New diabetes diagnosis now has Stage2/3Kidney Disease

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by lozza12, Jan 20, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lozza12

lozza12 Member

Hi we took Diamaris to the vet this morning as he hasn't eaten very much in the past 3 days. He ate nothing at all from last night to this morning. Vets have run tests, kept him in. Called to say he's dehydrated, not peeing, not drinking, not eating. Levels are all high marked for kidney disease stahe 2/3. Have an appt to go down at 5pm, vet says she's very worried about him. She kept emphasising hiw worried they wer about him. Can cats live with diabetes and kidney disease?

2. Erin Ethan

Erin Ethan Member

3. Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA)

Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA) Well-Known Member

I just read the other thread. Have they checked for b12 deficiency? My Bobo is stage 2 of CKD and when he stopped eating a few weeks ago it was due to b12. He’s getting shots every 2 weeks and eating fine now

Erin Ethan likes this.
  4. lozza12

lozza12 Member

Hi
    Sadly Diamaris passed away tonight in my arms. The vet called to say he had taken a turn for the worse and that his wee body was shutting down I'm broken xxx

5. Veronica & Babu-chiri

Veronica & Babu-chiri Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss

lozza12 likes this.
  6. Erin Ethan

Erin Ethan Member

Oh no :(. I'm so sorry to hear about Diamaris, @lozza12. Sending my deepest sympathies. :rb_icon:

lozza12 likes this.
  7. Chrispooky12

Chrispooky12 Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss:rb_icon:

8. Melinda and Kitkat

Melinda and Kitkat Member

Sweet wee Diamaris, so sorry it was your time to go.cat_wings>o
    My heart breaks for you Lozza, reading back a bit through your thread we can all see how you tried your best, did everything you could, showered him with love, medical care and all the attention a kitty deserves. In such a short time you truly did all you could to learn how best to help him, and he surely felt that love and your compassion to let him go. :bighug::bighug::bighug: You rescued him and gave him a loving home, and held him softly as he passed. He was up against some tough odds, and you were the one who helped him through it. Please take care, he is now with all the other kitties so dearly loved. :rb_icon:

9. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

I'm so so sorry , Fly high sweet boy you will be missed but never forgotten :bighug::bighug:
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.