No more glucose?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Raelene Rodriguez, Apr 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raelene Rodriguez

Raelene Rodriguez New Member

Hello,
    My Kitty was diagnosed on February 22 2021. He used to eat Purina dry food, he started on vetsulin and He was eating KD hills for a month but stopped and I started giving him tiki cat chicken instead. A little bit before the tiki cat, he got mouth ulcers and was eating less so I took him to a different vet to get another opinion and they checked his blood, did urinalysis, and fluids AND an antibiotic for the ulcers. He was diagnosed with chronic kidney disease there. I give him sub q fluids every other day now for hydration. It’s helped a lot! He’s more energetic and motivated to eat.. also he’s no longer constipated. His glucose levels were 110 them 108 the next day after at the vet. Also his neuropathy weakness in the legs stopped ever since I started him on tiki cat. Also the urinalysis came back as no glucose being passed in the urine. They told me to just keep giving him 4 units a day of vetsulin but I don’t see why he needs such a high dosage or anymore insulin at all??? Could my Kitty be in remission?

2. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

108 is an excellent number at a vet office! Are you testing at home? I would be checking before breakfast and not giving any insulin if he is below 200 (since you're using Vetsulin) and check him midday and see if his numbers are staying low. The food change may have put him in remission.

Definitely don't be giving 4 units if he's doing 108-110 on his own!

Dyana and Diane Tyler's Mom like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.