Need help with dosing!

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Ickes, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Ickes

Ickes Member

I updated my spreadsheet and would like some advice on what to do with dosing. Noah is a bouncy cat for sure. Every single time without fail when he drops into the 100's and sometimes even in the lower 200's he seems to bounce. He has even hit some 400's again which is very upsetting to me because he was doing so well. As I noted on the spreadsheet he did get into some dry cat food while I was at work one night (it has been completely removed from the house now-my parents live on the lower level and they have cats) so I understood why his blood sugars were high that night and even the next day they dropped back down to the 100's and then he bounces back up to 400's. I realize this is just his body and there is nothing I can do but I was wondering if anyone has dealt with this before. He is currently on prozinc 3.25 units as he went really low and I have been slowing working back up. I am moving him back 15 minutes to 1/2 hour each day this week until we get back to normal shot time as I work so I really need to get him back to 9:00 am and 9:00 pm shot time if I can. Should I go ahead and move him to 3.5 now? He has been on the 3.25 units for several days now (9 days) and his numbers are pretty much all over. I thought I would keep him here to give him time to adjust a little longer. It has been a couple weeks since he got into dry food. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Hey there! Okay so I am at work and checking the SS on my phone which makes it harder to analyze....can’t see as much st once. My take on this is that Noah seems to have a pretty much immediate response to insulin changes...then bounces from the low numbers. However it looks like he’s staying fairly steady in the last few days...for a bouncy cat lol. He’s had the occasional blue but preshots have been higher yellows or pinks with reds mixed in recently and he hasn’t dropped as low. So yes I think I’d increase to 3.5. With that said I will try to check your SS later tonight or tomorrow on a computer where I can see history better just to see if I missed anything. :)

Djamila likes this.
  3. Ickes

Ickes Member

Great! Thank you. I changed his dose to 3.5. He just seems to bounce after some really good low numbers and has went really low at shot time several times. I would appreciate any help or input. He is happy and doing great otherwise. I know he will never have perfect blood sugars but would like to keep him out of the 400 range and 100 to 300 range.