Mimi 8/5 AMPS 312 +2 247, now PM BG is 77 and Im out of test strips because Im a moron!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mimis mom, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Mimis mom

Mimis mom Well-Known Member

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I would skip. Pretend it’s a fur shot.I would save that strip for tomorrow morning and be at the store when it opens.

3. Mimis mom

which she never has- shes such a good patient! I know in the beginning it was really scary to skip because she was DKA but thats almost been a year now!! can you believe it!?

4. tiffmaxee

It’s scary to skip with DKA for sure but I’d be scared to shoot a 77 without any test strips. That bounce cleared so quickly.

Mimis mom likes this.
  5. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

What Elise said. Skip.
    There's this little thing called a full night's sleep. Apparently, it's rather good. Enjoy.

6. Mimis mom

Omg I know and with the new reduced dose!!!

I always hope in my mind that she’s on her way to remission when that happens.

I was also kind of toying with the idea that it could have been a wonky strip? But she did seem really eager to eat tonight

7. tiffmaxee

I think she will recover quickly. Don’t beat yourself up.

Mimis mom likes this.
  8. tiffmaxee

I hope all is well. You didn’t update your ss today and I was wondering the response to a skipped shot. I hope you were able to get test strips.

Mimis mom likes this.
  9. Mimis mom

could me skipping be why shes taken a little bit to come back down? I just realized I should have given her an increase by now- but lets see how tonights cycle goeS?

10. tiffmaxee

I would increase in the morning unless you see green tonight. Yes, a skipped shot means tge depot has to refill. It’s been long enough though. Tonight she just might hit green.