Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by wenfen, Apr 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wenfen

wenfen New Member

Hello everyone. I'm Wendy & my Sugar baby is Sammy, a 12 year old Tabby that was diagnosed with FD 10/26/20. He's also been diagnosed with Acromegaly with a IGF-1 of 434 & is currently unregulated & on Lantus 12 units 2X per day. He also just started 0.70 dose of Cabergoline (started every 72 hours, currently every 48 hours) last week & has a Libre on him for 24 monitoring. We've been using the Pettest glucometer 3X per day (AM pre-shot +6 Nadir & PM pre-shot) since his diagnosis & his numbers continue to be all over the place. We're hoping that the Cabergoline will help to lower his insulin dose & get his numbers down to where he needs to be.
    I would appreciate any info on Cabergoline from other Acro pet parents. TIA & happy to be here!

2. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Wendy sorry I can't help you , I would add to your title Questions about acro kitty and cabergoline .
    You would get more eyes on it :cat:

3. wenfen

wenfen New Member

OK Thanks so much...Will do!

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  4. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Wendy and Sammy and welcome to the forum. :)
    We have quite a few Acro kitties here and some on Cabergoline
    I am going to tag @Wendy&Neko for you as Wendy is very experienced with Acro kitties.

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

The other Wendy (and Sammy) has posted on the acro forum as well today and getting help there.

Bron and Sheba (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.