Mickey 7/7/10 pmps

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Peggy and Mickey (GA), Jul 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peggy and Mickey (GA)

Peggy and Mickey (GA) Well-Known Member

345 Why are we going up? This boy is feeling alot better tho..He chased one of the other cats down the hallway...

2. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Sometimes they can react a bit with higher PSs, but if you are getting improved #s mid-cycle (but not too low) I wouldn't worry about it unless it gets more extreme (higher reds or black #s). It's something to keep an eye on of course, but my guess would be just some initial reaction to being on insulin, seeing better #s, and getting some not-used-to-it-yet BG drops.

If you can get some mid-cycle checks in, that can reassure you the #s aren't going too low, or the drops getting too steep. From the data you have so far it doesn't look like it though, so it's unlikely from what I see to be anything truly worrisome. I'm sure it's frustrating though. Guess maybe it's a no pain no gain thing, you may have to put up with a little bit of reaction like that to get the good #s going, and then hopefully it will settle down.

Sometimes I see similar reactions from Bix and it is really annoying (like, why am I giving insulin if the #s are going higher?!?). I don't see anything though with Mickey that suggests the dose might be too high, so I'd be inclined to ride it out for the moment. And with Bix I know that w/o the insulin the #s will start going even higher, so it's one of those tradeoffs I guess to get a good ride for a while in good #s, which promotes pancreas healing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.