Need help with Monty's food. Is it healthy?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Monty's mom Fenjah, Apr 21, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Monty's mom Fenjah

Monty's mom Fenjah Member

Hi friends!
    As some of you know I have been struggling to find a wet food with a low carb that Monty wants to eat!
    The only wet food Monty has ever liked is Weruva Paw Lickin' Chicken! It only has 3% carbs so that's good however I live in Denmark and no stores og shops sell it in Denmark.
    I have contacted a friend of mine working for Weruva and last week he shipped me a big box of food and Monty is so excited!
    Last week I bought Ziwipeek dry food chicken and he likes it.

Now my question is:
    Is Weruva Paw Lickin' Chicken a healthy full meal for him to eat?

I have planned on starting feeding him this from today:
    50% Weruva wet food and 50% Ziwipeek dry food. (edit: it is freeze dried food and low carb)
    The only reason I am not going 100% on Weruva right this minute is of course that he should get used to it but also because I only have for like 2 months of food and it can be tricky to import to Denmark so I want to make sure that I have enough until I can get more.

A week ago he was eating Royal Canin Diabetic dry food and around 2 tablespoon of Royal Canin diabetic wet food. So I think it is a big improvement.

But what do you think?
    Is 50% Weruva wet food Paw Lickin' Chicken and 50% Ziwipeek Chicken dry food (edit: it is freeze dried food and low carb) a healthy full meal plan for him?

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
  2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Mikala
    I think the Paw Lickin’ Chicken is fine as far as nutritional value goes. It has 196 mg phosphorus/100 kcals which is ok for cats with kidney issues looking for a lower phosphorus level in the food. And I think the ziwi peak dry food is good quality as well.
    I think it is a good idea to have at least two foods for him to eat.
    Does Monty like any of the other Weruva flavours or other ziwi peak flavours?
    My only concern would be Monty might get sick of it if he is eating the same food all the time. Maybe not.
    It’s far better than the Royal canin diabetic dry food!

3. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Is ziwipeak considered dryfood?
    And is it possible to do TR on ziwipeak?
    We'll keep trying to find something he likes. But literally all his food is imported from the farthest corners of the world :p:p

4. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

The air or freeze dried food is not like high carb dry food. It is a low carb food so yes you can do TR when feeding the ziwi peak dry food.

5. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Wonderful! Thanks Bron :bighug:

Bron and Sheba (GA) likes this.
  6. Nikki D.

Nikki D. New Member

Have you ever tried Farmina? International brand, based in Italy. Nutritionist at Farmina might be able to answer Q for you on percentages to see if any of their wet foods might work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.