Meatball 2/25 AMPS 469 PMPS 557

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Molly, Feb 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Molly

Molly Member

gave 3.5 u am and pm.

Playful, & eating really well. Just really high numbers...

2. Nancy and Cody

Nancy and Cody Well-Known Member

Molly how are the ketones?

I'm new with prozinc also, but its making me a little nervous how fast you are moving up, but I know you are worried about ketones. If you don't see any, could you hold 3.5u through the weekend and do a full curve Saturday or Sunday, so we can see a lot of data for 1 whole cycle of 12 hrs (take a look at my ss for today) (but don't look at my dose- he's got acromegaly!) without those middle numbers it hard to know whats really going on. ;-)

3. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

I know I pushed for moving fast because of the ketones. If they are still gone, I'd say moving slower now is good! Those high PSs make me nervous, since they were lower before. I see last night you got about a 50% drop by +4, so it may be going a little steep coming off a higher PS (nice to see the response to the insulin though!!!).

I definitely agree about not raising further at this point til you can see the nadir, and get a little more data (barring some other factor like ketones). I'm almost wondering if maybe you should try 3.25u, but I'm hesistant to actually recommend you lower the dose when last night is the first cycle I've seen lately that looks to have a good response. I'm hoping you may find that holding the dose somewhere around here - at least 3.0 and no more than 3.5 - shows some improvement. Not sure though, so I will tune in tomorrow for the update & to see what others say. Happy to see that yellow # though, it's a start!!!

4. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

Molly, can you add into your SS when you first got NO keytones? and when you started the LRS? If you start or D/C a med make sure to add at least that to your SS.

5. Molly

Molly Member

Sure can ... i'll work on that tonight. What's LRS?? Thanks!

6. Nancy and Cody

Nancy and Cody Well-Known Member

Lactated Ringers solution which is the IV fluid many use. Also, you may get simple saline solution(NaCl) which doesn't have other electrolytes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.