Mickey 6/30

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Peggy and Mickey (GA), Jun 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peggy and Mickey (GA)

Peggy and Mickey (GA) Well-Known Member

30 mins after eating 321. That is 51 points down from 2 days ago...I am actually OFF today. I can get some tests in during the day. He is starting to run from me now. Last time we went thru this, I had to get my friend to hold his head and me his rear to do this. So I guess this is an improvement. Maybe I will see what we get today and start giving the insulin tomorrow. What do you all think?

2. Hope and Aria

Hope and Aria Member

That's a great improvement with just diet alone. :thumbup What's your starting dose going to be? Our vet starts at .2 unit of Prozinc, but the U100's are the only reliable way to dose that small and be sure you're getting the same amount every time. You can count drops which works too, but I had trouble with drop sizes.

However, with Prozinc, I *highly* recommend using the U100's. Very small dose changes go a long way. SLGS (start low go slow) with the dose and let it sit for at least 3 to 4 cycles (1 1/2 to 2 days) before making any changes UNLESS you get a very low nadir # (50's or below) and/or signs of hypo, then immediately lower the dose on the next shot even if you get a high PS (from rebound.) If you need to increase, a .2 (or .1 if your eyes will accommodate) increase is a nice slow increase.

You have probably read all this before, but I figured I'd repeat just in case :)

Good luck!

3. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice to see the #s coming down more! I wouldn't worry about testing too much today, especially if he is running from you. You know that # is still too high, so if it were me I would probably go ahead and start the insulin when I felt ready. I would probably start at 1u, or if that makes you nervous 0.5u.

4. Nancy and Cody

Nancy and Cody Well-Known Member

Please please try to get your spread sheet working! It will be so helpful to you and to us.

Wow 30 pounds! He must eat you out of house and home! Do you buy the BIG cans of cat food, like soup can size?

5. Peggy and Mickey (GA)

Peggy and Mickey (GA) Well-Known Member

Nancy

I go thru about, wow now I have to think about it..LOL I buy fancy feast and friskies regular sized cans. Since I cut the dry back. I am going thru more. I have 2 foster kittens and 7 cats of my own. I usually get 4 tubs of litter every month and every two weeks hit pet smart. Yesterday I spent 187.00 on 7 cases of food/litter/dry etc. :mrgreen:

6. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

I don't see the SS. I only see a SS with a pink # a that the top next to June 30th is. No name, or anything at the top. Just that one #, and a very blank SS. :(

7. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

I think that's it, the pink # she got! It says Mickey's name in the black square above that. At the very top it still says Copy of .... but I see Mickey's name right under that, with one entry with a pink #....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.