NEW Update: Josie's bouncy return

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Jenna Josie, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

Yeah, I didn’t like that much, and unlike her other pink PSs, I know this one isn’t a bounce.

Still, given her sensitivities, I’m thinking to raise in 0.2 increments — ?

2. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

I think that sounds good. For Sam I might increase by 0.1 or 0.2u each cycle, but for Josie maybe every other cycle? What are you thinking for that?

3. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

I was thinking 0.2 every other cycle. The other option would be 0.1 each cycle, which of course ends up being the same thing over the day, just less "abrupt."

I was thinking, too, that I will likely want to do that until we get to 1.4 and then maybe wait a bit longer to see how she settles. 1.0 is clearly too low, but 2.0/2.2 was clearly too high, and I don't want to sail past the correct dose.

I feel like I'm pretty much winging it right now. :(

Djamila likes this.
  4. Djamila

Yes, you are definitely in a "winging it" phase right now. Just think how far you've come though since you first started! You can now wing it with confidence! :smuggrin:

I do the 0.1u increases every cycle with Sam quite often. He tends to push back against the 0.2u increases and go higher instead of lower. 0.1u seems to sit better with him.

PS you're on page 2 - might want to consider starting a new thread...;)

5. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

@Djamila Your wish is Josie’s command! (Could you command her to get her pancreas working? ;) ). 206 PMPS surprised me a lot given her AMPS and given that she’s had less insulin in 36 hours than she’d been getting in one cycle ...

It’s interesting: the cat sitter gave her 1.2 for a week, a purposefully reduced dose. We brought her up pretty quickly when we got back in town, and her SS has been very colorful since (before, I remember being frustrated by all the yellow, yellow, yellow). I am wondering if her little body got used to having to do some more of it’s own work during that week, and if I’ve been bouncing her higher by increasing the doses, especially if it’s true that she’s been dropping low overnight these past weeks and we were sleeping through it ...

I did up her to 1.2 tonight, but depending on her numbers (of course), I might very well rest her here for a bit and see what there is to see.

Page 2! Yes, time to start a new thread!

Rachel likes this.
  6. Djamila

Oh, if only that were possible!!!

FWIW, I really don't think you were overdosing. I think you hit a breakthrough dose. Often cats will go up and up and then you hit some magical number and they go all wobbly, and then sometimes start going down for a bit.