Meatball 2/26 AMPS 392 PMPS 537

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Molly, Feb 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Molly

Molly Member

Happy Friday!

Well Meatball seems to be feeling well again today. His appetite is just crazy. To answer the question from yesterday's post about ketones, there have been none since last Saturday evening. I last tested for them last night. He has been on the fluids since last Friday night.

I talked to the vet today, and Meatball has been cleared of the possibility of having an infection.
    I'm going to try to get a bunch of readings this weekend... won't be able to do a complete curve tomorro b/c i have to work tomo evening, but will also test as much as i can on sunday.

2. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

Hey Molly,
    How did the vet determine no infections?

Thanks for adding the no keytones to your SS. That helped me a bit at least.

3. Molly

Molly Member

she did a urine culture. I guess i should say he does not have any infection left over from the UTI he had last summer.

just tested BG ... +4 256

4. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

Good to hear no UTI.
    The teeth/gums is another common area they can have "infection" going on. I'm not saying this is what's is going on but that it does happen. Even inflammation in the teeth/gums can cause the BGs trouble. Something to potentially keep in mind as you move forward. Hopefully with some mid-cycle testing you can make some dosing changes that will have an effect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.