapine says every other day so he can't have it again until tomorrow night. Him not eating wet food is creating tension between me and my Mum though :(

22. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Oh no! Why is it creating tension?

23. Yong & Maury GA

She keeps repeating to me that maybe he just doesn't want it. I hear her but because it's not his normal so it still concerns me. I think I will make a drive over there and pick up a small treat for her. Will cost more in gas but she is like my best friend and I hate when I upset her. :( She's dealing with a lot from my sister's side too.

24. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Aw, Yong, I'm sorry. I know, my BF gets kind of upset with me too when I worry over my kitties...he says that they will do what they want and they'll be fine. It's hard because they are just trying to be logical and point out that maybe we're overreacting...but we know that sometimes we aren't actually overreacting. It's hard...know that you can always vent here or come worry here! We're with you. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Sharon14, Yong & Maury GA and Djamila like this.
  25. Yong & Maury GA

Mum and I are good now :). Didn't look like Maury touched any wet food :(. Replaced 1 flavour so he still has 2 options tonight. Will give Bupe tomorrow morning and Cerenia and Mirtazapine in the evening.

Sharon14 and Rachel like this.
  26. Djamila

Glad you and your mum were able to patch things up! Now if only Maury would get back to his usual appetite!

27. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Come on Maury...eat a bit for your mama!

28. Yong & Maury GA

Still not interested in wet food this morning :(. Gave him Bupe. He's laying turkey like with front paws tucked in but is lovey when I give him scritches. At least his numbers are good (antijinx)

29. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Will he still eat YA? As long as he's eating...you just gotta dose around it. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

30. Yong & Maury GA

Actually the conservative dosing with just eating YA has been working out, or it's just because he likes this weird doses, or BOTH! :confused: I just like to get the extra moisture in him.

31. Kris & Teasel

He might not like it but you could try syringing warmish water into him a few times a day.

32. Yong & Maury GA

I'll be stressing him out when I do that for his meds tonight :oops:. Think it's part of the reason he went up by before bed test. The only medication I haven't picked up for him is Pepcid, guess I should try that.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  33. Kris & Teasel

How is he acting? Is there another MC food he likes that might jump start him? LC with ground up YA on top?

34. Yong & Maury GA

He's laying around like usual but has a look on his face like "Mum, why do I still feel off?" Put a few pieces of YA in his wet food this morning and got another look of "why did you put my yummy food in that wet stuff?":rolleyes: Going to see if he's interested in playing at all :)

35. Djamila

I'm with Kris and Rachel on this. I'd say to just feed him whatever he wants for a little while until he feels better. Once he's back to normal you can work on getting his diet straightened out. Kind of like when we aren't feeling well we eat chicken soup or Popsicles, or whatever we need, then once we're better we get back to normal foods. He's in good numbers (antijinx) right now anyway, so it looks like you may have some wiggle room.

36. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Just catching up a bit and I am so sorry to hear that Maury isn't eating well for you. What does the vet think it wrong with him? ( I only went back to post 101) I agree with Djamila on feeding whatever it takes to get him to eat. When Bubba had his tooth ache I could get him to eat baby food. Beechnut has no corn starch in it so I gave him that brand.

Here is a list of things that Jill and Alex put together for feeding suggestions for kitties not eating.

-sometimes in order to get a cat to eat you even have to resort to dry it is more important that they eat. there are a couple low carb / grain free brands -- EVO and wellness core. * I have added Young Again Zero Carb

-making a buffet to give him choices
    sprinkle food with :
    - forta flora -- a probiotic you can get at vets or online. is very smelly and cats love the taste of it.
    - heating food

- parm. cheese
    - smashed crumbles of dry food
    - bonito tuna flakes
    - halo chicken treats -- crumble into dust over food
    - pour a little water from tuna in water over food ( I use low sodium/no sodium added as other kinds in water has veg. broth in it and I assume that means onions, which are toxic to cats-- check labels)
    -powdered oregano. yep sounds weird . but some cats like it and it will entice them to eat.

other ideas of foods to offer your kitty to stim appy:
    - trader joe tuna for cats
    -baby food -- beechnut turkey and broth or chicken and broth. they have no onions or other additives. some babyfoods have onions . please read labels if you can't find beechnut.
    - kentucky fried chicken
    - deli turkey /chicken
    - plain cooked ( boiled or baked ) chicken breast
    -canned chicken for people (watch the label that their are no onions)
    - chicken broth -- low sodium

Hope he gets his appy back ASAP BTW, Yong are you British? Flavour and Mum

37. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Could try giving him some tuna water maybe as a treat? My cats love that and would lap it up on it's own...just to get some moisture in him.

Bobbie, Maury has pancreatitis.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  38. Yong & Maury GA

lol I was wondering if anyone would ask me about that :smuggrin:. Nope not British, favourite musique group was Australian (same spellings) so I started using a lot of the non-American spellings a long time ago :)

Thank you for checking in :bighug:, Maury has been to the Vet on Monday and his SnapFPL came back abnormal so that was yes for Pancreatitis. Great new Vet and I were thinking we caught it early enough, as the first diarrhea was overnight Friday or Saturday morning before I woke. Friday night was first night he was not optimistic about wet food. I've given him a couple options and he still looks at me like, "I'm not eating that" :confused: but he is still eating his YAZ dry. I read a post from Wendy & Neko (I think) about forti flora not being a good idea for pancreatitis. I've tried a few of the other tricks and he just watches me add things to his wet food :facepalm:.

39. Yong & Maury GA

I was thinking of trying this for his med chaser but I think I should do it as a treat now so he's not associating it with meds and hopefully get some extra fluid in him, like you said :)

40. Kris & Teasel

See, I didn't catch those non-American spellings. They look normal to Canadian me. ;)

MiCo and Yong & Maury GA like this.
  41. Bobbie And Bubba

I think you might be right about that. I sure hope he feels better ASAP!

ETA: And YA was one of the things I could get Bubba to eat when he was off his feed.

42. Yong & Maury GA

Update: Maury did not enjoy getting his meds and did the usual try to foam them out :facepalm:. I think I managed to get the water syringe to make him swallow most before he tried that act. Gave MC wet food and he ate it! Along with most of his YA :D. Made a piece of chicken for me and he wanted some of that :smuggrin: He also wanted the butter from my corn on the cob lol. He only got to lick the drop that got on my finger a tiny bit. Now, just to keep this momentum!

43. Kris & Teasel

Foaming at the mouth aside, these are good signs!

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  44. Djamila

Hooray! Keep it up, Maury!

45. Yong & Maury GA

He does it when I try to give him Benedryl, at least it's not pink :p

Rachel, Kris & Teasel and Djamila like this.
  46. Djamila

Eeew!!! :eek::p:p

47. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Pink foam from Benadryl?!?!?!? :stop:

48. Yong & Maury GA

The pill is pink :p

49. Yong & Maury GA

Another good feasting for Maury! Stuck with MC for breakfast (ate all) and he ate most of his YA, went back to finish it when I was walking out the door. Put some Sheba out for him and he took a couple bites. Told him he didn't have to eat it right now but it was for a little later :cat:. Not a bad number after his NS last night :) *paws crossed* he is getting over his bout of pancreatitis!

Sharon14, Djamila and Rachel like this.
  50. Kris & Teasel

Hurray!!! :D:D:D

51. Teresa & Buddy

Teresa & Buddy Well-Known Member

You do need to cut the cerenia in 1/4, and if he still is nauseous later (like several hrs. later) you can give another 1/4. Be sure to give him his pain meds, he probably is in pain. Does he act painful when you touch him on his right side or back, how much throwing up and loose bowels. I have found a pancky kitty will go to dry food instead of wet, be careful with the wet food, you do not want him to get food aversion. Buddy loved canned food until he started have problems with pancreatitis, then he got food aversion eating Friskies canned food, that is why I have a lot of problems getting him to eat canned food. Try to make sure he has plenty of fresh water, most kitty's with pancreatitis will not drink water because it hurts them. Make sure you give him all his meds and when he starts to feel better only take away one med at a time so that you do not throw him right back into pancreatitis. I hope I have not caused you any more concerns than you already have with Maury. Remember Kitty's are masters of disguise when they are in pain and pancreatitis is very painful.

52. Teresa & Buddy

I saw your post on Buddy's page, guess I should have read yours, I did not realize he was doing better. Which is GREAT!!!!!!!!

53. Yong & Maury GA

That's ok! :) Thank you for responding :bighug:. Glad to know a pancky kitty will go for dry food, any idea why? He will get Cerenia again tonight but Mirtazapine is every other day. Only given Bupe twice. They said give every 12 hours until gone but I know it's an opioid so I have spread it out a little more, plus I think I got 5 syringes filled. Will probably give him some tonight too. If you have a moment, would you mind reading his thread? I'd like to know if you think we caught it early too. Oh I also wanted to still have some Bupe over the weekend because his new Vet is closed on Sundays. Will be home to check on him in a little over an hour :cat:

54. Teresa & Buddy

The smell of the canned food makes them nauseous and the dry food does not smell as much. When you give the appetite stimulant be careful, sometimes kitty will eat what you give them and then throw up and that is how you get a food aversion. I did read this thread after I made the 1st post, he sounds like he is eating on his own which is good. It does not sound like this has went on for a long time, just continue to give him his meds. You can give the Bupe in small amounts, just try to turn the bottom of the syringe while in his mouth and he should receive some Bupe. You can do this several times, that way he does not get it all at one time.

The vet you took him to see did good, I took Buddy to 2 different vets and neither 1 knew what was wrong with him. This went on for a while with him not wanting to eat and not feeling good. One night I saw him throwing up and trying to hide, I called for him and he came out then he got in the litter box hunched over to poo and nothing came out but liquid. The vet that I knew that was very good but expensive I called. This was like 9:00P.M. one evening I took him in and they hospitalized him for 3 days. Your vet did good by catching this right off.
    It sounds like a very good vet caught Maury's pancreatitis right off, without fooling around. If I know anything that would help you and Maury I would be glad to help you.

55. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Ah, now that makes a lot of sense! Glad you were here to shed some light on this for Yong. It's so tough when our kitties don't feel well!

56. Teresa & Buddy

I know how worried I get about mine and I am sure everyone else does the same thing.

57. Yong & Maury GA

Indeed! I appreciate your insight, Teresa! :bighug:
    Maury had 1 bad diarrhea and I think the next day a tiny bit of vomit (maybe a little bigger than half dollar). Sunday, he still qualified as diarrhea but not like the first night. By Vet visit Monday he stress poo'd and tech told me it was slightly formed but soft. Glad no one minds poo talk :smuggrin:.

Update tonight: He wasn't interested in wet food again :facepalm:, ate half of his YA so I was originally going to do 1.1U but after that, backed down to 1.0U. Definitely feels like 1 step forward and 2 steps back :(. Didn't see post before giving bupe tonight so he got another full dose of 0.4ml. I will do that with the remaining doses to get us through the weekend. Did a little better getting Cerenia tonight. Definitely a time I wish he could talk and tell me how he feels.

Thank you ladies for your continued support :bighug::bighug::bighug:

58. Teresa & Buddy

When you pill Maury do use a pill pusher or how do you get him to take a pill. Do you have a syringe that you can put water in and when you give him the pill, give him water from the syringe. Would you not hate to take a pill with no water. He should have a good night tonight since he got a full dose of bupe, it will make him feel better since it will help his pain and the cerenia will help his nausea.

59. Yong & Maury GA

The pill is too tiny for the pill gun I got :facepalm: so I open his mouth, drop it on the back of his tongue, close his mouth for a second, then syringe water slowly to make him swallow. Just like I take pills :). I haven't seen any normal signs of giving him Bupe so I have on idea if it's working. Was told to slowly syringe (needle-less) it onto his gums.

Teresa & Buddy likes this.
  60. Teresa & Buddy

Sounds like your doing GREAT. I am sure the Bupe is working.

61. Yong & Maury GA

Only med I haven't given is Pepcid, do you use that for Buddy? Any idea how long one of these bouts can last? I'll be getting him some lower fat foods tomorrow and obviously still low carb, to try and keep this from happening again. Probably getting some more MC because they are lower fat too :facepalm:

62. ShipsCat

ShipsCat Member

I'm so sorry Maury is feeling poorly! But it looks like you're making progress. Sending good thoughts!

63. Yong & Maury GA

Thanks Kimi, Hermione looks amazing! Half way through your trial! *paws crossed* :woot:

64. Kris & Teasel

Kimi!!! I can't believe that Hermione, Queen of Bouncing, is in an OTJ trial! :eek::D

65. Yong & Maury GA

This morning: Maury not eating wet food. Ate his YA so went with smaller dose again. Pretty sure Bupe makes him more lovey :smuggrin:. Good poo overnight/early morning.

66. Djamila

What Theresa said about the wet food and avoiding food aversion made a lot of sense. At least he's eating the YA! I hope he feels better soon -- it's funny how much we can worry about a cat that isn't even our own! Hugs to you both! Maybe I should try some Bupe with Sam ;) A lovey side effect sounds like a good thing!

67. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Poor little guy...and poor you! Hopefully the meds are helping. And I am grateful he's eating something!

68. Teresa & Buddy

I do use Pepcid, but make sure it is the original strength and 10mg. You can never tell, sometimes just a few days and sometimes longer. The only thing that you can do is try to control his pain (he does have pain), give him the cerenia for nausea, when giving the cerenia give him some extra water in the syringe, sometimes they get dehydrated (which by itself can make you feel pretty bad) and need to be taken in for fluids. The jury is still out about the high fat foods, some say it causes problems, some say it does not. I know people who have had pancreatitis and it did not matter what they ate they still got pancreatitis. The main thing is keep him eating, what ever it is. If a cat goes for two days without eating they can get really sick. If he gets to the point he will not eat, you can syringe feed him, just take some of his canned food and put in a blender with a little water until it is thin enough to go through the syringe. I have done this many times to make sure Buddy had food, it is time consuming, but a must do if they are not eating enough.

69. Yong & Maury GA

He is very good at hiding pain then :(. I did give him half Bupe syringe this morning and will give the other half tonight per your suggestion :). I am watching his hydration: checking gums, snap test skin. He is still eating his YA. Angela suggested trying Slippery Elm Bark.

70. Teresa & Buddy

A lot of people use Slippery Elm Bark or Marshmallow Root, I have not used a lot of the supplements with Buddy. I do use a few with my FIV+ Kitty, because about all you can use for them are supplements.

When Buddy spent his 1St 3 days hospitalized with Pancreatitis, I joined a Yahoo group Feline Pancreatitis. It is a lot like FDMB, people who have dealt with pancreatitis with their kitty's who have really helpful info. I sometimes go through their post and read them, it has been a very long time since I have made a post, but I think it could be very helpful for you to read their post and ask questions that pertain to Maury. I hope he is starting to perk up, please make sure he is getting enough food or syringe feed him. You can try a small amount of food at first then work your way up to more. This is very very important that he have enough food.

71. Yong & Maury GA

He is eating all of his YA. Friend just took me to the store, so I got him some new foods / flavours and a couple MC Friskies that he liked. Hopefully, he'll be interested in something wet tonight :)

Rachel and Kris & Teasel like this.
  72. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

73. Bobbie And Bubba

I do and I am scared to put this in writing but since we started on it, there has not been another GI issue for him upload_2017-6-24_17-47-26.png

74. Yong & Maury GA

Update: Maury ate all his wet food and asked for a little more :cat:. I think giving the meds an hour before PMPS let them activate some AND I don't think he likes pumpkin. I essentially bought two brands, same flavour :facepalm:. Don't want to overload him on supplements so I'll just be trying SEB first ;). He was singing the song of his people and purring :)

75. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

GREAT news!!!!

76. ShipsCat

ShipsCat Member

I'm so glad to hear Maury is feeling better! For the record I started Hermione on the Pet Alive Pancreas Booster 2 1/2 months ago. I'm not sure it has anything to do with her current progress - I think my more aggressive dosing is the real reason - but it is one thing I added.

77. Yong & Maury GA

Unfortunately the pinks are back but at least they are lower pink (antijinx). Hope this means he is feeling better :). Ate all breakfast and lunch. Now debating if I should just try Pet Alive Pancreas Booster first :confused::smuggrin:. Oh just noticed price :oops:, is less expensive on Amazon but will still have to wait. So SEB sample first! Challenge for this week: Seeing if his box schedule gets back on track with eating wet food stew to get a ketone test :cat:

78. Djamila

You'll get him back into good numbers once he's feeling better. It's so good to hear he's eating again!

79. Sharon14

80. Yong & Maury GA

Sharon14 likes this.
  81. Bobbie And Bubba

Yong, keep in mind that it is cheaper on Amazon but if you go to Pet Alive's website they always have buy 2 get 1 free. It's a good deal.

Yong & Maury GA and Rachel like this.
  82. Yong & Maury GA

Thanks Bobbie, I will keep that in mind :). The issue is I've been unemployed for a while, before Maury's diagnosis. We just spent about $400 on his Vet bill/meds last week and that was with a discount :(. My mum put it on her card so she got the discount. So I'll be giving her payments. Reaching out to DCIN is a last resort for me as I am probably more fortunate than others and keep reminding myself that someone else is doing worse, they need the help more. I can hold off on supplements for a little bit longer. His insulin, testing supplies, food , and my love are priority :cat:

Update: Maury ate all his wet food. Sticking with lower doses because I'm pretty sure stress from giving him his meds is influencing his PMPS, especially after last night's before bed test. But they are kicking in by the time his meal is given, so may be worth it. *paws crossed* he's getting over this pancreatitis.

83. Teresa & Buddy

Great News!

84. Yong & Maury GA

Maury took Cerenia very good tonight, not so much the 1/4 tablet of Pepcid. Foaming/drooling when he bit into it :(. Weird thing happened at +11.5, he looked like he was having a 2 second seizure :nailbiting:. First time I have ever seen it, hope it's not a bad sign of something else.

85. Sharon14

Scary! How is he now?

86. Yong & Maury GA

Acting like nothing happened.

Sharon14 likes this.
  87. Djamila

What did he do that looked like a seizure? That's scary...did you leave a message at the vet or see if that's a side effect of one of his meds?

88. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

What did the seizure like thing look like? How's he acted since then?

89. Kris & Teasel

Very strange. The only thing different recently is his panc episode and the meds. Does he have allergies? feline hyperesthesia?

90. Yong & Maury GA

Sorry was gone all day. Almost looked like if you get a chill and a quick shake but just his head. Acted fine. Only odd thing is what Kris said with his meds last night. Only allergy I'm aware of is the occasional sneezing fit in Spring, not so much in Fall. My mum was with him most of today to sign for his Lantus since I had to work. So he was only alone for about 4 hours total today. She said he was his sweet self and jumping on things :D. So I haven't reported it to the Vet, don't really know what to say. My thoughts is if it was a side effect of meds I would have seen it over the past week. Only one it could be is Pepcid but I'm probably never giving that to him again.

91. Kris & Teasel

If the Pepcid is so awful tasting, even a tiny amount left in his mouth might have caused a recoil-type head shake. Or maybe he was remembering how awful it was ... ;)

92. ShipsCat

ShipsCat Member

I'm glad he's feeling better but sorry about the weird head shake. Maybe it's what Kris said, just how terrible the Pepcid tasted.

93. Yong & Maury GA

Probably a bad memory like, ugh *shake real quick* what a horrid experience :smuggrin:

94. Teresa & Buddy

I'm glad he is doing better, now you will feel better.

95. Djamila

How's Maury doing? Is he all back to normal? Off meds?

96. Yong & Maury GA

Day 2 of no meds. I did notice he didn't like when my hand went over his right side, lightly. He flipped over, didn't have as big an issue with left side petting.:bookworm: :bookworm: images of pancreas location. Pancreas is more on right side :(. I only have 1 Bupe left. Now I remember why I didn't become a Vet. Requires a biology course and you disect a cat :blackeye::nailbiting::arghh:. Someone is sending me some Slipperly Elm Bark to try, should be here tomorrow. Need to crunch some numbers to figure out if I can get that supplement by PetAlive upload_2017-6-29_21-44-3.png .

97. Djamila

Any idea when you're going to start the Lantus?

98. Yong & Maury GA

Asked about it on Lantus forum, already didn't follow a rule :oops:. Probably this wekeend. You?

99. Djamila

I have no idea right now. I was planning to start this past Tuesday, but he was skipping all of his PM shots. Then the past two days he's back to needing enough that I think I could switch. Part of the dilemma is that I think the prozinc has to be pretty weak at this point. Which mean if I switch, I would want to start him on a lower dose. And it's hard to get much lower than 0.2u. It just seems risky to have a starting dose of 0.1 or Drop since those aren't super precise measurements. I'm hoping he makes it clear pretty soon if he's going to stick around for awhile longer or go on a honeymoon.

100. Djamila

I just found your Lantus thread. It's only a teeny rule you broke! I think we should start a new rule here that you have to add a link to your Lantus thread on your thread over here so we don't have to go searching for it. That applies to Kris and Steph too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.