Neoral?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Anyname, Apr 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anyname

Anyname Member

Neoral is an immune suppressant drug. LB started on 25mgs a day yesterday. I'm posting on Lantus TR because of the exposure this forum has to knowledgable people. LB is on lantus and vet says he will never go into remission. Been 2 yrs on Lantus. The eosinophilic granuloma on the back of his tongue has become very large. It's seeping on to his bed at night. The options are surgery (we are going to talk to a surgeon about it but it's a big deal for a cat like LB). Or steriods. Not a good idea as LB weighs 10kilos and is 12 yrs old. We've done our best with diet and Neoral seems the only option left now. It is not without its risks. They give this drug to people who've had organ transplants. Any thoughts out there?

2. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

I'm very sorry about the eosinophilic granuloma. I hope the drug will help him. (((Marilyn)))

I love seeing Little Boy face. :D

3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I'm not familiar with the drug. I hope you thought to cross post on Health.

4. Tena and Curry(GA)

Tena and Curry(GA) Well-Known Member

Gosh LB and BigMac look like twins. Two very handsome guys.

Hope and praying for a for a good, positive response for Little Boy.

5. Anyname

Anyname Member

I loved watching the tribute video to Big Mac. When they were little they were almost identical! Both very gentle cats - amazing given their size. I've started making LB walk by taking him to the other end of the local park and having him follow me home several times a day! But he isn't feeling too well on this new drug. Vet says he might settle down on it after a few days. It can have very serious side effects by suppressing his immune system too much - allowing latent virus's to rear up.

6. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

i don't know anything about it, marilyn, but just wanted to say hi and wish you the best with little boy! i hope the new meds help.

7. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

I'd never heard of it but on a quick google search it doesn't look like something you want to be giving long term :sad:

8. Tena and Curry(GA)

Tena and Curry(GA) Well-Known Member

I had heard that is one possible treatment for asthma in kitties. Maybe joining the yahoo feline asthma group and asking if anyone has had their kitty on this med.

Keep us posted on how LB is doing, k?

hugs
    tena

9. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry not to be of help with your question, but we wish the best for LB and hope that this drug will work for him. Sending lots and lots of healing vines,

Ella & Rusty

10. carolyn & jesse (GA) & spock

carolyn & jesse (GA) & spock Well-Known Member

My FIV+ civvie Johnny had severe stomatitis. Having all of his teeth extracted helped but he still had a lot of pain when eating. I gave him Neoral for about a year. He's had no ill effects and is fine now. Not sure if that helps...

11. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

:sad: I'm sorry to hear this .. I hope the meds work for LB ..

12. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about this. No advice, just hugs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.