Merrick's Southern Delight

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Julia & Bandit (GA), May 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julia & Bandit (GA)

Julia & Bandit (GA) Well-Known Member

I picked up a few cans of this today. It' 4% carbs according to Janet & Binky, but when I read the ingredients once I got home I saw that in contains brown rice. Has anyone fed this to their diabetics and had any issues, or was it fine?

2. Kelly & Oscar

Kelly & Oscar Well-Known Member

I have fed it to my crew and had no issues

3. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

It is really dependant upon the cat's carb sensitivity, also be careful following the food charts.. they ARE without a doubt a guideline - but will point out they are at a minimum 6 years old.. in that time.. ingredients can/often do change. If you want to try a test.. feed & then test again 30mins to an hour later - see how it affects your furbaby.

4. Kathyh

Kathyh Member

No problem for Maisey and all my kitties like it. I think since it's brown, it means the fiber is still there and that slows the carb breakdown.

5. Karisa and Tasha(GA)

Karisa and Tasha(GA) Member

Niether my otj tasha or my civie patchy liked the southern delight. Ta really likes the cowboy cookout,and so-so on the surf-n-turf. Just have to try and see, would suggest only getting a can or two untill they decide if they like it. mine wouldn't touch it.

Karisa

6. Julia & Bandit (GA)

Julia & Bandit (GA) Well-Known Member

Thanks, guys...I think I'm going to take it back to the store and just exchange it for some more Cowboy Cookout and Surf n Turf. He gets plenty of poultry in his EVO 95% Turkey & Chicken, so it's not like I really need to feed it for any reason. I was just trying to lower his fat/up his protein intake a bit along side the EVO, but the other two are better for that anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.