? Meters

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Lois and Java, Feb 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lois and Java

Lois and Java Member

I've run into a snag with test strips for my vet meters for the second time, which is very embarrassing to admit because I thought I had a handle on it.
    People have mentioned the ReliOn meter, but it isn't even mentioned in the FAQ on meters. I looked at the PDF of consumer reports test results on meters, and the ReliOn test strips are a beautiful price point, $18 for a hundred.
    Can somebody advise me which one uses the smallest amount of blood, and has other things that make it *the* one to get. There are no Walmarts in my County, so I need to make a trek to get this and I want to be sure I get the right one. I am hoping to go today, soon.

2. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

I think the Micro and/or the Confirm take the smallest amount of blood. I don't use the ReliOns, though, so that's where my knowledge ends, sorry.

If there isn't a Walmart in your county, you also might want to consider checking out the "generic" meters available at your local chain drugstore, just for the convenience factor of being able to get strips in an emergency. But if you can do the occasional big stock-up trip to Walmart and keep yourself supplied, that would work too.

3. Barbara & Uncle (GA)

Barbara & Uncle (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Lois, yes the ReliOn is a meter that folks here use a lot and the test strip pricing is a lifesaver when you test a lot!
    I use the Arkray GlucoCard 01 which is the exact same meter (just not branded as "ReliOn" by Walmart).
    It takes a scant amount of blood. I love it!

Lois and Java likes this.
  4. Lois and Java

Lois and Java Member

It looks like there are three arkray brands - - the Platinum, the Vital, and the Expression. Which one do you like, do you have?

5. Barbara & Uncle (GA)

6. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

Walmart in Canada is doing internet sales to duke it out with Amazon. The site is always clogged up so I can't say whether the meters are part of the deal.

7. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

The Arkray glucocard 01 is the Sensor model, at the address mentioned above. The 01 (Sensor) is the closest (clone, really) to the Relion Confirm.
    No, Barbara, they haven't been rebranded, those are just other models of the Arkray meters.

8. Barbara & Uncle (GA)

9. Barbara & Uncle (GA)

I did notice the test strips for my GlucoCard 01 are now labeled "01 Sensor Plus"...

10. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

I know you can use the Relion Confirm meter with the glucocard strips, so I guess it would work the other war 'round, as well? Using Relion confirm strips in a glucocard meter?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.