Neoral® cyclosporin ?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Anyname, Apr 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anyname

Anyname Member

Neoral is an immune suppressant drug. LB started on 25mgs a day yesterday. LB is on lantus and vet says he will never go into remission. Been 2 yrs on Lantus. The eosinophilic granuloma on the back of his tongue has become very large. It's seeping on to his bed at night. The options are surgery (we are going to talk to a surgeon about it but it's a big deal for a cat like LB). Or steriods. Not a good idea as LB weighs 10 kilos and is 12 yrs old. We've done our best with diet and Neoral seems the only option left now. It is not without its risks. They give this drug to people who've had organ transplants. Any thoughts out there?

2. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

Vinnie just started on Atopica......same thing. He has an auto immune disease, almost like a lupus. I don't think there are any tests or skin biopsies left to do........his body is being attacked. He is also on Clindamycin because we haven't gotten the titers down as low as possible for the toxoplasmosis so I give him his Clindamycin separate from his Cyclosporin. I do know to watch for vomiting first, then anorexia and diarrhea . Drug book also says 1 hr. before a meal or 2 hrs. after. Neoral and Atopica same thing just different brand. Vinnie has backed off with his appetite since starting drug Sat. night so will be calling IM vet tomorrow.

3. Anyname

Anyname Member

Little Boy has stopped eating too. If it wasn't for fear of Fatty liver I'd be celebrating.... LB weighs 22lbs. We didn't go down the path of dermatology testing. If lump on tongue were cancer he'd have lost weight - not gained it! :eek: (not my fault as had to go to England for 4 weeks when DD had first baby and cattery fattened him up). Keep me posted on how Vinnie is going. What breed is Vinnie? What age and what diet do you feed? WAtch out for grass. Bugs in grass seem to really upset LB.

4. Anyname

Anyname Member

Hope, I PM'd you back but no response as yet. I am never sure if I am managing to work PMing correctly. I don't know if the person has chosen not to respond or my message didn't actually make it. :sad:

5. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

No PM has come through. Can you try again?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.