monoject syringes -- found another defective

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Donna & Buddha, Feb 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Donna & Buddha

Donna & Buddha Member

A while back I found a monoject syringe with double needle insertion. The syringe I opened for todays pm shot lacked a beveled tip, it was totally flat. It was a bit difficult inserting into the bottle and I noticed an air bubble for the first time with these syringes after pulling insulin. If I hadn't noticed the bubble I wouldn't have looked so closely and noticed the defective needle.

Both needles came from the same box, the first box I've ever used of this brand. Just want to warn others to inspect syringes carefully before use.

2. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

You should call the manufacture and report this. It might help them become aware of a bad batch [and they probably send you some free ones]. Thanks for the heads up. I'm pretty sure the GNP ones I use are manufactured by the same company.

3. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

ewwww, good catch!!! I have Monojects & love them, but I will start paying more attention just in case!

yeah, I'd call the manufacturer, I like that idea - go freebies ;-) plus I'm sure (hope!) they have strict quality control regulations for stuff like that.

4. Donna & Buddha

Donna & Buddha Member

I called the 1-800 number on the box and gave the guy on the other end of the phone all the information. He dilligently typed it into his computer. I have 3 boxes total, all with the same lot number. He said just inspect each syringe carefully before use, and if I find another that is messed up to call him back. I probably could of been assertive and demanded to return them all, but didn't. The problems have been visible and any problems I can't see, well, could be in any batch. So I'm left with trusting big corporations to make safe products.

I will be getting a free box out of the deal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.