need to buy ONE levemir cart....anyone?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Melissa&Paul-Kyle, Jan 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melissa&Paul-Kyle

Melissa&Paul-Kyle Well-Known Member

I am in WV and I have been advised shipping L's this time of year is questionable...but we are gonna need one soon and I need to start planning.

Maybe someone in nearby state? TN, VA, OH, PA, MD or even in WV?

Maybe we can arrange for shipping when 3 or 4 days expected to be "warmer"?

I can NOT pay for overnight...I CAN pay about $5 for shipping priority, though.

Please let me know... Anyone "visiting" that would like to spread the word is appreciated, thank you.

ETA- cuz I cain't spell!

2. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin Well-Known Member

I am on our last one. Sorry.

And agree, it's not advisable to mail insulin this time of year. You don't know what conditions it is shipped under - truck trailers are not heated.

3. pamela and tigger

pamela and tigger Well-Known Member

Sorry, I am on my last one too Melissa. :( Maybe put this on Community too?

4. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA Well-Known Member

I too only have one unopened one left.... I am hoping that I don't need it, but not sure I should get rid of it just yet..... its sort of an "antijinx" thing to keep it, ya'know?

5. Terri and Lucy

Terri and Lucy Member

Sorry--I've only got one left too.

6. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin Well-Known Member

Maybe post a Lev wanted notice on Supply Closet?

7. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA Well-Known Member

maybe some of you "only one left" peeps could split an order?

8. Melissa&Paul-Kyle

I'd be concerned about spiltting an order right now b/c of the freezing weather...Not sure where Terri is, but the rest if us are NY, WV and IL, right? And Mal is Canada...pretty well some of the coldest places on earth right now! :)

Great idea for splitting when the weather is nicer...The cold effecting my shipment is one thing, but I'd hate to risk FIVE shipments!

I have a PM into Sherri and Stash I think it is...she posted on supply closet and is in PA...has one pen to sell....waiting to hear back.

I'll PM the gal that lives near me in WV and see if she can sell one.

If all else fails I have the free lantus, bu tI was hoping ot pass that on to someone that needs it and uses lantus...I may just have to bust out the cc and order 5 carts. *sigh

Thanks for responding, though! :smile:

9. Terri and Lucy

Terri and Lucy Member

The vet informed me yesterday that Lucy is going to live to 25, so I would be willing to split a prescription with you Melissa. I'm in North Carolina. How much do you have left on your current pen?

10. Michele&Molly

Michele&Molly Member

Hey Melissa - I too only have one cart left. Even if i had more, you're right, you wouldn't want it from me in New York where it's 23F right now.

I guess i'm going to need to order more myself soon. I ordered mine from Canada and i had no problems (other than Molly's recent 400's of course). Last i heard, you now need an Rx even when ordering on-line from Canada.

Oh and Terri - Lucy's going to live to 25? I'm convinced that Molly is going to outlive us all (including me and i'm only 38 :smile: ).

11. Melissa&Paul-Kyle

Hi Terri,

Maybe 2 or 3 weeks worth, I guess...I keep mine covered so I don't know the exact amount, but the last one lasted about 2 months and I am a little over a month into this one I think.

I order from canadadrugs...If I can't buy the pen from sherri and scar, I'll look into finding money to order.

When do you need more?

btw- I posted on the old board when I started feeding +9 to thank you for the idea even if it took me a month to activate it!

I am wondering now though, it seems like a fluke that it worked- moved his nadir from +12 to +9 and shortened the drops and peaks...

I may be confusing the not working with need for less or more insulin and really don't know...I posted about this, if you feel weel enough and have the time to look and write what you think...?

Thanks

12. Terri and Lucy

Terri and Lucy Member

I won't need more insulin until summer but I would be happy to order early if it will help you. The only thing is though that I want to order from my local pharmacy (family owned) as part of my sustainability commitment to buying locally.

As for the food, if food moves peak up so that you can shoot twice without worry, then it's working the way it should. The timing of food is an important part of any treatment protocol. I'll try and find you post on the old board and get back to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.