My new guy finally has a name :)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Josie & Ripley (GA), Jan 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi, everybody! I have a new kitty! (Joining Mariko and Dyana in the new-kitty-parade :cat::cat::cat:)

[​IMG]
    (such a large pic ~ still learning the new board ropes :p)

He’s about 3 months old, is cuddly, curious, brave, loving, playful, and has a very loud motor. I found him at a cat show event on Saturday (Caturday!) ~ he was adopted through a local animal shelter. He was fostered in a home with children and other animals; I could tell right away that he was well socialized. He sat in my lap, purring, while I filled out the paperwork. Once home, he immediately seemed comfortable in his room.

Some of you know that I lost my sugargirl Ripley in Dec. 2013. Upon the recent 1-year anniversary of her crossing, a huge wound re-opened, and I felt raw and full of grief all over again. I’ve never missed anyone as much as I miss her, and I decided to redirect that sadness toward something positive. So I started collecting items for my future new kitty. It felt right to ease into it, and became a big part of my healing journey. I officially began my “kitty window shopping” before Christmas. I visited shelters and adoption events, but didn’t connect with one single kitty. I felt discouraged, but also excited about potentially finding “the one.” I wasn’t expecting to bond with such a young kitty, but I fell in love with his confidence and his purrbox (and, of course, that face!).

He is nameless for now. My DH and I have come up with many names, but we haven’t found one that fits yet.

Our civvie Smokey is not thrilled about a kitty being locked up in our spare room. I’m hoping the gradual introduction will help her accept the new guy; if you ask her she’d say I have ruined her life. But our drooler Marley, who has a heart the size of the world, already likes the little guy. They often hang out together near the baby gate. The kitten is usually tense at first, but once he sees me petting Marley, he unfluffs his fur and they sniff noses. The little guy is very curious about his 120-lb droolerbrother.

He’s my first kitten in over 16 years. And my first tux ever.
    I’m on cloud nine. :D

Thank you for letting me share him with you. :bighug:

(PS: I want to look into pet insurance for him; I’m open to any advice/recommendations…)

MJ+Donovan likes this.
  2. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

OH, BIG GRIN HERE! :D:D:D:D:D

I'm so thrilled for you! and he looks just like the kitten i got, McGee. Who is an absolutely love-bug! I can't wait to hear your stories of him worming his little way into your life and love. :bighug:

Josie & Ripley (GA) likes this.
  3. Laura & Heffernan

Laura & Heffernan Member

Congrats!!! Tuxedos are great! We are foster parents for our local SPCA so I'm glad you can appreciate the difference a foster home makes. Wishing you many years of love, laughs & cuddles!

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

WOOT! Welcome to the family of beans owned by tuxies. :):):):):) "Un-named" looks adorable and a lot like my civie Theo. It took us about 3 weeks to name Neko.:rolleyes:

I am so happy for you Josie. :bighug:

5. knolet

knolet Well-Known Member

So happy for you Josie, and the very handsome little guy. He is so lucky to have adopted you :)

6. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Such a little sweetie pie - and very lucky little sweetie pie at that!! He looks like a short-haired version of my Noah. I love tuxes...my very first childhood kitty was also a tux, so they will always have a spot in my heart. I hope Smokey realizes how awesome her new little brother is sooner rather than later. I'm looking forward to watching him grow up!!

7. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Hooray! Another new kitteh! He is adorable! [​IMG]

8. Frosty

Frosty Well-Known Member

Hi Josie
    Congratulations on the new addition to your family. He sure is a cute guy.
    Have you considered calling him PurrBox? (As you may know PurrFace kept nudging our face and purring when we got him so we called him PurrFace.)

9. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Josie, I'm soooo happy for you! I love tuxedos and have one, also.
    I hope you came back and tell stories of how he and Smokey are loving each other.
    Happy that Marley like him already.

10. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Love love love love him!!!!!! Congrats to you, Will, Marley,....and yes Smokey.

Can't wait to hear his name:bighug::bighug::bighug:

11. Deborah & Shasta

Deborah & Shasta Well-Known Member

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! A TUXEDO LOVEBUG!!!!!!! I want to see more pictures!!! Congratulations, Josie and nameless kitty. You two are so lucky to have each other. (hopefully, Smokey will feel the same way, soon ;))
    YAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!! I need the dancing cat smiley, right now! :cat:

12. bettyandhank

bettyandhank Well-Known Member

OMG....he is absolutely adorable!!!! I had a black &white male, Cosmo as an only child for 18+years. I love all your guy's adjectives...social, cuddly, playful, brave....sounds like the perfect kitty. And nothing is better than a loud motor! Sounds like he's gonna fit in great....love that he is already checking out the drooler. Congratulations JOSIE on your precious new addition!!! :cat::cat:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
  13. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

This is a very happy day in LL for a change!!! Two adorable babies have found furever homes! I am so happy for you and all your family, Josie. I wish you many happy, healthy years with little TBN (To Be Named)! :bighug:

14. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

What wonderful news, Josie! Welcome, little no-name (for now). You have found yourself a wonderful home! Stu was a tuxedo, so of course we are happy that the new kitty is, too.

Hugs and scritches,

Ella & Rusty (not a tuxedo, but a lovebug nonetheless!)

15. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh, he's sooo cute. I'm so happy for you. I hope everyone adjusts quickly to the new addition to your family. Thank you for sharing with us.

16. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

WOOT WOOT :woot: So very happy for you! One gorgeous kitty. Major congrats to you!

17. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

He's definitely a cutie!!

Just think... You'd have PB (PurrBox) and J (Josie)!

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
  18. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

PB&J......groannnn@Sienne:p

19. Paula

Paula Well-Known Member

Concats! he is a cutie! I'm sure he will keep you very busy!:woot:

20. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

I loveeeeeee him. You are such a lucky bean Josie to b e picked by that guy. I have a very soft spot for Tuxedo's.

21. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

Another Tuxie Lover here!! Your new little fella is absolutely adorable- hoping Smokey will take him under her wing!

22. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Thanks, all, for the congrats and love!
    I sure do miss posting condos.
    My little guy is so lucky to have amazing Auntie and Uncle Beans! :D

He has settled into a kitten-routine: sleep, eat, snuggles, play, sleep, eat, snuggles, play... lather, rinse, repeat!
    The past 2 mornings I have found one of his toys sitting in his water bowl. I wonder if this will be a trend... :p
    He has his first well-kitten appointment tonight. I have no concerns, and I hope the vet doesn't have any, either.
    In my opinion my little guy is practically perfect. ;)

Still no name... I'll keep you posted! (And I'm still laughing at the PB&J idea... I miss that laughing smiley!)

Deborah & Shasta likes this.
  23. Amy&TrixieCat

My civvie Frankie dunks her toys in the water bowl, too :joyful::joyful::joyful:! PB&J is a cute idea...good one, Sienne!!

24. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Stu used to wash his feet in his water bowl. :) Have a good vetty appointment.

Ella & Rusty

25. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

You lucky little guy, you have landed in a tub of buttah!:bighug:

26. carfurby (GA)

Josie, you can post a condo here anytime you want. We'd love to hear updates. I hope the vetty visit goes well.

27. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

just seeing this....
    Yay for a new baby .... and a tuxedo..... Shadow approves!

28. mariko

mariko Well-Known Member

Oh Josie!
    I am so happy for you and your DH and the kitten.
    This is so wonderful and I want to hug you!
    I love every bit of him, his long white whiskers, his white bib, those cute toes.
    He looks like he is wearing a black cardigan, and sleeves are a little too long.
    His tail is adorable too, a bit like a tube brush, but cuter!
    He's so handsome!

I'd love to know how the introduction goes with Smokey.
    I'm having a little bit of stressful time here with our introduction (Cashmere tries so hard to be friend with Ginger, but Ginger is not happy about the whole thing yet) and food transition (kibble addict!!)
    Maybe this process will be more fun if I have a friend having the same pain. :smuggrin:

29. Dale 'n' Chip

Dale 'n' Chip Well-Known Member

Adorable! ♥ ♥ ♥

Frequent updates please!

30. LindaMS

LindaMS Well-Known Member

Our kitten, adopted July 4, is now 8 months and tearing around here like a freight train. She is also a tuxie (we just love them) and has helped to heal the hole left by the loss of our Sylvester this spring. Lizzie is a joy. Sammy (my OTJ almost 16 year old) is not all that impressed, but oddly enough they share a food plate. Sammy just really really wants Lizzie to understand that I am HER human, and that the kitten can have Daddy instead.

[​IMG]

31. Josie & Ripley (GA)

After much deliberation, DH and I have decided on... (drumroll, please)... Max!
    DH wants it to be short for Maxmillian, but I have a feeling it will be just Max 100% of the time. (Maybe his middle name can be PB...;))
    (A friend calls him Maxtrillion :p.)

Now that he's very comfortable in his home, I'm see his crazy kitten energy. Wow. I've forgotten how much zoominess and craziness and clumsiness little ones can have :nailbiting:. Tonight he scaled the baby gate in one smooth leap, and zoomed down the hall into the bedroom. He's going to be a handful. But the cutest little handful. :rolleyes:

His vetty visit went well last night. He got treated for ear mites. He was shaking like crazy, poor little guy, but was also showing off his impressive purr motor at the same time. At one point, he hid his head into my armpit, just like Ripley used to do while at the vet. It was bittersweet indeed.

I love the pic of Lizzie above. Those eyes! I'm a sucker for big, round eyes.

And Mariko, I'll be in touch... we can compare notes regarding the transition with our already-established girls.

Thanks again, everyone, for sharing in my joy!
    :kiss:

32. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

WOOT! Max is a perfect name - and he is absolutely a doll! I hope you post lots of pics for us so we can share in your joy, josie. :bighug::D

33. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Yay, Max! :) :) Poor guy, shaking at the vet, Tillie can sympathize.
    Liz

34. Amy&TrixieCat

Yay!! Love it....hope those nasty little mites are gone quickly. I love kitten energy...very entertaining! I can't wait to see more pictures and hear more stories!!

35. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Welcome, Max!! Great name. And a name that has good FDMB vibes. Josie, it looks like you will be pretty busy!!!

Hugs and scritches,

Ella & Rusty

36. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

Love it! Welcome Little Max! :bighug: More pics would be appreciated:joyful:

37. Rachel & Chyna (GA)

Rachel & Chyna (GA) Well-Known Member

It's always been hard for me to pick a name! Welcome sweet Max, to your furever home with some wonderful beans:). I was so happy to see you adopted when you posted on FB and was waiting for the "story":cat:. Again, I'm so happy for you Josie! He's a real cutie. Hugs:bighug:

38. tibbs5

tibbs5 Well-Known Member

tuxies are awesome. (not that i'm biased or anything :D)
    congratulations.

39. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

I'm partial to the name Max, as that was what we named our first kitty many years ago. It was short for Maximum Pain in the Neck, according to my husband (who adored him and was devastated when he crossed unexpectedly at age 11). We all look forward to hearing of his escapades, Josie, so please do keep us posted! :)

40. carfurby (GA)

I think Max is a great name. I'm glad the vetty visit went well. I hope the ear mites clear up quickly.

41. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Max is a great name. :) Congratulations!

It would be cool if our kitties could have a play date.

42. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

Adorable overload!!! Love the name.

43. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Max! What a great name you have. :) on the PB&J

44. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Welcome, Max! I agree Max is a great name. ANd it suits his serious little face, although that might just be concentration on how to wreck havoc! [​IMG] [​IMG]

45. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

We agree that Max is a GREAT name!!:)

46. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

I almost named our baby Tux Max too but he ended up being 'Stache' in honor of his milk moustache. More pics please!!

47. Paula

Paula Well-Known Member

Max is a great name! I'm sure you will have your hands full! He will keep you busy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.