? Mossimo 4/4/22- AMPS 97. +2 87. +5.5 109. PmPS 129

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by CaitLovesMo, Apr 4, 2022.

1. CaitLovesMo

CaitLovesMo Member

https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/thr...93-pmps-105-really-need-dosing-advice.261127/

Hello everyone,

I am sorry I haven't posted in awhile. I have been going through a lot of family difficulties and been trying to manage everything.

I increased Mo's drop dose to .1 a couple days back. I want to see everyone's thoughts on the .1 dose?? I am trying so hard to do this all right.

My calipers were delivered today and I want to begin using them tomorrow but don't even know where to start because of seeing about conversions. He is on lantus and I use u100 needles.

Please let me know what you think k about the dose and any suggestions for calipers? Should I even use then?

Cait and Mo

2. Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA)

Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA) Well-Known Member

With my sugar cat, I used the same brand/size syringes and Lantus and used the caliper and lighted magnifying glasses because my close-up vision sucks after cataract surgery. I found at least with this brand of syringe that the measurements and markings on the syringes were quite accurate and really didn’t vary from box to box or syringe syringe and that is why you use the calipers because sometimes quality control is not very good with the marks on the syringes. You’re not using the calipers to do a conversion due to using U40 syringes for dosing U100 insulin.

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

He does seem to be doing a little better on this dose. More green preshots, highest numbers have come down. Any changes to his feeding schedule?

4. CaitLovesMo

CaitLovesMo Member

No changes in feeding or food. Is not changing a bad thing?

5. CaitLovesMo

CaitLovesMo Member

So I don't have to convert anything then?

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

That's good, he's doing this on his own.

Have you read this post on Dosing with calipers Many of the syringe measurements are listed in there.