? Max 8/4 edited AMPS 235, +4 143, +8 48. Second day of reductions?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Rebecca & Max (GA), Aug 4, 2020.

1. Rebecca & Max (GA)

Rebecca & Max (GA) Member

Yesterday

Max earned his reduction yesterday and I thought he might get another one this morning...until I, in a very sleepy state, grabbed the wrong Weruva pouch! Just yesterday I stocked up on some more pouches because Max has decided that he only wants to eat the Salmon cans out of the 12 pack box of FF I bought. No beef. No Chicken. No Turkey & Giblets. The seafood mix was my saving grace. Until now. Really, Max? :banghead:

Anyway, at 4:30 AM, he read 58 and I decided I wouldn't do anything but get up in an hour and retest him (not so scared of the high 50s now). I hadn't unpacked the pouches from the pet store, so I grabbed out the 'purple' pouch of Weruva Max hasn't had in a while (to give a new flavor)...but I inadvertently grabbed the purple pouch that was the MC for my hypo kit pouch!

I realized my mistake only after Max had almost eaten the entire spoonful! :facepalm: Whelp, I knew I could go back to sleep for at least a few solid hours and not worry about him getting too low. Perhaps my brain is just too tired from waking up every two hours lately to test Max (he's been doing a lot of surfing and getting in the green beans!!) and decided to sabotage Max's BG levels?:oops:

2. Rebecca & Max (GA)

Rebecca & Max (GA) Member

EVENING UPDATE-
    Max was a bit higher after his reduction which was not a concern. However, I believe he’s bouncing now as his +8 was much lower than his +4. He’s usually pretty stable with nadir around +6, so it was a bit unexpected to see him at 48 later in his cycle (bounce time). I fed a tiny amount of FF gravy and tested 30 min later. He was up to 65. Will see where he’s at for PMPS. With TR, once they drop below 50, it’s a dose reduction. But if the drop is due to a bounce, is it still a taken reduction? Or do I keep him at his newly reduced until the bounce clears?

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It's usually best to take reductions when they are earned, even if it's a bounce clearing cycle. I hope Max surfed safely last night.