Never had this low of amps before help.

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by JenaThompson, Oct 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JenaThompson

JenaThompson Member

So opi still isn’t ok w me testing again yet since his antibiotics. Most days it’s a struggle but some days he comes right out. This morning he was waiting at the table for me which he hasn’t done in forever. He tested at 51. He is eating now and no shot this morning. Do you think it’s time to try off the juice trial.

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  2. JenaThompson

JenaThompson Member

So I fed him and he was 131 an hr later so I gave him his shot of 0.1. Will be watching him today and hoping he doesn’t try to hide. And then I just need to get him back on track for time but wondering if it happens again should I just not give him a shot

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  3. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you didn't get a reply-- I'm not a Prozinc person so I don't like to give specific recommendations on shooting or dosage, but he sure looks close to an OTJ trial!

On Lantus, we do one dose below the 0.1U. You push the plunger in as far as it will go, insert the syringe into the vial, then release the plunger to let the vacuum suck up a tiny bit of insulin. Not sure if you do something similar on Prozinc. Another way to get tiny doses is to count drops. To calibrate doses, you draw up an easy-to measure dose, like 0.5U, then slowly let it out to get a count of drops in that dose. So if it's 15 drops (picked for easy divisibility, ahem), then 0.1U is 3 drops, you would get it by drawing the 0.5U and letting out 12, and then you would have two more stops along the way.

Whatever the next step is, he's looking great!

4. JenaThompson

JenaThompson Member

We discussed the off the juice trial before he is getting 1 drop right now as a dose I have just been putting 0.1 bc I don’t know how else to write it.

5. Nan & Amber (GA)

Looks like you're at the last stop then ;)!

6. Nan & Amber (GA)

I will say that (keeping in mind, again, my experience is with Lantus) usually we like to see more green on the spreadsheet before starting an OTJ trial. Opi is still pretty much hanging out in blues most of the time. This morning's AMPS is encouraging, though-- he's probably going into greens during some times you aren't able to test, like overnight. So, he's close!

7. JenaThompson

JenaThompson Member

Sounds good. He was meds for 2 weeks so he hid from me a bunch and he still isn’t a fan of being tested again yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.