My boy's not feeling well

Discussion in 'Acromegaly / IAA / Cushings Cats' started by Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA

Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA Member

Nothing I can put my finger on... but Fletch is "off." Sleeping in different places... clingy... eyes not as sparkly. I don't know... just my "acromom" instincts...

Any spare good thoughts are more than welcome...

2. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear you're seeing the changes; I am seeing changes in Shadoe the last few days and so I know it's upsetting, even if you recognize it.

I am sure you know him better than you know yourself, so if there are any oddities that truly seem out of place from his normal abnormalities, what about having him get a checkup?

What's your gut tell you? I normally go with mine, and it either reassures me I was seeing nothing or confirms my suspicions.
    Are there any signs that remind of some past issues? After seeing Shadoe with p-titis attack, I watch her like a hawk to the point I am sure I am annoying.
    Any changes you can make to routine, or food or something else to test him?
    Maybe step back and make a list of things to check to eliminate this or that. Also consider anything that's changed recently that may be a cause.
    Does he ever had bad days where he feels just under the weather and then comes around later?
    I don't have enough knowledge to offer more than just generalities, but I hope he comes around soon from whatever is the problem.

3. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

Oh, Carolynn! I hope he's just having an off day. Lots of good thoughts for you two.

4. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Hugs and scritches, where appropriate, and snowflakes for Fletcher to be back to normal quickly.

5. Nancy and Cody

Nancy and Cody Well-Known Member

healing thoughts sent ((((fletcher)))) cat_pet_icon

6. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

I was just thinking of you and you boy; I hope you two are doing OK, and we are wishing you well.

7. Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA

Thanks everyone. He's still not himself... but I don't know what else I can do. I think it's the acro and his age combining to make him feel like crap on toast.

I don't know...

8. Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA

Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA Well-Known Member

(((((((Carolynn & Fletcher))))))))

9. Nancy and Cody

Nancy and Cody Well-Known Member

Do you think he is hurting? I know you have given aspirin in the past. We are giving it every 3 days now, with fluids every day, and he really seems to do better about 12 hrs after he gets the enteric coated baby aspirin. Vet said not to give it more often. He gets bupe on some of the non aspirin days.

10. Shelly and Spaceman

Shelly and Spaceman Member

Awww. Feel better Fletcher! Spring is here! It's time to taunt squirrels from windows.

11. Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA

Upped his Prednisone to 10mg daily... bgs sort of decent... just gonna love him...

12. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

I sure hope he feels better soon. Give him lots and lots of love!

13. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

That's a perfect plan; lots of loving for Fletcher. I hope he starts to feel better soon and enjoys the loving tonite.

14. sanrun

sanrun Member

I hope the pred helps and Felcher feels better soon.

Take Care,
    Sandy - Dottie & Skippy

15. Magnus

Magnus New Member

Hang in there. Will be thinking about your little guy...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.