New Member - Prozinc Issues Fast Acting

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by jpalmerzt, Mar 9, 2022.

1. jpalmerzt

jpalmerzt Member

Hi all,

Duplicated as heading needed (New Member)

I am new to the forum but have a manx cat called Cadbury who diabetic and has been for some time. He's 17 and still very active for his age but last night after opening a new bottle of Prozinc and administering his normal dose he went into a hypo and collapsed with reading 1.6mmol

We rushed him to the vets as all options of syrup and food were not working. The vet gave an glucose shot and his level shot up to 15.8 and he was able to come home in few hours he collapsed again and was rushed back with him in looking like he was fitting, I was in bits and another shot was given but it looked the worst and he was gonna die.

I nearly gave the decision to have him put down as it looked like nothing was working and he was suffering. In moments before we were going to he came around and began responding. He's currently in intensive cat care and being looked after.

On front without point fingers, this appeared to since I gave the shot from the brand new vial given the circumstance and that he's been on it for so long with no real major problems and was fine on the earlier bottle which had just finished.

I am mortified and traumatised by the experience I faced and I have been advised he perked up but his levels are a little unstable so they have kept him in on with all the necessities he needs.

Ultimately what I am trying to understand is if anyone else has ever experiences and issue like this with Prozinc or other insulin and can they been a dogdy vile or batch and or is theis likely caused by something else?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated right now.

2. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Replied in other thread