NEWLY DIAGNOSED

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by dana moore, Jul 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

Just use the link in my original email. Once it's in your Favorites, you can open it every time you want to add a number.

The link in your signature on the forum is a Read Only. You can't add anything to it or change anything.

2. dana moore

dana moore Member

But the one you made me was so great!!!! :cat:

3. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Go back to the email I sent yesterday. It had the link and is still good and up to date.

I am not sending you a different one. That one is still fine. It just needs to be put on to your computer under your favorites.

dana moore likes this.
  4. dana moore

dana moore Member

Okay, his new numbers are342 at 5 hours. not good

5. Sue and Oliver (GA)

I think it was too much insulin this morning. I know that seems counter productive but sometimes with ProZinc, you get higher numbers rather than lower when the dose is too high. Looking back at your spreadsheet, he had better numbers On 1/1.5 than he got on higher doses.

Let's see how the cycle shakes out. He might also be a kitty who has a high cycle the day after a low one. Some cats bounce that delayed way instead of right away.

Regardless, he is in a safe range and it's only one cycle. Pull on those patience pants and let's see how tonight looks.

6. dana moore

dana moore Member

7. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

I'm with Sue. Looking at your SS, he had lower numbers with lower doses and higher numbers with higher doses.

Give it some time. It takes time to figure this sugar dance out.

dana moore likes this.
  8. dana moore

dana moore Member

thank you everyone. Its starting to make some sense now.

9. dana moore

dana moore Member

Ok I will be checking around 5:30 when I get home from work and I will immediately let you know so you can coach me in what to do next.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
  10. dana moore

dana moore Member

Okay I just took it and it was 174. I'm going to wait 20 minutes and check it again

11. Sue and Oliver (GA)

How many hours after the shot? (We all live in different time zones. It's best if you can post like the spreadsheet (+3 i

12. Sue and Oliver (GA)

And Dana, it's time to start a new thread. Once you get to 2 pages, people get lost trying to reply.

13. dana moore

dana moore Member

Okay I just took it two times in a row and I got pretty good blood and it said to2 18 each time so should I give him one unit?

14. dana moore

dana moore Member

Ok I'm working on the spreadsheet right now

15. Sue and Oliver (GA)

One unit sounds okay. I would make sure to get a before bed test to make sure he is in a safe range.

Dana, I am never going to be around in the morning when you shoot. So let's figure out a plan. The 2 did okay on a high 300 but he had a late nadir, which can mean too much insulin. I'd say try 1.5 for 300+ and one under 300. Anything under 200 stall to be sure it is rising and the reduce the dose to .75 or .5

We can always raise the dose if he stays too high. But it's important that you don't have to skip.

Is he on all wet low carb now?

16. dana moore

dana moore Member

Ok sounds good I don't expect you to be up when I get up but it sure would be nice. lol. I went ahead and gave him one and I will check in before I go to bed.

17. dana moore

dana moore Member

I've been trying to give him soft food but he's not eating that much of it so I am incorporating the WD with it. I went to Petsmart today and got some soft food I was looking for the Evo and the young living? Where do you find those foods that.

18. Sue and Oliver (GA)

I don't know. I only feed Fancy Feast. You might post on Health and ask. You want to be sure you are getting the right Evo that is low carb.

I'm in Colorado so we're three hours difference.

19. dana moore

dana moore Member

Colorado wow I always wanted to go to Colorado. I live in Myrtle Beach South Carolina. Yeah I've been looking on a lot of different websites and what's the best Fancy Feast I did get about 5 cans of that the classics. Do you only feed your soft food? Riley's a picky eater but we are going to eventually turn all of my cats to soft food. I've got the spreadsheet saved under my documents on my computer I just have to find how to put it on the message board. I don't have a lot of time at night I have to make my daughter some pizza now so I will talk to you soon thank you so much for your help

20. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Any of the pates are fine. My kitty likes chicken feast and turkey and giblets - the classics. I have it easy - only one cat and he isn't picky.

The spreadsheet is in your signature (Riley's ss). And it is updated with today's numbers - good job! Remember, the spreadsheet in your signature automatically updates when you add numbers to the one you have on your computer.

dana moore likes this.
  21. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Have you seen the tips for transitioning to wet food by Dr. Pierson? http://www.catinfo.org/docs/TipsForTransitioning1-14-11.pdf

My cats all eat only wet food. We've been feeding Friskies Special Diet because my civvies have urinary tract issues and they are low in phosphorus. However, they're discontinuing it, so I wouldn't try that on your kitties.

It's possibly I'd be around when you get up in the morning...but unlikely. Even if I am, I'm not as good with dosing advice as Sue. I like the sliding scale she suggested. I'll try to check in when I get up in the mornings, but I can't guarantee I'll be able to. I try to hang out on here as much as possible but life...

Tomorrow, why don't you start a new thread? A new one each day helps us to keep up. That way, we can keep up with what's going on. :)

dana moore likes this.
  22. dana moore

dana moore Member

Thank you Rachel I appreciate that. I will start a new thread i'm just still new to this and I forget how to do it but I'm on my phone right now and I'm doing all of this in between patients at work and coming home and trying to feed my daughter and it's kind of a hectic. But I will soon get the hang of it, it takes me like 10 to 15 minutes just to prep myself to take Rileys blood glucose level. I hate doing that. I will definitely read the info about soft food thank you so much

23. dana moore

dana moore Member

I don't personally know you guys but I know that I love you thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.