Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by laura scalley, Oct 4, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. laura scalley

laura scalley New Member

Hi my name is Laura and my cat is Mikey. He was diagnosed with diabetes about a year ago. We started out with vetsulin but shortly switched to prozinc which he is still on. Mikey is eleven years old and over 15lb. He eats purina dm, fancy feast and tiki cat. I just wanted to introduce ourselves and learn how to use the site. Thanks

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Welcome to the FDMB Laura and sugarcat Mikey!

Which D/M are you feeding? If it's the kibble or "Selects", it's too high in carbs. The pate is OK but there's absolutely nothing special in it that means it's worth over $2 a can! It does nothing to treat diabetes either. The only really good thing about it is it's all 100% guaranteed! A lot of us that started on it and learned we didn't need it returned it and told our vet our cat wouldn't eat it anymore.

To better help you we need some more info about Mikey and the best place to put it is in your "Signature"

To set up your signature:
    Go all the way up top to your name and tap on it.... a drop box will appear , you will see the word "signature", tap that and a new box will open for you to enter his info and then hit "save".

Take a look at my signature about my China... all signatures are at the end of everyone's posts in gray

Add info we need to help you:
    • Caregiver & kitty's name
    • DX: Date
    • Name of Insulin (do not include dose or frequency)
    • Name of your meter
    • Diet: "LC wet" or "dry food" or "combo"
    • Dosing: TR or SLGS or Custom (if applicable)
    • DKA or other recent health issue or medications? (if applicable)
    • Acro, IAA, or Cushings (if applicable)
    • Spreadsheet link. Please put the signature link on the bottom line of your signature information, on its own, so it is easy to find.
    Here's the Link to setting up the FDMB spreadsheet. If spreadsheet's aren't your thing, feel free to send me a private message by clicking on my name and choosing "Start a conversation". I'd be happy to start one for you once I get some information.

For now, while you're getting used to the site, your best bet is to continue posting here in the Feline Health (Welcome and Main forum). As you get your paws under you a little more, you may want to post over in the ProZinc forum but it doesn't generally get the amount of traffic this forum does. (but there is some good information for you to read at the top of the forum...they're called the "Sticky's".)

Hope you and Mikey will enjoy being a member of the best place you never wanted to be!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.