New to ProZinc

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Vicky & Sharess, Dec 26, 2022.

1. Vicky & Sharess

Vicky & Sharess Member

Hello everyone from Malaga, Spain!

I am Vicky. This is first post on Prozinc group. Before that I was with Caninsulin. My princess Sharess was diagnosed with diabetes on December 13th and I am still learning as fast as I can. Many of you have already helped me a lot in the welcome group, and I just created the Spreadsheet. I'm scared to death with the numbers, but my vet has told me to be patient. Any advice? Acording with your expertise, how long do you think I will see any improvement in my baby?

Merry Christmas and thanks a lot in advance!

2. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Hi there! I am so glad that you have a spreadsheet. Right now, just keep up with the testing and following the SLGS protocol. It does look like she is going to need an increase after she has been on this dose for one week, but we will see. I understand what it’s like to see horrible numbers in your cat. Are you testing for ketones? Does she have any history of DKA? May I ask if your blood glucose meter is a pet meter or a human meter?

Vicky & Sharess likes this.
  3. Suzanne & Darcy

Oh by the way, welcome to the ProZinc forum!

4. Vicky & Sharess

Vicky & Sharess Member

Hi Susan! Thank you very much for answering. My glucometer is human and I am waiting for the arrival of FreeStyle 3 to implant it in the skin, but it has not arrived yet.

The vet has done 2 tests looking for ketones and hasn't found anything yet. fingers crossed :)

You can see the results of the analytics in the tab of my Spreadsheet. I have 2 tabs: the "LABS" tab with the data, and the "Spanish LAB" tab with the images of the results, since the conversion of some laboratory terminology into English was a bit difficult for me ^_^!

Thanks a lot for the welcoming!! <3

5. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

@Vicky & Sharess
    Here is your previous post from the main forum
    https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/new-to-the-forum-i-need-your-expertise.272174/#post-3028490

Hi Vicky I see you posted on your other post which is in blue above , I answeted you over there and tagged Melissa who is a prozinc user for advice
    Please go over there and read it.
    Also Melissa suggested you continue to post on the Main Forum because not many prozinc users go there, in case Melissa isn't around posting in the Main Forum has more eyes on there if you need help :cat:

Last edited: Dec 26, 2022
  6. Suzanne & Darcy

I will check this forum for posts from you, Vicky.

7. Vicky & Sharess

Vicky & Sharess Member

Thanks a lot Diane and Suzanne! I will continue posting onthe Main Forum :)

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  8. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Suzanne , Melissa FrostyD would like her to continue to post on the Main Forum :cat:
    @Suzanne & Darcy