Meatball 3/13 AMPS 194

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Molly, Mar 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Molly

Molly Member

Hope you all had a good week! Meatball did ... he's been acting happy and energetic for about 10 days now, even though his numbers don't necessarily reflect that. He is still very hungry in the few hours before the 8's when he gets to eat. You will see in my SS that Meatball had a little snack of ravioli one day, which threw his numbers off for a few days. No problems with ketones. I feel like I had some luck with decreasing the dose to 3.8, and lowered it again to 3.6. I can't really tell if there is much of a difference between the 3.8 and the 3.6. I look forward to trying a little bit of the R insulin, which I will get at the beginning of March.

2. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Glad to see that Meatball is being true to his Italian roots with his snack choices. ;)

3. Terri and Lucy

Terri and Lucy Member

A 194 preshot is very nice, but also a bit unusual for Meatball. Generally, when you get a reading that is out of the norm, you want to repeat it just to verify that it's a good value. Also, when you do get a surprise preshot and you've confirmed it, it's good to keep testing every 30 minutes to see if the numbers are still dropping and/or to confirm how much overlap you're getting.

4. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Molly, did you find someone to advise you on how to use the R? Just want to be sure you know how to use it in conjunction with the PZI so that you don't get into any dangerous situations (like both peaking at the same time, rather than timing the R to peak when the PZI is weakest, or whatever people do - I don't really know!!!) I would think shooting PZI more often than 12/12 might be just as easy as working R into the equation....?

5. Molly

Molly Member

Not yet, but I'm not going to get it until the beginning of next month, I will definitely be asking some questions when the time comes!

I did repeat, it was really that low!

I really cannot shoot more often during the week, b/c I'm at work during the day. maybe i should try shooting the prozinc 3x/day next weekend, just to see if that has some effect? or does to take a few days for the effect of doing that to show?

As always, thanks!!

6. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

If you want to try something like that, Terri (or others too) can advise you better on that - I never had great success with it myself, though I have seen it work really well. It's a challenge to get the dosing right (at least it was for me!).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.