Michael........thanks Lantus Land

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LynnLee + Mousie, Jul 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

Hi there,

We haven't been on here in a bit and I apologize for that. Everything has been good with Michael and life's been busy so we haven't updated anyone for awhile, not even on his Facebook page! YIKES! Shame on me I know.

But, I wanted to come and give an update as he has had some issues as of late and you guys helped take care of him and we wanted to come say THANK YOU!

I can tell the whole story in detail but not sure if anyone wants to know the whole saga :) but a short summary maybe would be this:

Michael limping one evening after work (two weeks ago this coming Monday) & yowling in pain if we touched his lower leg = ER for x-rays, no break just a sprain. sent home with meds
    few days later, appetite starts decreasing
    2 days later = severe diarrhea and some vomiting after going potty, no appetite whatsoever =
    another vet visit = more meds but no real diagnosis from the dr. meds were dispensed upon my questioning/requests. grrrrrr.
    2 days later = other cats in house start losing appetite and sneezing and acting glum
    A-HA! We've got ourselves a URI! (most likely picked it up at the ER which is frustrating as hell!) =
    doling out meds like candy, syringe feeding, and fluids galore =

Michael ate for the first time since Saturday last night all on his own and again this morning!!!
    (Everyone else we seemed to have nipped in the bud quickly but do have one old lady that's not eating as of last night)

His leg was better several days ago and the diarrhea and vomiting had stopped by this last Monday but he refused to eat.....anything! I even tried kibble cause I was desperate but nope. His nose was too stuffy for him to smell anything but with that getting better apparently he could smell the food finally last night.....or he's had it with me syringe feeding him :) Either way we are on the way up!!

Now, I want to say thanks to all those who honored Paula last year with donations in her name for Michael's care. You guys donated enough to cover both of these vet visits and his meds and we wanted to let you all know how much we appreciate it. So again, THANK YOU LANTUS LAND!

(I'll try to post some new pics soon too )

2. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

I'm glad that he is doing better!

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Thank you for the update and taking such good care of Michael. I'm glad he's doing better. I hope your old lady starts eating too. Sending prayers.

4. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Wow! Congrats on getting Michael and the whole crew on the road to recovery. I've been thinking about Michael and am very glad to hear that he is feeling better. We are sending a truckload of beautiful vines for Michael and all the gang. I know that Paula is smiling.

Hugs, scritches,

Ella & Rusty

5. Marvin's Mom - Nat

Marvin's Mom - Nat Well-Known Member

If you are still having a hard time feeding them apparently Liver Shake works very well to get them back on track.

LynnLee + Mousie likes this.
  6. LynnLee + Mousie

I'm glad too! I slept less than 8 hours from Saturday morning until Tuesday night what with cleaning up after Michael, hydrating him, medicating him and just keeping an eye on him. Finally got a bit more sleep Tuesday night only to have a couple being glum, slightly inappetant, and another one sneezing by Wednesday morning. That's when I thought OH MY GOD!!! cause a widespread URI running thru the house would probably kill me off from exhaustion! :) But I started lysine in all their foods and called in a favor with a friend for mass antibiotics and started everyone with symptoms on that. Two of those were symptomless in about 24 hours (a 7 yr old and a 12 yr old) and one got worse (19 yr old got the nasty diarrhea and no appetite). By last night those 3 were symptomless but my 17 year old gal puked and quit eating so started her on antibiotics last night and she was the same this morning so we'll see how she is tonight when we get home. I can deal with I think any of them getting it but if my heart baby gets it I'd be scared to death in all honesty cause there's a fine line with his condition and what treatments are options for him.

Michael had me pretty worried here and there cause he wouldn't even get up and walk around but he's up again and talking to us and now eating again on his own so I'm pretty sure we're starting to clear it from his system. We're going to keep the lysine going and the antibiotics and such until there's no symptoms in anyone to be sure it's gone out of the house that's for sure.

7. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I was getting really nervous when I started reading but am so glad that Michael is getting better! Kudos to you!:bighug:

8. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Thankyou so much for the update! I have been wondering how Michael was doing. I'm so glad he's on the mend from the URI and doing well. Hope all the kitties keep improving; they're so lucky to have someone as kind and loving as you to take care of them. And as Ella said, I'm sure Paula is smiling! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

9. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

:bighug: Michael is so lucky to have you!!!!

10. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

Bless your heart for taking such good care of sweet Michael! Like Elise, I was getting scared the more I read, but I'm glad he is doing better. :bighug::bighug:

11. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

I'm so glad he's better! You are amazing and Paula would be so happy.

sarahtee likes this.
  12. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Thank you for the update. It is so good to hear news of Michael, I am thankful to hear he is on the mend.
    You are doing a wonderful job!

13. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update. I had read your post on FB, but am happy to see there is more news here. I hope all the kitties are getting better, and that you get some rest. Sending a truckload of healing and appy vines.

14. LynnLee + Mousie

Michael is back to himself now. Getting up on the couch to lay with us again, walking back and forth back and forth telling me it's time to feed him and running laps around the house as I prepare their meals. He's got one more day of antibiotics though which he's not too happy about :)

15. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I'm so glad to hear that Michael is back to himself now. You are a God Send to him. I'm glad you nipped that URI in the bud, and hope all your babies are feeling themselves now. Thank you for the update. Vines to you and your whole house.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.