Maverick - was on CNN tv (link)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Karrie and Maverick, Feb 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karrie and Maverick

Karrie and Maverick Well-Known Member

Maverick never got OTJ but you guys are family. I posted on facebook and wanted you guys to see him also.

What I posted on Facebook: Maverick made it onto CNN! Its a shame that its a spot on pet obesity but it was really cool to see his picture twice. I never expected it. *Heart tug* I did an ireport on weight loss in cats in response to their question about pet obesity. I wanted to warn people about how deadly weight loss can be for cats and almost losing Maverick to feline hepatic lipidosis. Cat weight loss has to be done very slowly (1-2% a week) and closely monitored to avoid liver failure. My big boy is the grey cat hanging out in the dog crate. I just noticed he is the thumbnail picture too :) I miss him so much.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/ireports/2012/02/06/irpt-levs-pet-obesity.cnn

Maverick's story is in my signature. I do my best to help cats avoid fighting FHL and to recover from it. If we can save one cat it will make what he went through worth it. Check out his talking video in the signature too :) Both my best friends are angels now. Wish I could trade a few humans to get them back darnit.

2. Tena and Curry(GA)

Tena and Curry(GA) Well-Known Member

My best buddy, Maverick, made it on TV. He' my hero. I think about him often. We miss ya Maverick. ~ curry

Karrie

What an awesome TV appearance. I can just hear Maverick talking up a storm...saying he's so proud of his mammabean.

Thank you for all you do here helping folks out and providing wonderful support.

You rock!

3. Anne&Muffin (GA)

Anne&Muffin (GA) Well-Known Member

Wow Karrie! How wonderful to see Maverick again - and on TV! Good for you writing the ireport. (((Karrie)))

4. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Wow, Karrie and hugs to you. That is so great to see Maverick on CNN. Maverick lives on and is helping others thru you telling his story. I can imagine the heart tug! I love that video of him talking.

5. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

What a wonderful way for handsome Maverick to help other kitties in need!!

6. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Karrie,
    How wonderful that Maverick was on CNN! I can imagine your emotions when seeing him and hearing him. What a handsome guy! And what a lucky guy to have lived with you.

I, too, want to thank you for all the valuable information you have given us on this forum. I have learned so much from your posts. Whenever I read a post and think, "gee, this is something that Karrie could help with", two seconds later, there you are!

Hugs to you, DH, and the crew. How are the kitties doing?

Ella & Rusty

7. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

I concur with what has already been said here - I couldn't agree more. You are indeed a valuable asset to all of us in LL. I know you were such a help to me when BJ became sick. It is so cool to see that Mav is helping others. What a wonderful legacy.

8. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

Maverick on CNN...simply wonderful!!!!
    I'm not at all embarrassed to say that the tears flowed anew upon seeing Marvelous Mav.

And so agreed, Karrie...you are an absolute treasure!

Sending you love and a big sloppy kiss from the Binkster!

9. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Saw your Baby!! Got tears in my eyes as well...Look he's famous now--Still around you, Helping others..
    Be proud !! Hugs & Love from us!

10. Lydia & Sid & Jake(GA)

Lydia & Sid & Jake(GA) Well-Known Member

Oh ((((Karrie)))) I so know what you mean about trading in some people to get much loved cats back.
    I loved seeing Maverick in that CNN clip :D
    You are doing a wonderful thing helping other cats in his memory. Your knowledge of FAF is invaluable.

11. Bo & Jake

Bo & Jake Well-Known Member

Thank You Karrie, For stop by at my condo yesterday and for very helpful advice.
    Now I'm gonna see Your handsome boy on CNN.
    YOu have a great day!

12. Karrie and Maverick

Karrie and Maverick Well-Known Member

I'm glad I had such awesome people to share him with. I am very lucky to be part of the LL family. You guys have refilled my heart to the top today. Thank you!!!!

13. terri1962

terri1962 Well-Known Member

Karrie

I never post on the Lantus board but read your post today about Maverick. I read his story and watched your video of him talking. What a beautiful cat he was. I too lost my cat Andy to FHL 11/17/2011 five days after I lost my diabetic cat Lilly. The vets could find no explanation as to why he started throwing up and stopped eating except that Lilly was gone. Lilly`s picture is my avatar.
    Andy was almost 14 years old and Lilly was almost 13. I miss both of them so much. Thanks for telling Mavericks story in hopes that it might save another cat from FHL.

Terri

14. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Thank you for sharing Maverick with us once again. You keep Maverick alive here with all the help you offer to others with sick kitties. Thank you for continuing to be here! :YMHUG:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.