New(ish) food available in the UK

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Tom & Monty, Jan 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom & Monty

Tom & Monty Member

Zooplus has released its own brand of food under the brand name "Rosie's Farm" which seems to be a cheaper alternative to Lily's Kitchen.

I've worked up the analytical constituents here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...2ukWjOkaN7wFowcvriB6z-GlDlhjQF52d_eG/pubhtml#

The summary is that I'd feel comfortable feeding two of their flavours to my own cat, Monty - the "Two Bird Casserole" and the "Farmer's Hash" varieties. The other flavours they have available are a bit higher in carbs at 5.5% and 9% - it might be worthwhile for folks to have these two as MC options for emergencies.

It's about 30% cheaper than Lily's Kitchen, however Lily's Kitchen varieties are mostly 0% carbs and likely use better ingredients. I'll be continuing to feed Monty Lily's Kitchen and feed Rosie's farm to his non-diabetic sister.

2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Tom, thanks for the info. Hope Monty and Molly are well. :)

@teetee (UK)

Tom & Monty and Teetee (UK) like this.
  3. Diana&Tom

Diana&Tom Well-Known Member

4. Teetee (UK)

Teetee (UK) Member

That doesn't look too bad, i might get some of the Lamb and Chicken next when ordering from Zooplus as that's the lowest carbs. Shame it doesn't mention the phosphorus content as i like to keep Duke on a fairly low phosphorus food.
    Tee.

5. Tom & Monty

Tom & Monty Member

They are well thanks :). Monty has been on a diet to bring him down from 6.1kg to 5.7kg and he's losing it slowly, BG holding well in remission.

Molly has lost a bit of weight and smelled different for a few days (her fur, not her breath) so I was a bit worried, but London is in "tier 4 lockdown" at the moment so it's difficult to get a vet appointment. Luckily her smell has returned to normal today and I'm getting more food in her but still keen for the vet to take a look. I tested her BG because why not and she's healthy in that department so not sure what's wrong with her yet. I haven't has much time at all to play with her the last two weeks so maybe it's stress related.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  6. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

I find that our civvie Budge has begun to feel left out in the last year after all the attention we are giving to Bandits diabetes. So we are giving her extra rubs and hugs and attention! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.