Meatball amps 125

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Molly, May 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Molly

Molly Member

Something crazy is happening... I have not been able to give Meatball any Insulin since my last post, as I have not gotten a reading over 130 in 2 days now. This morning I fed him, waited 45 min, did another reading and it was 102. I'm kind of in shock. PMPS was 113. I was so excited to have him regulated, and now it seems like his pancreas has decided to turn on again! He's also not ravenously hungry all the time ... seem like a good sign! Keep your fingers crossed for meatball!

2. Molly

Molly Member

Also, I'm a little nervous about ketones at this point. If his BG is this low, his body must be making enough insulin, right???

3. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

WOW!!! That's AWESOME! I do not know the answer to your question. If you are worried about keytones then you can test for them though. Guess I should eat my last suggestion to get the acro tests done :oops: . That's just super wonderful news.

4. Michelle & Prudence

Michelle & Prudence Member

WOW! WooHoo Meatball :RAHCAT I would still check for ketones. So happy for you guys. :D

5. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

:RAHCAT

That's so awesome!!!! Kitty pancreases are pretty amazing. I agree to still keep an eye out for ketones. With Bix I found sometimes he will go w/o for a few days, but I start seeing weak hindlegs often before I really see #s above 150 (he can hover in the 130s for days, or at least he used to before I let things drift too far and we lost ground :cry: ). Hopefully Meatball will stay in awesome #s and it'll be a non-issue, but if he drifts up and giving him food doesn't bring the #s down in a couple hours, his pancreas still might need some support. Hopefully not, but just wanted to mention it especially with the ketone history... my guess would be that they are not a risk if he is in truly non-diabetic #s, but if he is riding a little high (and hard to ever really know for sure w/meter variation), it might be a small risk (or bigger if he isn't eating well or has an infection). Others know more than me though on ketones....

6. Hope and Aria

Hope and Aria Member

Yay Meatball!!!

7. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Hooray, Meatball!! :RAHCAT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.