Mittens 9-19-13 AMPS 372, +6=364?!

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Lyndsey & Mittens, Sep 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lyndsey & Mittens

Lyndsey & Mittens Member

AMPS=372, gave .5u @715AM.

Was hoping for a lower number this morning since his dose was increased last night...guess Mittens had other plans... :YMSIGH:

Will be home today to test around nadir.

2. kse

kse Well-Known Member

Re: Mittens 9-19-13 AMPS 372

I am glad you increased your dose. Sometimes it takes a few cycles to see a reduction in the numbers. EVEN Happier that you tested for Ketones! AND, Happiest, that they were negative! Please be vigilant with the ketone testing. Ketones are bad and something you want to stay on top of--- trust me, I know!

Hoping for better numbers today!

3. Lyndsey & Mittens

Lyndsey & Mittens Member

Just did a +6 and his BG is basically the same, @364! What the heck?! confused_cat I checked the exp date on my insulin, and keep it in the refrigerator (not in the door) and all looks good with that, so I'm not sure what is going on. When he started, .5 would drop him in the 100/200 range...

Should I wait a few more cycles to increase?

4. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

I'd give it a cycle or two. I would certainly have expected him to have gone lower.

Does the insulin have floaties? Any chance he has an infection?

5. Lyndsey & Mittens

Lyndsey & Mittens Member

Yeah, I saw a little bit of floaties in it...should it have any? (Not chunks, but just a little bit of precipitate).

He's been acting the same, no behavior changes and using the bathroom as he normally does-so I don't see any signs of him having an infection...but I will keep an eye out.

Just did a +7 not too long ago, still pretty much the same, 348.

6. Sue and Oliver (GA)

It should mix together nicely when you roll it. How old is it? Does it have an expiration date?

No HC food possible?

If he continues with this trend, i'd up it again, maybe tomorrow night if you can keep an eye on him overnight.

7. Lyndsey & Mittens

Lyndsey & Mittens Member

It's only 3 weeks old-the exp date is Nov 2014...no chance he got into any HC food either...

I'll keep an eye on him for signs of infection, and if no improvement ill increase the dosage tomm evening as you suggested-ill be around to keep an eye on him. Are you thinking increase to 1u?

8. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Yes, that is what I'd do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.