Need help to loose weight

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by SashaV, Sep 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Just got home from the vet, Mauer most likely has neuropathy in her right front leg. My vet will read up on b12 for that.

Now to the issue. I switched her to a raw diet and since she's been gaining weight. In 2018 she was at 6.8kg and way to fat. She lost weight and got down to 5.2kg at the time of diagnosis. This was in March 2020. Today at the vet's office she was at 7.5kg, she gained 2.3 kilograms in a few months!!!!!

With her leg being what it is, I haven't been pushing her to exercise and move around. Actually I've been carrying her, huge mistake I now realize. I'll stop doing that right away.

She's getting absolutely NO dry food at all, she gets raw before her shots and canned food available always.
    I'll try to switch the raw food to a low fat diet.

I'll take her for a walk in my garden in a leash once daily, and I'll get started on fencing it so she and her brother can run freely in a safe environment.

5.5kg is a an ideal weight for her, so we have a heck of a lot of weight to lose!

She doesn't like to play, food won't get her moving. I don't know what else to do?
    As safe and as fast as possible.

I'm so disappointed and sad that I've let it go this far. She's not just fat and overweight. She's like REALLY FAT! With her age, diabetes, possible neuropathy and generally her joints... it's sad and discouraging.
    Oh my God she is unhealthy fat :banghead::arghh::(

I need help getting her down in weight, every tip you have is much appreciated!!!!

2. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

"Sounds" like her diet is good. Activity would help greatly. Will she chase a laizer pointer? My Zoe wont but she chases anything else. Will she walk on a leash? Even a short daily stroll will help. I wish you much luck. I know its not easy.:bighug:
    j

3. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Her diet is to fat. And she's limping so i don't wanna force her to move.
    She's walking fine in a leash no problem there at least! Lol

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  4. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Just moving around is better than not. My knees are bad I had to start walking because the pool water is too warm to swim. I wake up with knee pain and say ok only once around the block is better than not doing it at all. Any movement helps.

5. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Exactly. Any movement it better than none.
    Sounds bad with the knee!

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.