? Nadir higher than test shot

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Btwinny, May 5, 2019.

1. Btwinny

Btwinny Member

Thoughts please..... Scouts spreadsheet is looking amazing but why the last couple days is her nadir higher than at amps or pmps? Is it possible it's time to stop insulin? Take a peak and let me know.

2. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

An 87 and a 69 for your PS numbers today! Woohoo! I don't see a dose for tonight, so I'm hoping that means you skipped?

3. Btwinny

Btwinny Member

I skipped!!! If she's under 90 at amps I'm thinking of skipping again. I'll come home for lunch at +6 and test again. (I'll even test in about 20 mins)

Djamila likes this.
  4. Djamila

I think that's a good idea to set a "skip" number for yourself so you aren't trying to decide. I'm excited to see that lower PS tonight. Keeping my fingers crossed for lots more of those!

5. Btwinny

Btwinny Member

Just did +2..... 73. So basically the same. . And I'm pretty sure she ate after I put the food back down *happy dance*

Djamila likes this.
  6. Djamila

7. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Lovely numbers! The slightly higher mid cycle test numbers really aren't much different than her PS numbers if you consider the meter variation. Five to ten points isn't much different ;). She's looking good though :cool::cool::cool::D:D:D

Btwinny likes this.
  8. Btwinny

Btwinny Member

She's been consistently at 73-77 since about 6:00 yesterday and we skipped last night and this morning shots. 24 hours no shots and holding strong!!!!

Djamila and Yong & Maury GA like this.
  9. Yong & Maury GA

Are you still planning to give a drop dose if she's over 90 for PS? I think it may benefit in the long run :)

Btwinny likes this.
  10. Djamila

Go little Scout! I love the smiley faces in your dose box from last night :).

11. Btwinny

Btwinny Member

She was 77 at amps so we skipped

Yong & Maury GA and Djamila like this.
  12. MamaMug

MamaMug Member

At the risk of being weird, I'm drooling over Scouts spreadsheet! I would love to have consistent green preshots. You guys are doing great!

Btwinny likes this.
  13. Btwinny

Btwinny Member

Thank you!!!! I'm beyond thrilled because it's only been 4.5 weeks. Lotta commitment and sooooo much help from everyone here and Facebook. I've seen other spreadsheets where the sugar babies have struggled for a long time. So proud of my sweet mama scout.

14. Btwinny

Btwinny Member

Pmps..... 85. We skipped again. :cat::cat:. I'm prepared (and maybe expecting) to start up dropping again. No way to know if she's ready to be OTJ then to just try it

Yong & Maury GA, Rachel and Djamila like this.
  15. Btwinny

Btwinny Member

@Djamila will you take a look at Scouts SS? Am I rushing it? No shot since Sunday morning.

16. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Looking over the SS, she's looking amazing! I think you've been handling this just right. Skipping at the those lower greens is the right choice. Even on the days that she's gone up to a low blue number mid cycle, she's brought herself back down by the next preshot, showing that her pancreas are definitely helping out!

MamaMug and Btwinny like this.
  17. Btwinny

Btwinny Member

Good. I'm still not entirely sure if she's falling inside the normal range. Is 50-100 fine? It doesn't need to be closer to 50 on a regular basis? And what's next.... 14 days straight if no shot is officially remission?

18. Btwinny

Btwinny Member

We just did a test (-2 amps) and she was 102. Is it normal for a kitty to hit that low in the 100s? She most likely ate an hour ago.

19. Djamila

I wouldn't worry about the 102 just yet. And since you're on Day 4, I would just ride it out and skip the shot. Let's see if she can correct on her own. If she's still high tonight we might have to think about a drop again, but I'm going to keep my fingers crossed it's just a little morning spike which isn't all that uncommon.

20. Djamila

If she's really going to hold her own, eating shouldn't be causing a spike anymore, unless she ate something carb-y. The dawn effect is real though - numbers are often a little higher first thing in the morning. We want to see that go away over the next few days, but I would just watch and wait on this one. It's still a good number.

21. Btwinny

Btwinny Member

Great. . I'm running errands but I pulled the food after the 102 and will go for a non-food influenced shot as soon as I get home

22. Btwinny

Btwinny Member

@Djamila she was 86 when I got home... Empty belly. Keep testing and just see if it stays under 100?

23. Djamila

Looking good. You can probably start skipping those +9 and +10 tests (unless you just like doing them). :D

24. Btwinny

Btwinny Member

She definitely came back down today. I'm still testing just to see where's she's at during the day. I'll do the test for a few more days at amps and pmps just in case. Probably pull the food too just to get an accurate number. Definitely not coming home from lunch tho. Lol. Man.... I'm so proud of my girl!!! She's so energetic now!! Plays and runs all over.

Thank you soooooooooooooooooo much for all the guidance you've given me the last couple weeks. We both thank you.

Yong & Maury GA and MamaMug like this.
  25. Djamila

We generally say to test (at least) AMPS and PMPS for 14 days of no shots. If they stay green the whole time, you can call her a diet-controlled diabetic. Our sugar cat are always diabetic, but some of them heal enough to be controlled by diet alone. After the 14 days, we all throw a big party and then you should continue to test once every couple of days for awhile. Then once/week for life. Unfortunately we have a lot of repeat offenders here, so you'll want to keep a close eye on her numbers forever.

Rachel and MamaMug like this.
  26. Btwinny

Btwinny Member

It's definitely going to be a long 14 days but we're 4 days in already. Woohooooo!!

Djamila likes this.
  27. Yong & Maury GA

*antijinxing* but looking _________ :D:D:D!

Btwinny likes this.
  28. Btwinny

Btwinny Member

She's doing amazing!!!!!!! Less than 10 days to go!!!!

Yong & Maury GA, Rachel and Djamila like this.
  29. Daddy Jack's Mommy (GA)

Daddy Jack's Mommy (GA) Well-Known Member

Scout's numbers look marvelous!

MamaMug likes this.
  30. Btwinny

Btwinny Member

Thank you!! Every day looks better and better. Not outside 100 for almost a week with a steady average of about 70.