New Member a little too late.

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Cathy Norman, Oct 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cathy Norman

Cathy Norman New Member

Hello my friends. I have been following your wonderful board for about a year and a half now, just about the time that my sweet Lily Pearl was diagnosed with diabetes. She was a beautiful white cat with one blue eye and one green eye. Even though I did not post, I read many of yours and gained the knowledge and the strength to deal with Lily Pearl's disease in a way that made her comfortable and happy. Unfortunately, she passed away a week ago from fluid around the lungs. She could not breathe and there was no time for diagnosis and treatment. However, she was 16 and had enjoyed a long and adventurous life. I am writing now because I have a used AlphaTrak 2 testing meter and an unopened box of 50 strips that I would like to donate. What is the right way to go about doing this? Again, thank you for the wisdom and support that Lily Pearl and I gained from all of you.

2. Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA)

Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA) Well-Known Member

Awww thank you for your post and I’m so very sorry for your loss :bighug::bighug::bighug:

it sounds like she was very loved and had a happy life. Thank you and RIP Lily :rb_icon:cat_wings>o:rb_icon:

would you share a pic of her with us?

tagging @Chris & China (GA) who I believe works with an organization that helps diabetic cat owners who need financial help

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  3. Howiesmom

Howiesmom Member

Hi Cathy, I am so sorry to hear about Lily Pearl’s passing. It is just so difficult and unbearable to think about. I’m sure she was a magnificent addition to your life. As for the supplies, there is a “Supply Closet” on the forum that you can post your items to. I see some people selling things and other people wanting to donate to someone in need. Big hugs to you.

4. Kate MacCorkle

Kate MacCorkle Member

Hi Cathy, I'm so sorry for your loss. She sounds like a beloved and beautiful cat.

5. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear of the loss of your dear Lily Pearl. I'm sure she was very much loved and will be missed.

DCIN does help low income caregivers, but we don't use the AlphaTrak because of the cost of the strips, but thank you for wanting to help another sugarcat mom or dad.

The supply closet is probably your best bet.

6. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I’m so sorry for your loss. I lost my boy to the same thing. It was CHF. They tried to drain the fluid but it came right back. I know how you feel. :bighug:

7. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry Lily Pearl has had to leave you :rb_icon:cat_wings>o

8. Cathy Norman

Cathy Norman New Member

The vet mentioned that one diagnosis could be CHF, and that would be the worse. So sorry about your sweet boy.

9. Cathy Norman

Cathy Norman New Member

Oh, thank you so much. I was surprised at how painful it was. However, I reached out to friends and family and got a lot of advice and it helped.

10. Cathy Norman

Cathy Norman New Member

I will check out the supply closet. Thank you so much!

11. Cathy Norman

Cathy Norman New Member

My kitty looked a lot like your China. So beautiful!

12. Cathy Norman

Cathy Norman New Member

Oh yes, and thank you so very much.

13. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss, my heart goes out to you
    Fly high sweet Lily Pearl cat_wings>o

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.