My Little Bo Has Passed Away

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mike & Bo (GA), Jan 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike & Bo (GA)

Mike & Bo (GA) Member

I type this as tears are coming down my face. Bo went downhill late yesterday and today, he never got off the couch since yesterday afternoon, didn't want any food, and only drank a few drops of water. I knew that the time had come, I couldn't let him go on like that any longer. I had made an appointment for 230pm with the vets. I spent all the morning and early afternoon on the couch with him, doing everything that I could to make him comfortable. My sister and her friend came at 210pm, I was in the back seat with Bo petting him.
    Once at the vets they had given him a sedative and placed us in the private room where we had time with Bo, talking to him, petting him and saying our goodbyes. The vet came in and put the injection in him and within seconds my little boy crossed over to Rainbow Bridge to meet his sister Tiger. I said my personal goodbyes to him, telling him how he gave me the most wonderful 19 years of my life and how much I am going miss him.
    Losing Bo will be very hard on me, as Bo and Tiger were my "babies" for 15 and 19 years.
    I want to thank everyone who has said kind words and offered me suggestions and encouragement since Bo was diagnosed with cancer. I will make copies of those and always treasure them, you guys and kittes are the best supporters, always there when I needed any kind of help.

When Bo was diagnosed with diabetes in October 2008 I said to him: "We're going to become a team and try to beat this diabetes". Today I lost a very important member of the team.

I Love You Bo
    Mike & Angel Bo

In a few days I am going to make some sort of tribute to Bo and I would like to share it with everyone.

2. pjstroop

pjstroop Member

((Mike)) I'm so sorry... Bo was so loved by you and had a wonderful life!
    **Tears** for you... and your loss of such a brave and dear kitty..

Lighting a candle for Bo..
    Fly free sweet kitty!

3. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

omg, noooooooo.
    i'm so sorry, mike. my heart is breaking for you.
    tears...................
    (((((mike)))))
    fly free sweet bo...

4. Spacey & Ella

Spacey & Ella Member

This is terrible.
    (((( hugs ))))

5. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

Oh Mike, I am crying too...it really hurts to lose someone that you have had for so long...and the bond from taking care of them with an illness is even stronger. At least poor Bo no longer has pain, he is running free and waiting at the Bridge.
    (((((((((Mike))))))))))

6. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

Mike,
    I am deeply saddened by the loss of your beloved Bo. It is clear from your posts how much you loved your guy, and how much he loved you back. You were by his side to the end, where he was able to pass quietly in your arms. He will be missed here by all of us here in Lantus Land.

7. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Mike, I am so very sorry for your loss. Bo will be waiting for you one day at the Bridge, along with Tiger. It sounds as though you two had a very special relationship, and that will live on in your heart forever until you meet again.

Fly free, sweet Bo.

8. Tina & Sammy

Tina & Sammy Well-Known Member

I am new to this board and don't recall reading about Bo, but I know what you are going through. I have lost 3 cats in the last 5 years and it is never easy. Luckily I have had other furry friends to help confort me when there is such a loss.

My heart goes out to you.

9. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Mike I am crying so hard because of the news that Bo is gone--You are one of the best Daddy beans I have ever seen here--To have Bo for 19 beautiful years is indeed a Blessing..What a wonderful life you gave him.. And he passed over surrounded by people who love him..Warm, safe and loved. My heart is breaking for you..Lighting a candle to light his way.

10. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Im so sorry for your loss. Know that Bo is running free and playing with no pain.

11. Carolyn and Spot

Carolyn and Spot Well-Known Member

((((((Mike and Bo))))))

Mike,
    I am truly sorry for your loss of Bo. For 19 years you have made a wonderful friendship and I am sure that no matter how much you knew this was coming, it is still hard to accept. You did a selfless thing in helping him to go, in addition to all the other selfless things you have done for him. I have no doubt that he is looking down upon you from the Rainbow Bridge with gratitude and love in his heart.
    Be well, and know you will always be home here in LL,
    ..Carolyn

12. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

((Mike)) My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    19 years with your sweet Bo kitty, may those memories always always be with you. I know here in Lantus Land, we will never forget Bo and what a joy he was to you for those 19 years.
    I am so sorry for your loss, my heart just sank right now as I saw your thread. I hope you can find peace and the strength carry on, just know Bo will always be in your heart.

13. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

Mike I am so sorry for your loss.

Fly free sweet Bo. wings_cat

14. Donna and Flame

Donna and Flame Well-Known Member

Mike,
    I am so very sorry to read of Bo's passing. He went to the Bridge feeling your love surrounding him and will wait for you there until you meet again. Love never dies!

Fly free sweet Bo....

15. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss, Mike. I feel your pain.
    Fly Free Bo.

16. Beth and Simon (GA)

Beth and Simon (GA) Member

I'm so sorry ((((((Mike)))))). Nineteen years - wow. You were so lucky to have had each other for so long. Peace to you.

17. Heather and Jasper

Heather and Jasper Member

tears here Mike.. I'm so sorry.....

((((Bo)))) fly free

18. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

My heart is breaking for you. As much as we know we all must pass, it is so hard for those left behind. Your Bo was loved all his life, and he passed gently, quietly, warm and cared for -- what great gifts you have given him. He has no more pain. He will be with you in your heart forever. ((((Mike))))

19. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

I'm so sorry for your loss, Mike. It is never easy to let a beloved pet go, and especially not one who has been in your life for that long and that you have been through so much with. We are all crying with you tonight.

Fly free, little Bo. (((((((((((Mike)))))))))))

20. Michelle and Doodle

Michelle and Doodle Member

(((Mike))) I'm so so sorry.
    This is just heartbreaking.

*lots of tears*

21. Michele and Esse

Michele and Esse Well-Known Member

Oh Mike. Oh, Mike. You are an astounding person. Thank you for all you've done for Bo, and for all your hurt now, how many years of love and memories you have stored away. You were blessed to be teamed up with Bo, and he with you. And I imagine Bo is now hanging out at the Rainbow Bridge, telling all the beloveds how wonderful his bean was, how he misses his bean, and how much his bean loved him to let him go now.

Be easy, Mike, and know that you've been a team leader, and a partner, for many years. Bo will be waiting for you, of that I'm sure. Love never dies.

Esse sends her lovies along, too...and you will be in my prayers.

Best=
    Michele

22. Jennifer and Porky

Jennifer and Porky Member

Mike -

I am so sorry for your loss. :YMHUG:

23. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Miriam and Putty (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Mike)))
    I am so sad to read this. Bo was so lucky to have such a caring Dad and you were so lucky to have sweet Bo for 19 years....although no matter how long it is never enough.

Fly free sweet Bo. wings_cat

24. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Mike, I'm so very sorry Bo had to go. *tears*

Bo will be missed here in LL. We are all crying with you tonight.

Fly free sweet Bo.

wings_cat rb_icon

25. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

((((Mike)))))
    I'm sitting at work with tears running down my face. I lost my civie of 20 years a little over 6 mos. ago to cancer, so as much as I can, I understand your loss. You did the most compassionate act possible in 19 years filled with compassion, caring, and love. The loss is indescribable but know in your heart that Bo will be with Tiger and they will both be waiting for you at the Bridge.

26. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

What heartbreaking news; words can't express the sadness I feel. I am so sorry for your loss.

27. Lynee and Max

Lynee and Max Member

Oh Mike - I'm so very sad to read this post. Sending cyber hugs to you and white lights to Bo for his journey to the Bridge. Fly Free Dear Sweet Bo. You will never be forgotten in the hearts of every bean that had the great pleasure of getting to know you through your journey here.

28. Cori and Tommy

Cori and Tommy Member

I'm so sorry, my thoughts are with you. ((((((Mike)))))))

29. Helene & Tizon

Helene & Tizon Well-Known Member

((((Mike)))))
    I am very very sorry about the loss of your beloved Bo. You loved him so much and you two were a great team!

Fly free Bo kitty, fly free!

30. Lynn and Angel

Lynn and Angel Member

Oh Mike, I am so sorry for your loss of your sweet pal Bo. He must have had a wonderful 19 years with you and the care you gave was just all a cat could want. My heart goes out to you.

31. karen and splash (ga)

karen and splash (ga) Member

I'm so sorry Mike. Fly Free Bo, you earned your wings, use them well.

May the love that you shared with Bo continue to surround you with comfort until you are reunited once again.

32. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

I had to come back to write something because the first time around brought out so many tears. The second time is not going much better.

I am so sorry for this loss, and almost quite suddenly. I am really glad you recognized the severity of the issue and were able to take the last few days or so to really comfort Bo in preparation for his new adventure ahead. You will both miss each other's physical presence, but you will forever be together in spirit.

May you find peace in your healing process.

33. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

34. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Mike)))
    I am so very sorry to read about your loss. I lost my last kitty of 17 years to cancer and I was so devastated and I am remembering all of the mixed feelings that you must be feeling now. I know that there are no words that will make it better, only time... and making a memorial to Bo will really help. I did that for my Chance also and I still have it to look at when I really need it. If you don't know about it already, http://www.petloss.com has special Rainbow Bridge candle ceremonies and lots of ideas for people that are suffering a loss. I've been there often. Another thing that helped was something that my then vet said to me and that more than applies to you "Chance always trusted you to do what was best for him throughout his whole life. Please don't stop doing that when it really counts". I didn't, and you didn't and God bless you for that. Hang in there, Mike. ♥

Big hugs,
    Caryl, Alex and Jackson
    (We are lighting a Candle for Bo tonight)

35. Tammy and Blaze

Tammy and Blaze Member

Oh no, I am so sorry..... you really were a team.. and still are.

36. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

jan and Hep and sara (GA) Well-Known Member

Mike,

I am so sorry that you lost your baby Bo. I know you gave him the best life he could have had. He lived a long and loving life. This part of our partnership is so hard.

My heart goes out to you and your family.

jan and sara

37. kate and lucky

kate and lucky Member

Mike I'm so sorry.I'm glad you got to say goodbye.

Fly free sweet (((Bo)))

38. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

Dearest Mike,
    You and Bo were a team for sure! 19 years, he loved you and you loved him. My heart was heavy with sadness when I read he was sick. I couldn't help but think of Noisy and how fast the cancer took over him and thought of your Bo. I sure loved Bo. He was with us a long time here. I have many tears for this loss. You are the best Mike, I'll not forget you and Bo.
    Fly forever free precious Bo. Noisy and your other friends here are there to welcome you and show you the tree in which to watch us from.
    Love,
    Diahann

39. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Oh, Mike, I am so sorry! I know that you loved Bo so much and that you will miss him terribly. I am crying along side you and the rest of our FDMB family. We are here for you.
    Fly free Bo...you will be sorely missed.

40. stephanie & Ti-Mi (GA)

stephanie & Ti-Mi (GA) Member

I am so sorry for your loss. My heart goes to you.
    Fly free Bo.

41. Erica & Moses

Erica & Moses Member

What a special story you and Bo have, Mike. I am so sorry for the pain your experiencing right now. Thank you for sharing this with me, I am deeply touched by your caring heart.

It's so good to know Bo is pain-free right now. *tears*

42. Kelly & Logan

Kelly & Logan Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss, Mike. I have tears running down my face right now as my heart is breaking for you. When some time has passed, you will have your memories of Bo to bring you comfort and peace.

43. Fleapunk

Fleapunk Member

19 years old, the vets tell me cats are only supposed to have a life expectancy of 12-14 years...We know that is not true. Bo's long, happy life is a true testament of your love.

I'm so sorry you lost your boy. :(

Jackie

44. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

(((Mike)))

I'm so sorry to hear about Bo! You have been such a good daddy-bean and you took such good care of both of your boys. Take good care of yourself right now. Bo gets to keep Tiger company...they'll be watching you and will want you to be happy (and to make some other kitties happy).

Heather/Boo

45. sanrun

sanrun Member

((Mike)) I'm so sorry... :sad:

Hugs,

Sandy Dottie & Skippy

46. Emmy & Dude

Emmy & Dude Well-Known Member

wings_cat I'm so sorry to see that you had to say goodbye to your sweet Bo - but what a long and wonderful time you had together - even though it's never really long enough for us. Now he and Tiger are young and running free together again, thanks to your love. We work so hard trying to see them through the diabetes and then this monstrous "other" disease steps in and takes them away. It seems so unfair sometimes.

I'm sending healing vibes and comforting prayers your way - I'm sure the wonderful memories and love you shared with both these kitties will help to comfort you and hopefully help to fill the hole left in your heart and life.

Emmy & Dude (& Mittsi too)

47. Sashasmom

Sashasmom Member

Mike, I'm so sorry for your loss
    Fly free sweet Bo!

48. Girlcat

Girlcat Member

(((((i am so sorry you lost your kitten.for he will always be so.ill be thinking of yu and Bo)))

49. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

I'm not an active lantus user but i try to follow lantus isg as much as possible and have read your condos several times. I just wanted to let you know I am so sorry for your loss.

50. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

(((Mike))) I am so sorry. Bo had a devoted bean. You are an example many of us should follow. Please know you made a difficult decision but a necessary one. He is running freely over the "Bridge" in good health. You are here heartbroken. In time, the pain will ease. Take care and please visit LL when you are ready. You are family.

51. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

I am very sorry that you did not have a little more time with your little Bo. You were so kind to spare him pain and let him go gently and with much love. My heart goes out to you in your sadness. Bo will be watching over you and sending you some healing waves, I hope you will feel them.

52. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry, Mike. Losing a beloved pet, as Bo was for you, is among the saddest things that can happen to us. Please accept my sympathies.

53. Kim&Luck

Kim&Luck Member

((Mike)) My deepest sympathies to you in the loss of your beloved Bo.

54. WCF and Meowzi

WCF and Meowzi Well-Known Member

19 years, what a love story this must have been. i am so very sorry for your loss, mike.

55. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

There are not enough words to convey the sorrow that I feel. It never is easy, as these little guys become our best friends, our companions, our reason. I am so very sorry for your loss. I know Bo will never be forgotten - that he will live on forever in your heart, and your memories. Your recent journey with Bo has brought back so many memories of kitties I have had who now live on/over the Rainbow Bridge. Good memories, as I know yours with Bo will be. You are such a fine example of what we should all be. Devoted, compassionate. My deepest sympathies.

56. Judith and Thomas

Judith and Thomas Member

Mike, I'm so very sorry for you loss. It happened so quickly after his diagnosis....not that you could ever 'adjust' to the knowledge that he was so sick and you be losing him, but so soon....I'm so very, very sorry.

May the memories that you shared, in time bring you peace to your heart...

Judith and Thomas (GA January 11, 2010)

57. Pat and Skipper (GA)

Pat and Skipper (GA) Member

Mike, I am so sorry to hear this.
    You and Bo had such a special bond that he will live in your heart forever.
    (((hugs)))
    Pat

58. Natasha & Seamus

Natasha & Seamus Member

59. Karen & Pearl

Karen & Pearl Member

I'm so very sorry. ((((((hugs))))))

60. Karen & Pearl

Karen & Pearl Member

I'm so very sorry. ((((((hugs))))))

61. Nat and Ferdi (Pelusa GA)

Nat and Ferdi (Pelusa GA) Member

((((Mike)))) I share your pain and am crying with you tonight. I am really sorry and just can't find any comforting words in English...

Fly free sweet Bo. Fly free...

62. Deb and Pippin

Deb and Pippin Member

My heart goes out to you today, a very sad day indeed.

Fly high and free on those beautiful new wings of yours Bo.

[​IMG]

63. Jamy & Indy

Jamy & Indy Member

One of the hardest things we have to do is let go of our "children". At least he knew that you loved him and I'm sure he was comforted to know that you were with him to the very end. That is the kindest thing we can do for them in the end - love them and be with them so they aren't scared and they know that they aren't alone. You gave him a precious gift just by being there and comforting him.

64. Sarah and Velcro

Sarah and Velcro Member

Fly free sweet Bo you were loved by all here in LL.
    (((Mike)))

65. Barb and Tori

Barb and Tori Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry Mike. Nineteen years together. What wonderful memories you will have.

Fly high and proud sweet Bo with your beautiful new wings and please don 't forget to visit your Daddy to let him kn ow that you're Ok at the Bridge.

66. JL and Chip

JL and Chip Well-Known Member

Mike, I'm so sorry. I understand your anguish, and I wish I had words that would make you feel better. Bo was fortunate to have you.

67. Greg and Carmelita (GA)

Greg and Carmelita (GA) Member

Aww, Mike. You did right by Bo. He'll be missed by many of us here, as well.

68. Me and Bayley

Me and Bayley Member

I know that there is nothing that can be said to help to ease your pain right now. I am so sorry to hear this and remember that you loved Bo and gave him the most that anyone could - he had a great life right by your side and loved you right back for all you have done for him .
    (((hug)))

69. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss of little Bo.... ((Mike))
    Your best buddy was with your for 19 beautiful years and the bond you had together was
    a beautiful thing for both of you. The pain of this loss is deep, I know... and I am sending
    my condolences to you . May your wonderful memories comfort you....
    Fly free little Brave Bo.....

70. Juanita & Chika (GA)

Juanita & Chika (GA) Member

I am so very sorry to read this (((Mike)))

fly free dear (((Bo)))

71. Cyn and Cosmo

Cyn and Cosmo Member

Mike- I'm so very sorry to hear that Bo has gone ahead. I'm sure Bo is happily cavorting with other kitties and puppies at the rainbow bridge, chasing slow fat mice, and low flying birds. Nineteen years together! Who could ask for more (and yet, I'm sure we all would).

Fly free Bo!!

72. Suzanne + Nemo (GA)

Suzanne + Nemo (GA) Member

So sorry for Bo's passing, Mike. What a team you were. (((HUGS)))

73. Joan and Madison

Joan and Madison Member

(((Mike))) I'm so sorry for your loss. Fly free sweet Bo. We'll miss you.

74. Sherry & Zoe (GA)

Sherry & Zoe (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Mike))) I am so sorry for your loss. Many tears for you.

Fly free sweet Bo.

Sherry & Zoe

75. Chris & Mally

Chris & Mally Member

I am so sorry for your loss, Mike. I know from experience how it breaks your heart to have to say goodbye to a friend that you love so dearly.

My thoughts are with you.

76. asil & mouf

asil & mouf New Member

oh mike, i'm so very sorry... my heart is breaking for you.. bo always had a special place in my heart..

77. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

mike, i am so sorry.
    no matter how old they are, we are never ready. they own such a large part of our heart.

78. maryjoandsmokie

maryjoandsmokie Member

Mike i am sorry you lost your Little Bo. We are never ready for them to go and
    there is no way to get ready.
    Hugs to you Mike.

79. JaniceandSpike

JaniceandSpike Well-Known Member

Sorry to see this Mike. Bo was a wonderful old gentileman. 19 years is a very long tome to have such a good friend.

80. Wendi and Milo (GA)

Wendi and Milo (GA) Member

So sorry for your loss ((((Mike))))

Fly free sweet Bo

81. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Hope ur doing as well as can be expected Mike.
    We're all thinking of you here and missing both of u.

((hugs))

82. Robert and Echo

Robert and Echo Administrator Staff Member Moderator

wings_cat

Fly free, fly well, precious Bo.

Mike, I'm looking forward to seeing your tribute to Bo.

Big hugs to you,
    Rebecca

83. jojo and bunny

jojo and bunny Member

oh mike i was so very sad when i heard the news that your sweet boy was gone. he was so precious. always loved looking at his picture in your sig line.
    he will be missed.
    i am so very very sorry. tears. he was a good boy. you always did such a good job taking care of him. he was very lucky to have you, you were a great team.
    they are just never here long enough!
    one day you will be with him again. bo and tiger will be waiting for you at the bridge and you will hear that purr again.

fly free dear bo........

((((hugs))))
    ~jojo

84. sharon and sparky

sharon and sparky Member

So sorry for your loss. Bo was a wonderful companion who touched your life and will live forever in your heart..
    >>>>Fly free Bo<<<<<

85. Victoria & Sundance

Victoria & Sundance Member

Mike, I'm so sorry to read this. You gave him a wonderful home and have shown him so much love. I would like to read more about him and your time with him when you are ready to post a tribute.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.