New bottle of prozinc insulin left out of frig for12 hours.

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Logan & Sandy, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Logan & Sandy

Logan & Sandy Member

Hi folks,, I bought a brand new bottle of Prozinc Insulin yesterday and at 730pm we forgot to put it back in Frig,, which i didn't realize till this AM,.. is it still good, or do we have to replace our brand new bottle?

2. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

It's still good. Keeping it in the fridge makes it last longer.
    As long as there are no floating particles once you have remixed the insulin back into suspension. all should be well with your new bottle of Prozinc.

p.s. You wouldn't be the first person to have forgotten to put the insulin back in the fridge.

Logan & Sandy likes this.
  3. Logan & Sandy

Logan & Sandy Member

Thankyou Deb! i could have kicked myself when i realized that this morning!! hope you are doing well. Sandy

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
    Deb & Wink likes this.
  4. Deb & Wink

5. Logan & Sandy

Logan & Sandy Member

I just can't let this happen again!!!!

Deb & Wink likes this.
  6. Deb & Wink

I have a friend that takes care of her granddaughter a couple of days a week. She has what she calls her "Willa checklist", of things she must do before her granddaughter comes over for the day.

So how about making yourself something similar, a "Logan checklist", to remind yourself to check things each day.
    Maybe keep the checklist posted on your fridge? Or where you keep the testing meter and supplies? Or someplace else to remind you to check?

Some people keep a mug with 2 insulin needles in it, so they know they gave their cat both doses for the day. So something similar, to remind you to put the insulin away after drawing out the insulin? Maybe have the note taped to the mug with the 2 insulin needles, near your fridge?

Life gets hectic for sure. I have my own daily checklists, to remind myself to do things that might slip through the cracks.

7. Logan & Sandy

Logan & Sandy Member

generally after i fill up the syringe i put the bottle back in frig, right away, verses putting it on counter.., but yesterday evening i had someone else do the shot,..but i was standing right there.. and i should have noticed it.. i do have a book i keep for logan.. dates time fed and time shot with amps and pmps on it as well,.. but no checkoff bottle in frig,,

Deb & Wink likes this.