New Member - Carb Count in Special Kitty Pate

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Ann and Blackie, Mar 30, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ann and Blackie

Ann and Blackie New Member

I read in this group that Walmart's Special Kitty Classic Pate 13 oz is lower in carbs but couldn't find it listed on the Cat Food - Nutritional Composition Chart by Dr. Pierson. It comes in different flavors and I would like to know the breakdown of each. My diabetic kitty is happy with his low carb pate, but I need something less expensive for all my outdoor stray furbabies. They're missing their usual dry food something terrible but I'm hoping they will like Special Kitty. Thanks for all you do!

2. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

3. Ann and Blackie

I don't see it on your list, Christie. I have read some old posts where it was recommended because of the lower carbs and for value. I was wondering how they knew it was lower in carbs if it wasn't on Dr. Pierson's list. I also read that Walmart never responded to Dr. Pierson's request for carb count, but maybe they have by now. Others were not using it because of rebate warnings in previous years. I would also like to know what the status of the recommendation is now. Thanks!

4. Christie & Maverick

Oh sorry, Ann, it's a bit weird, the SS open source to the Canadian tab, but if you look at the bottom of the SS, there is a second tab for ingredients and photos, then a third tab called US Special Kitty for Lucy.

I can see Chunky chicken and tuna, mixed grill and turkey&giblet. When I get back on my desktop computer, I'll try and copy an excerpt, if you still can't see it. I'm on my iPad at the moment.

5. Ann and Blackie

I found the section you're referring to but it may not be Walmart's Special Kitty brand. If I'm reading it correctly, it states 22oz and 1% carbs, but Walmart's is only 13oz. There are probably other cat food Special Kitty products.

6. Christie & Maverick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.